The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,927
On 5/12/2023 at 12:06 PM, corvus albus said:

AM is still an Apple product. Apple users, who often have a lot of money, don't use Spotify. That’s why AM can count on a large, loyal, wealthy consumer base.

But the price per month is the same?? Spend more money on what??

A Popster Is Born 10,646
On 5/12/2023 at 11:29 AM, PanPikus said:

I mean, nothing is stopping you from starting a petition for Frankensteined :uhh: 

People wanted that Act II petition and were singing it and it made noise that Gaga talked about it. 

You're free to do the same :bow:

Would people even sign it :bradley: I don't think I'm big enough to make it grow :billie:

Would RedOne go hard on battling for it as much as DJWS for Act 2 ?

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 1:48 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

As someone who has owned plenty of Apple products, I speak from my own experience. Is there any data to back up your assumption that iPhone owners are more likely to pay for streaming services?  

The fact that 50% of the price of Apple products isn't labor or material costs, but simply that half-eaten Apple emblem, tells me enough.

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, BenG said:

But the price per month is the same?? Spend more money on what??

At least here, Apple Music is 10,99€ monthly and Spotify 9,99€. Students pay 5,99€ on AM and 4,99€ on Spotify :bebe:

It's the exact same service still more expensive.

I use Amazon Music because that was cheaper up until this year :bebe:

Popster for Sale 41,927
On 5/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, corvus albus said:

At least here, Apple Music is 10,99€ monthly and Spotify 9,99€. Students pay 5,99€ on AM and 4,99€ on Spotify :bebe:

It's the exact same service still more expensive.

I use Amazon Music because that was cheaper up until this year :bebe:

Apple Music actually has more features. Spotify wanted to sell HiFi as an extra but Apple Music and Amazon Music caught them by surprise by making it free. Spotify still has no idea how to monetise HiFi, hence they're not supporting it. Also, Apple Music now has a separate classical music service.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 5/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, Andreu said:

Shakira releasing a solo song finally

Andreu

@OliverDespechao we won

her first solo spanish song since 2017

Reveal hidden contents

the song is kinda mid tho BloodyOreo

The way I heard this bop:

after this they only did collab = dance/uptempo and now this solo song is a ballad :billie:Dont Wait Up was ahead of it’s time with no promo! 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,927
On 5/12/2023 at 1:41 PM, corvus albus said:

The fact that 50% of the price of Apple products isn't labor or material costs, but simply that half-eaten Apple emblem, tells me enough.

iPhone material cost is about 45%. This excludes labour, R&D and marketing costs.

Most smartphone manufacturers don't develop their own chip and OS to begin with.

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/12/2023 at 8:17 AM, monketsharona said:

Gosh people are petitioning for ARTPOP 2.0 but I feel like we were a lot more robbed not having those songs from 2015. And she had the best team involved in the studio.

Wish Gaga would release Brooklyn Nights & Frankensteined But ya know 😭😩

It seems like Last Night is finally peaking on the radio, but this redneck garbage remains at #1 on Apple Music:dead:He will be at the top on the Billboard Hot 100 for quite a while. Kill Bill keeps dropping so Flowers might return to #2 in a week or so. 

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, BenG said:

iPhone material cost is about 45%. This excludes labour, R&D and marketing costs.

Most smartphone manufacturers don't develop their own chip and OS to begin with.

That was an exaggeration...

Pop-a-911-ster 22,806
On 5/12/2023 at 3:01 PM, BloodyOreo said:

dog days are over

dog days = no LG7 

omg LG7 is coming soon confirmed :darkmode:

yeah i can get behind this rumor :applause:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,389
On 5/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The way I heard this bop:

after this they only did collab = dance/uptempo and now this solo song is a ballad :billie:Dont Wait Up was ahead of it’s time with no promo! 

I liked that song a lot too but the fact it never even charted in the spotify top200 :billie: we really thought she was over back then huh

Thank you cheating scandal

Pop-a-911-ster 30,389
On 5/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, Dean Judaster said:

LG7 sounds like a smash album :giveup:

wait it's just the voices in my head

si67bAM.jpg

Smash as in smash or pass maybe

si67bAM.jpg

A Popster Is Born 11,582
On 5/12/2023 at 2:15 PM, monketsharona said:

Would people even sign it :bradley: I don't think I'm big enough to make it grow :billie:

Would RedOne go hard on battling for it as much as DJWS for Act 2 ?

That's what I meant. The person who started Act II petition had plenty of people wanting it as much as him. 

Frankensteined is just a song that RedOne talked about and Gaga sang a little part of to a few fans backstage at the tour, never officially mentioned it. 

I would love to get that song too, but it’s less known among everybody. So less supported as well.