The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,787
On 6/29/2023 at 9:07 PM, Miaou said:

Gaga touring force could be bigger than Taylor and Beyoncé if her health wasn’t a problem 

#SponsoredByPfizer

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Gaga´s Spotify Update:

Shallow - 2.139.223.565 (+915.079) [+41k compared to last week]

Poker Face - 970.479.754 (+770.685)

ARUTW - 1.013.101.490 (+724.912

Just Dance - 804.798.666 (+673.047)

Bloody Mary - 357.650.213 (+660.493)

Bad Romance - 973.269.241 (+616.000)

Telephone - 563.280.229 (+392.038)

• paws up 6

Popster for Sale 44,650

I wouldn't mind a retread of TFM is it was actually done as well as the first round but that just seems impossible. Nicki's Pink Friday is not nearly in the same realm of artistic achievement of TFM, and I still think she won't be able to pull it off again. Para a frente é que é o caminho, como se costuma dizer. 

Edited by ClownOreos
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 710

I know we only have one real viral hit (Bloody Mary) and we want another want soon (i wish a Chromatica hiper viral track like Bloody Mary) but it would be so good to have some semi viral tracks like Government Hooker. We don’t talk much about it, but it is so f-ing incredible, it has like 23 millions streams exactly one year ago and know it has 70 millions.

Having many semi viral Hits like GH is even verter than have a total viral hit like BM. 

that is what us happening to the entire Lana catalog 

• paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 6/29/2023 at 11:05 PM, ClownOreos said:

I wouldn't mind a retread of TFM is it was actually done as well as the first round but that just seems impossible. Nicki's Pink Friday is not nearly in the same realm of artistic achievement of TFM, and I still think she won't be able to pull it off again. Para a frente é que é o caminho, como se costuma dizer. 

not only that she probably won't, but she couldn't give a flying sh!t about making a 2.0 of any of her albums

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,650
On 6/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, danwasd said:

not only that she probably won't, but she couldn't give a flying sh!t about making a 2.0 of any of her albums

Is that a bad thing though? I think it's pretty natural and expected that an artist would move on from their past work

she could definitely put more effort into anniversary editions and etc. that's for sure, but what I really want are new iterations of her artistry

Edited by ClownOreos
  • paws up 3

The Fame Popster 333
On 6/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, ClownOreos said:

Is that a bad thing though? I think it's pretty natural and expected that an artist would move on from their past work

she could definitely put more effort into anniversary editions and etc. that's for sure, but what I really want are new iterations of her artistry

Yea, and I honestly don't need more in terms of Anniversaries. Unless we're getting 3+ new/unreleased songs and other new content, I think this practice stinks of desperation. I'm good with how BTW (10) will age - it only gave BTW 1 more week on BB200, but completely fit both Gaga as an artist/brand and BTW's mission.

@AndreuI don't think most Gaga fans actively want a "2.0" of any album, even TF/TFM. With a discog as diverse as Gaga's, fans are going to always hope her next project aligns with whichever album they prefer most. We always hear "Bring back REDOne!" from The Fame/ electronic dance stans, "Teens want darkGa!" from TFM/ euro-pop "dark" pop stans, "She needs to be more experimental!" from ARTPOP/ crazyGa stans, "We need an album of ballads!" from Joanne/ASIB HAC-Ga stans. I'm overgeneralizing, but the point remains.

Sure, there's ACT II devotees, but I don't think the majority are willing to trade in a new, 12+ track LG7 LP and era. I doubt even the most invested ARTPOPpers are hoping for more than an EP of ~7-8 scraps; a re-issue with DWUW (feat. Xtina), Brooklyn Nights, and maybe 1 more bonus track would be fantastic.

Edited by JustJames

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The new Olivia song is so bland and basic. 

Of course a Taylor stan would say that cause Olivia just dissed Taylor to the ground :billie:

• paws up 1