The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 5/27/2023 at 8:01 PM, Thrasher said:

But I think nobody is doubting she might snatch a hit long-term knowing her history.

We’re just saying that debuting with 2.9M streams despite being #1 on TTH and coming from a smash era doesn’t look good in terms of having a following… But we’ll see what will happen with DL3 lead. 

She is clearly a GP artist. The opposite of Taylor (who debuts high and then falls of a cliff). I'm almost certain that DTN will be still charting in the Spotify top 10 WW while Karma will be nowhere near.     

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 5/27/2023 at 6:53 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

DTN will be prominently featured in one of the most anticipated movies of the year. It will get heavy playlisting and strong radio support. She will easily snatch another 1B song.   

Honestly, anything could happen. I mean just look at Top Gun being one of the biggest box office smashes of the decade and having One Republic song going viral when wthe movie was out and getting all the attention while Lady Gaga's song was the one that they wanted to push first and ended up be a clear commercial underperformance.

Anything can happen. Let's see when movie and the full soundtrack will be out. 

That said Mark Ronson said the song was a big choreo moment in the movie, so maybe that could go viral in some kind of way. 

Edited by monketsharona

On 5/27/2023 at 8:31 PM, monketsharona said:

She owns the music industry tbh 

Glad for her though, I remember some fanbases were predicting her to have her flop era since like after Red. It's still yet to happen :tea:

And she's only 33:dead:She will probably put out five more albums in five years from now. The entire Billboard 200 will be flooded with her albums. She might be the biggest artist of all time in a decade from now. 

I remember all these Rih v. Tay threads from 2017:tea: only for Rih to retire and flop with her comeback single in 2022 while Tay released a bunch of smash albums and just scored a massive hit.   

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 5/27/2023 at 6:04 PM, ClownOreos said:

I think this will be yet another flop for Dua

DL3 will be a different story though 

Dance the night is kinda hitting. monsters are too obsessed with these peaks JBOL

Forrral tho the song is like a Japan iTunes bonus track, so it’ll only go so far :bigbird:. I would be shocked if it did over 20 weeks UK/USA. 80% of all OSTs flop

At least Hand for Gaga joined her other slower songs With cute streams x playlist ratio :talent:

• thanks 2

Popster This Way 994

Less than 15 days until ARUTW will reach 1 BILLION streams on Spotify :alexz: 

Without being an official single, without a TTH residency, without promotion, without a radio deal…just based on pure talent. Legendary if you ask me :clap3:

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 994

~67 days until Poker Face will reach 1 BILLION streams on Spotify

~72 days until Bad Romance will reach 1 BILLION streams on Spotify

~167 days until Rain on Me will reach 1 BILLION streams on Spotify

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,903

🙌🙌 to Whoever made this mashup 

like big sister (Rina), like little sister (Dua)  :legend:

This mashup Is a 💣🔥 and Rina Sawayama & Dua Lipa are sisters fr!!!

Edited by Mario Spears

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 5/28/2023 at 6:40 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Dua showing cute Youtube and AM numbers for day 2, it could actually increase on Spotify

Dance the night joining hold my hand as this years stable basic OST fodder 🔥🔥 the new song of the summer is here for Dua  :talent: