The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,641
On 7/7/2023 at 10:51 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Apperantly speak now TV will end up doing 150M Streams 

although most of the vault tracks are bland 

Its crazy how overexposure made her this massive...99% or Artists will flop bc if it and 100% goes irrelevent with long breaks too

I think she is an okay musician & flavourless Artist but she indeed is crafted and blessed by Gods

madonna count your days 

She will be in the league of MJ & Beatles sales wise when she retires 

& #1 Touring force 

My prediction is that even her last album will end up doing 100 weeks on billboard 

I think think there’s a few reasons why she’s more popular now than ever and how she keeps growing fans. Releasing two albums in 2020 when there wasn’t much going on, TikTok, her doing these rereleases are introducing new people to her old stuff, plus she gives her fans what they want and they reward her back.

• paws up 1

On 7/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

pop gays are stuck in 2010s and their pop girlies era when riri gaga Katy etc used to be these sexy weird mystery girls...most of the popgirls were working with max martin dr luke on that generic pop formula and there was no MAKE AN ALBUM culture yk.. even Beyoncé & gaga who were only popgirls making GREAT albums...they were pushed forward with their singles 

But in 2023 the singles culture is GONE. U dont need massive singles anymore...a good body of work can survive own its own due to music consumption being free and easy

Most of pop gays want gaga to have those MASSIVE singles again and bag bad bunny & bts collabs but that will add ZERO value to her artistry

2010 won't return again & even if you make flowers... endless summer vacation will be filler album...

gaga needs to adapt with this trend and her LG-7 rollout should be different than chromatica era... She needs to make a BODY OF WORK its essential for her survival & resuscitation of her GREAT MUSICIAN status 

there is no value of RAIN ON ME if people won’t care about other 12 tracks like they don't exist

She needs to make album like NORMAN F ROCKWELL which will age beautifully irrespective of how many frontloaded top ten hits it make

ITS TIME LET ME PRAY 

I agree for the most part of what you said, but somehow I also think that streaming era has made it harder for “album artists”… Bey’s own Lemonade and Self-Titled clearly aged bad on streaming despite smashing back then, and she went back to a traditional rollout with Renaissance (she objectively needed BMS and Cuff It doing well, and she released the AHAP remix as well).

Between popgirls, only Taylor is currently able to smash with an album as a whole thanks to her fanbase + alt or hip-hop girls trending at the moment or thanks to fanbases/Gen Z as well (Lana, Billie, SZA, Ariana some years ago). 

Gaga just needs a decent combination of both, like look at ASIB: there are still those tracks that aren’t particularly well-received on streaming (HBF, Heal Me etc.) but Shallow, ARUTW and INLA make up for those and the album overall is perceived as quality. She needs good body of work and those 3-4 tracks designed to be singles as well. 

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 7,529
On 7/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, little legend said:

Not the Ava Max propagandanists already taking over the world. 

TfbcA_.gif

I did see Ava last month in NYC - it was a great show. I'm going to have to travel to Euro to see damn Tay Tay.

And I guess I'll be seeing Gaga in Paris in October :whatga:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,787
On 7/7/2023 at 6:35 PM, little legend said:

Not the Ava Max propagandanists already taking over the world. 

TfbcA_.gif

Thought you were a secret mod :whatga:

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

"vampire" debuts at #2 in the UK

#6 +6 for Cruel Summer

#12 -2 for Padam Padam

:whatga:

Edited by emig_09

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 7/7/2023 at 4:59 PM, PanPikus said:

Chile :icant:

Gaga's catalouge could've been bigger if she had compenetnt team first and foremost. The amount of times they ruined potential of her songs to be hits / bigger hits is unbelievable and it's only their fault. Ofc Gaga is the one hiring them. That’s her only fault. And maybe she could be more open to work with different artists, for their projects etc, but artistic legacy I guess :ari_roll:

The "problem" is that Gaga doesn't have an obsession with being the biggest pop star alive for the rest of her career, it kind of was enough for her after 2013, with all the trauma and sh!t that happened with her, she'll much rather do her career the way she wants and have a more private life for her own good and I think this is better for her (Gaga found some peace in her life just in the past 2-3 years literally) 

• paws up 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:11 PM, PanPikus said:

Give the sissies a pity view. Let's get them to 400M finally 

hate how this didn't become bigger/lacked longetivity. It's still one of my most streamed songs every month :giveup:

• hugs 2
  • sad 1