The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,631

I was the first to be surprised at the Pfizer endorsement yesterday but the current hate train because of that to the point of even questioning what she did for the LGBTQ+ community is definitely uneccessary and vile, especially coming from stans of people who truly stayed silent for years pandering the average Republican and becoming 'outspoken' only when it was convenient in the last years.

Gaga ad posts on her IG are annoying, sure, but they don't erase what she did for the LGBTQ+ since the beginning of her career, and it's becoming exausting that everytime something happens in the world she has to say something, she's not the President of the United States.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,167
On 6/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, Leptine said:

I was the first to be surprised at the Pfizer endorsement yesterday but the current hate train because of that to the point of even questioning what she did for the LGBTQ+ community is definitely uneccessary and vile, especially coming from stans of people who truly stayed silent for years pandering the average Republican and becoming 'outspoken' only when it was convenient in the last years.

Gaga ad posts on her IG are annoying, sure, but they don't erase what she did for the LGBTQ+ since the beginning of her career, and it's becoming exausting that everytime something happens in the world she has to say something, she's not the President of the United States.

For me it was funny but... all the hate train... cmon... those ph4gs deserved a slap

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,873
On 6/14/2023 at 5:14 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

You need a prescription from a doctor to get them. 

An ad for a prescription drug? :whatga:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903

that time She SPOKE on It!

Truly a Queen we can trust! 🙌👏

Popster for Sale 57,284

So excited to see Beyoncé in concert tomorrow :darkmode:

Traveling all the way to Germany to see her as Paris sold out instantly 

My body is not ready to hear Heated live, I haven’t even seen what the Renaissance Tour performance of that song looks like to have the surprise :ally:

• paws up 4
  • shook 1
  • love 2

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 6/14/2023 at 12:46 PM, BenG said:

An ad for a prescription drug? :whatga:

They're illegal everywhere except America and New Zealand

A Popster Is Born 14,819
On 6/14/2023 at 6:14 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

You need a prescription from a doctor to get them. 

if there's an ad, there has to be a target buying community, it's not rocket science. so it's either the final consumer of the doctor prescribing them. one way or another, she's promoting a prescription-only, not-fully tested drug with secondary effects and I don't feel confortable with her promoting it. that's it.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,167
On 6/14/2023 at 2:33 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

"Perfect Illegal" her next single :ohhh:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,819
On 6/14/2023 at 7:33 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

to be fair, they're not. they're legal –according to my 3-minutes long research– in, at least, the USA, New Zealand, Israel, the whole EU and the UAE.

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 6/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, danwasd said:

to be fair, they're not. they're legal –according to my 3-minutes long research– in, at least, the USA, New Zealand, Israel, the whole EU and the UAE.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/medications/do-not-get-sold-on-drug-advertising#:~:text=How drug ads work,prescription drugs directly to consumers.

ARTPOPster 1,642
On 6/14/2023 at 12:42 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

This is about advertising not the drug itself. It’s legal to advertise prescription drugs directly to the consumer in the US. 

Edited by Paradise is in my hands

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 6/14/2023 at 1:52 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

It’s legal to advertise prescription drugs directly to the consumer in the US. 

That was exactly my point haha 

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 6/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

Ahhh I see your response was to Ben’s  comment. 

I am Ben

ARTPOPster 1,620

Legal doesn't mean ethical y'all. Direct to consumer prescription ads only became legal in 1998 due to heavy lobbying from Big Pharma. It can be argued it has to do with the increased over-prescription problem because people shop for doctors until they find one willing to prescribe them that drug from the cute ad on TV. 

It's not the end of the world but it's poor judgment. We'll survive. But I wish she'd never ever do this again. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 4