The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

The Fame Popster 333
On 6/15/2023 at 3:08 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

It just hit me
Bloody Mary is eligible for this year’s Grammys, cause it was released as a single officially.

Now imagine if she wins Best Pop Dance Grammy for it and Born this way becomes a Grammy winning album finally
A DREAM!!!

Yea, no. Bloody Mary is not eligible - the single released in 2023 is the same as the one included on the album Born This Way, which was recorded, released, and submitted for Grammy consideration in 2011.

Singles and tracks from an album submitted 1 year prior are eligible provided the album did not win.

“Truth Hurts” was deemed eligible because it was commercially distributed as a single (which it may not have been considered to have been depending on the label and format originally tied to) AND: 1) it was recorded within the previous 5 years, 2) it hadn’t been submitted to the Grammys previously, 3) it was included on an album - Special (Deluxe) - released during that eligibility period.

If an entirely (>50% or something) different version like ATW10 was recorded and released, that’d be the only route to eligibility. A DJ remix would - if different enough - be allowed only into the Best Remix category.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

It just hit me
Bloody Mary is eligible for this year’s Grammys, cause it was released as a single officially.

Now imagine if she wins Best Pop Dance Grammy for it and Born this way becomes a Grammy winning album finally
A DREAM!!!

BM getting nominated for this year's grammys is what It deserves! Bloody Mary Is Just One of her best đŸ”„đŸ™Œ

Popster This Way 756
On 6/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, Mario Spears said:

@Delusional  @ItsGenuineGuy09 @Fame Romance @Jeroin2000  @OliverDespechao @ClownOreos    

Lemme shake the table IJBOL 

Ya know whats something Katy stans can't accept? That girl's career only lasted 3 years and has only 1 hit era. 

Something Nicki stans can't accept? Their fave copies Lil Kim and without her features her catalog wouldnt have as much streams and she's problematic.

Why am I being tagged. That's so random. I have never said anything negative about Katy or nicki.:uhh:

• hugs 1
  • lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,903

Update for TFM:

4.980B — +3.65M

it's About to hit 5B streams!!!! 

and for the viral hit Monster:

82.449.422 — +119.931M

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/15/2023 at 11:28 PM, Jeroin2000 said:

Why am I being tagged. That's so random. I have never said anything negative about Katy or nicki.:uhh:

Jks. Don't worry ;)

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/15/2023 at 11:30 PM, Miaou said:

Oh ADGA not you outviewing daily Rihanna or Beyoncé despite a way less discography 

And Update for AUSSIE KYLIEGEND

One Word: MOTHER

On 6/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, Applause said:

it's not dance music though, it's only like 100bpm :bradley:

ROTY instead i fear

Its electropop with an electronic instrumental. Plus Dance music doesn’t mean to be upbeat necessarily like in the previous years theres been midtempo “dance” songs nominated in Best Dance recording by Keytranada or Rufus de sol.

Praying it gets nominated!

Also regarding the release eligibility, wasn’t Kate Bush’s Running up that hill literally submitted last year (even though didn’t get nominated)

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/11/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mario Spears said:

S12 already has more than 5 B streams without even being released! (TQG, Music Sessions #53 and Don't Wait Up are counted btw)  :romance::legend:

Te Felicito, Monotonia y Acrostico are the three confirmed tracks off the album and each one of them has more than 1 B streams.

congrats Shakira!!!

STREAM ACROSTICO!!!!

Update for S12. 

The album, despite not being out yet has reached 7.8 B streams 👑 

Acrostico: 1,46 B

TQG: 2,6 B

Te Felicito: 1,46 B

BZRP: 1,542 B

Monotonia: 800 M

Don't Wait Up: 100 M

And Doja Reached 6.4 B streams for Planet Her!

Congrats to both Queens Shakira and Doja!!!  👏👏🙌🙌👑👑

Edited by Mario Spears

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/15/2023 at 11:57 PM, Mario Spears said:

Update for S12. 

The album, despite not being out yet has reached 7.8 B streams 👑 

Acrostico: 1,46 B

TQG: 2,6 B

Te Felicito: 1,46 B

BZRP: 1,542 B

Monotonia: 800 M

Don't Wait Up: 100 M

And Doja Reached 6.4 B streams for Planet Her!

Congrats to both Queens Shakira and Doja!!!  👏👏🙌🙌👑👑

Now S12 is only behind Future Nostalgia (10.6 B) for most female streamed album of the decade (It has outstreamed Midnights, Chromatica, Renaissance, Positions, Planet Her & Hot Pink, Endless Summer Vacation) and it's the most streamed 2023 album!

845329b96202f1d9fc9b7189e395fbf1.gif

90d7b6fe04b37507e4b65962da1ae71f.gif

Stream ACROSTICO btw đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

Two hours worth of remixes :applause: including one by Burns

Spoiler

Because all of them are both in shortened/radio format and extended/mixable as it should always be :applause:

I had been waiting for the Nicky Romero remix for months but now after all this time I kinda dont care anymore :ohhh:

Edited by Andreu

Popster to Popster 3,903

Okay Doja snapped w her new Song and video!!! 🙌👏

Edited by Mario Spears

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/16/2023 at 7:44 AM, Mario Spears said:

Okay Doja snapped w her new Song and video!!! 🙌👏

like Mother, like Daughter

b1A3b5s_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,181

Beyoncé was so a-m-a-z-i-n-g

Everything was so over the top, she had a giant silver horse, a rover on stage, robotic arms fanning her on Heated

The costumes were pristine and she looked amazing, and her singing filling a whole stadium and performing was just out of this world as per usual :romance:

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 4