The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 7/4/2023 at 5:10 PM, JennyWayne said:

You know Cruel Summer was the Swiftie-version of ARUTW for the longest time. They wanted it to be the final single off Lover for 3 years before it finally happened. Maybe there's still hope for ARUTW :bradley:

I’m just hoping ARUTW gets featured in a movie or TV show and goes viral a la Bloody Mary. 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 7/4/2023 at 6:41 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Only the biggest female hit of the century. 

Firework, Dark Horse, Roar, Crazy in Love, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Shallow, Tik Tok, We Found Love, Umbrella, Call me maybe, Rolling in the Deep, Hello, someone like you, Hung Up...

On 7/5/2023 at 7:28 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Firework, Dark Horse, Roar, Crazy in Love, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Shallow, Tik Tok, We Found Love, Umbrella, Call me maybe, Rolling in the Deep, Hello, someone like you, Hung Up...

None of them are as big as Flowers. I think only Tik Tok and Call Me Maybe could come close? Crazy in Love, really? It was local af. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,956
x3
On 7/5/2023 at 8:14 AM, Miaou said:

new peak in its 5th week :applause: 

no frontloaded mess allowed :applause:

arrêtez avec la propagande Dua Lipa

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524eksf46xm40568et9t

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,856

One wonders what’s the proportion of points on the Hot 100 that make up forced consumption, e.g. radio, playlisting, autoplay, recommendations.

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,430
On 7/5/2023 at 9:26 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

She's still struggling to enter the top 30 despite massive payola and the biggest movie of summer. 

The movie isn't even out yet :ohhh:

Popster for Sale 41,856

They knew DTN wasn’t going to smash. They released it way earlier for radio to build so it has a better chance at getting a high peak.

Popster for Sale 57,271
On 7/5/2023 at 7:16 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

None of them are as big as Flowers. I think only Tik Tok and Call Me Maybe could come close? Crazy in Love, really? It was local af. 

Plz girl it's too early to tell whether Flowers will have similar numbers to Poker Face or Rolling in the Deep in the long run. Both sold 20M downloads and reached a billion streams both on Spotify and YouTube, Flowers only had the edge on Spotify and the pure aren't comparable

Flowers had a bigger peak than those but it may be frontloaded, who knows

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,856
On 7/5/2023 at 9:31 AM, Miaou said:

:dead:

another 1M+ debut in the basket ? 
gosh she is truly the TrashDonald’s of the music industry 

big seller = trash? :laughga:

Popster for Sale 41,856
On 7/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, Fame Romance said:

Plz girl it's too early to tell whether Flowers will have similar numbers to Poker Face or Rolling in the Deep in the long run. Both sold 20M downloads and reached a billion streams both on Spotify and YouTube, Flowers only had the edge on Spotify and the pure aren't comparable

who knows if anyone will even talk about the song 10 years from now

• thanks 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 7/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, BenG said:

big seller = trash? :laughga:

She draws a huge social class with her low quality music i.e her discography just like MacDonald’s draws a certain huge social class with it’s low quality foods 

Edited by Miaou
  • thanks 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:44 AM, Fame Romance said:

Girl we've been hearing about how frontloaded Flowers is going to be from Day 1, but it remains at the top of the Billboard Global 200 and UWC after six months. It's the longest-charing song ever on both charts. Will you be still calling it fronloaded if it spends the entire year in the top 10? 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 7/5/2023 at 10:50 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Girl we've been hearing about how frontloaded Flowers is going to be from Day 1, but it remains at the top of the Billboard Global 200 and UWC after six months. It's the longest-charing song ever on both charts. Will you be still calling it fronloaded if it spends the entire year in the top 10? 

You can’t compare songs from the digital era and the streaming era anyway 

it is not comparable 

• thanks 3