The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 6/18/2023 at 5:47 PM, CrankThat said:

Must be their new tactic, pretending to be a fan of certain artists to promote this girl's name down our throats since nobody but her fans give a sh!t about her.

A Gaga fan who only talks about Taylor? I wasn't born yesterday :mess:

Maybe it's time for me to show up on MadonnaNation with some Madonna-like nick to talk and promote Gaga all day there. :mess:

• lol 1

I love Bad Romance, but it is one of the my least played of her since 2017 or so. Mainly because I overplayed the heck out of it in 2010-2011 and was still on heavy rotation afterwards. I didn't burn out other Gaga singles like that. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

Bruno Mars - Doo wops & Hooligans 

Grenade - 1024M

Just the way you are - 1600M

Our First time - 62M

Runaway Baby - 340M

The lazy song 753M

Marty You 768M

Talking To the Moon 1035

Liquor store blues - 138M

Count on Me - 540M

The other side - 65

Somewhere in brooklyn - 34

TTTM acoustic - 50 M

these absolutely insane numbers for a 2010 album :dead: no wonder he doesn't need to do anything anymore :applause: one of the best pop albums of all time so good for him

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 6/18/2023 at 9:49 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Maybe you weren't born yesterday, but you only joined this forum 6 months ago

Ignore it 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 650
On 6/19/2023 at 11:34 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I still believe if 911 would’ve been properly promoted the song would have been a hit. Top 20 at least.

Still can't understand why they didn't sent it to the radio and playlisted it as the 3rd single after ROM, when they already had a video (which is the most difficult to get).

Popster for Sale 41,784
On 6/19/2023 at 10:54 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Dua out of the top50 with a 180M playlist reach :applause:

Oh GODua what are you doing outside

Edited by BenG
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711

Youtube UK :

#2 Padam Padam

Youtube Australia :

#2 Padam Padama

oh GODLIE not you having an anglophone smash in 2023 :applause: see when you serve excellence 

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 99
On 6/19/2023 at 11:34 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I still believe if 911 would’ve been properly promoted the song would have been a hit. Top 20 at least.

It should have been the lead single. Been saying this since ages… its literally the only solo track I keep playing from Chromatica. It did well on radios too here (Italy). I hate they didn’t even try to push it… 

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 6/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, Andraslop said:

Still can't understand why they didn't sent it to the radio and playlisted it as the 3rd single after ROM, when they already had a video (which is the most difficult to get).

The MV and pop rising push did boost it but then it harshly fell again. she couldn't do anything at the time to stop the free-falls as things werent organically clicking. I believe 911 went #1 on Italian radio for two months but never re-entered the spotify there.
Chroma was right at the star of a wave/trend but it didn't ride any of it - same for tiktok. Also callouts were nasty af back then. im glad we got the album as a fan

On 6/19/2023 at 12:01 PM, Mew said:

It should have been the lead single. Been saying this since ages… its literally the only solo track I keep playing from Chromatica. It did well on radios too here (Italy). I hate they didn’t even try to push it… 

yeah it would've done a lot better on streaming as the lead, not sure about radio. 

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 6/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The MV and pop rising push did boost it but then it harshly fell again. she couldn't do anything at the time to stop the free-falls as things werent organically clicking. I believe 911 went #1 on Italian radio for two months but never re-entered the spotify there.
Chroma was right at the star of a wave/trend but it didn't ride any of it - same for tiktok. Also callouts were nasty af back then. im glad we got the album as a fan

yeah it would've done a lot better on streaming as the lead, not sure about radio. 

I think Chromatica should have had these singles to be more commercially successful:

- Replay with a good music video, playlist, radio, physical and digital singles in the debut week

- Rain On Me one week before the album, second official single with the same treatment of Replay plus interviews and an SNL performance with Ariana

- Sour Candy promotional single with full video + live performance with Black Pink + Lyrics video + radio in Korea/Japan/Indonesia/Philippines/Singapore + Chromatica album release with streaming party organized by Gaga and acoustic performance of some tracks (Alice, Stupid Love, Rain on Me, 1000 doves) 

- 911 second promo single with music video only

- fall 2020 releases Fun Tonight to US radios + some playlists and releases acoustic Sine From Above in Europe

- in 2021 release DoC with Babylon Haus Labs remix as single with radio, playlist, music video + Fortnite performance

- 2022 Chromatica deluxe + Tour with Love Me Right as the last single and images from the tour.

easily get a debut album with around 290,000/310,000 copies, 2B streams within the first year on Spotify, two #1 singles (Replay and Rain on me) and a probable #2 with Sour Candy coming out together with the album and the video + longevity on Billboard 200 (at least 100 weeks) and 2/3 weeks at number one, several Top 40 singles (performing as Hold My Hand, platinum certified + Top 20 radio + decent longevity). maybe Platinum in UK and US in one year 

• paws up 1