The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 6/27/2023 at 2:33 PM, JustJames said:

It is NOT eligible, ffs (annoyance directed at only 1/3 posts being quoted). The GRAMMYs do have proper, concrete rules, including that ALL submissions must be NEWLY recorded material, of which 2 criteria include 1. having never been submitted (as a single or as part of an album) for GRAMMY consideration, which has a few exceptions but also 2. having been recorded within the last 5 years.

• The 66th GRAMMY Awards eligibility period is Oct. 1, 2022 to Sept. 15, 2023.

The GRAMMY Awards are open to new recordings released during the eligibility period. These recordings must be commercially released, nationally distributed and available from any date within the eligibility period through at least the date of the current year’s Final Round voting deadline.

• NEW RECORDINGS

"“New recordings” is defined as material that has been recorded within five years of the release date and not previously released. Recordings that are not newly recorded are only eligible in Best Historical Album, Best Compilation Soundtrack Album, Best Immersive Audio Album (if the multichannel mix is new), Best Remixed Recording (if the remix is new), Best Recording Package, Best Special Package (if the package is new), Best Album Notes (if notes are new), and certain multidisc sets in the Classical Field. These classical multidisc releases are eligible even if greater than 50% of the playing time was recorded more than five years before the release, provided the album contains 100% previously unreleased material, employs a single artist or ensemble only, and contains the work of a single composer only."

https://naras.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/66th_Rules&Guidelines

then explain TV's getting nom'd

Popster for Sale 41,784
On 6/27/2023 at 3:21 PM, danwasd said:

I believe it was sufficiently different from the original version and also newly recorded

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 6/27/2023 at 4:24 PM, BenG said:

I believe it was sufficiently different from the original version and also newly recorded

that's what I remember too, but according to what's present I infer ATW(10MV) would be considered a remix(?)

like, this is the whole point of what I was explaining, their rules are far from transparent

A Popster Is Born 14,779

"...any current remixes, alternate mixes and any new mixes of recordings released in a previous awards year are only eligible in Best Remixed Recording."

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

After listening Kim Petras album for some days I can say now I agree with Pitchfork... def full of other artists rejects

there is no other way to explain it :dead: @Mario Spears

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 6/27/2023 at 3:13 PM, Imtired1616 said:

This top tier Gaga performance is about to hit 10 million views, and I just think that's ffffffffffffffffantastic. :romance:

Spoiler

kiii thats MR has multiple like that kiii

This performance was really good. I remember they tried with ARTPOP doing that tv promo thing gays want all the time after a big blackout then did swine XWXS and guy mv it managed to chart like two more weeks off it then they ghave app they ghave appp

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 6/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, Delusional said:

reputation > the album with the word OVER in the title 

The problema with lover is the production, it should sound like "hits differents"to be good. Daylight, Lover, Cornelia Street, Cruel Summer and Death by a thousand cuts are pop masterpieces 

Edited by ReadyGaga
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 6/27/2023 at 5:22 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Told you miss Swift would add a 5th date in France, you so underestimate her :laughga:

+ extra dates in so many places, even Warsaw and Zurich. This tour is gonna be insaneeee

spacer.png

• shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,827
On 6/27/2023 at 11:21 AM, danwasd said:

On 6/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, danwasd said:

that's what I remember too, but according to what's present I infer ATW(10MV) would be considered a remix(?)

like, this is the whole point of what I was explaining, their rules are far from transparent

Because those are re-recordings aka "new voice recordings"

On 6/26/2023 at 8:53 AM, DonnieDarko said:

It’s definitely NOT too soon imo, it’s been more than 6 years already. Having said that, it’s not going to happen anytime soon imo. Maybe a cameo during Ariana’s set?

Nah, it’s too soon. She’s only released one studio album and one soundtrack. It doesn’t feel like 6 years tbh. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,180

I wonder where those people for those French Taylor Swift concerts are coming from. She only has 2 albums barely charting on French Spotify, and her only Platinum to date 1989 took 5 whole years to go Platinum :laughga:

Speaking of which, I just realized Gaga will become the artist with the most Platinum albums this century as Chromatica and Joanne are close to it 

She’ll have 7, there’s Eminem, Madonna and Rihanna who each have 6. French legend :romance:

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1