The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,180
On 6/20/2023 at 9:10 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Plenty of people listen to the radio in the U.S. 

But to a way smaller extent than they did 10+ years ago

I think Billboard hasn’t changed the Hot 100 formula to take that into account because there must be a big radio payola system that would collapse if radio couldn’t boost chart positions anymore

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 6/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, BloodyRain said:

How the f- this song is not on “This Is Lady Gaga” playlist? I don’t understand 

What’s worse, Hold My Trash Can is at #1 and GodPlay is nowhere to be seen. 

• paws up 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:19 PM, Fame Romance said:

But to a way smaller extent than they did 10+ years ago

I think Billboard hasn’t changed the Hot 100 formula to take that into account because there must be a big radio payola system that would collapse if radio couldn’t boost chart positions anymore

And the formula reflects it. The radio used to account for the vast majority of points of major smash hits. "We Belong Together" was entirely propped up by the radio.  

Popster for Sale 57,180
On 6/20/2023 at 9:45 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

And the formula reflects it. The radio used to account for the vast majority of points of major smash hits. "We Belong Together" was entirely propped up by the radio.  

Still there’s a problem with the formula, songs breaking the historic records every week is not normal, hits are not bigger now than they were in the past 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 6/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, Delusional said:

Stade is being used for the Olympics :rip: u know damn well she would use the stade if it was free, you got lucky

Her popularity in France is not big enough to sell the Stade de France except if she wants to perform in an empty space :rip:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 6/20/2023 at 9:11 PM, Miaou said:

Her popularity in France is not big enough to sell the Stade de France except if she wants to perform in an empty space :rip:

Yet she’s doing a third French stadium date in Lyon :rip: she could’ve simply just done one date at the Stade de France if it was available, like other artists :icant: but the demand is simply too high. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 6/20/2023 at 9:21 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

But she’s doing 3 stadium dates there :katy:

But they aren’t stade de France due to the Olympics so clearly no demand. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,784
On 6/20/2023 at 9:11 PM, Miaou said:

2x La Defense is approx. Stade de France, no?

• lol 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, Fame Romance said:

Still there’s a problem with the formula, songs breaking the historic records every week is not normal, hits are not bigger now than they were in the past 

It's hard to say whether they are bigger or not for sure due to different means of consumption, but there's definitely much less competition now compared to a decade ago, which is why major hits have more staying power on the charts.   

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 6/20/2023 at 8:55 PM, Delusional said:

🕯️London show prayer circle 🕯️

@ReadyGaga are you getting tickets for San Siro

I absolutely have to do everything possible for those tickets, I have already registered on the TicketOne website but I don't know if it will guarantee me immediate access to the sale, in any case I must have them because I will no longer have the opportunity to see them in Italy, I'm sure won't be back anytime soon sadly. 

You go to the London show right?

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 6/20/2023 at 9:48 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I absolutely have to do everything possible for those tickets, I have already registered on the TicketOne website but I don't know if it will guarantee me immediate access to the sale, in any case I must have them because I will no longer have the opportunity to see them in Italy, I'm sure won't be back anytime soon sadly. 

You go to the London show right?

Mhm, hopefully one of the dates. It’s pretty confusing I think, cos the registration doesn’t even guarantee access lmao 😭 

• hugs 1