The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 11,582
On 5/12/2023 at 8:17 AM, monketsharona said:

I think the concept was said to be about her being put into pieces and asking someone to bring it all together. Very conceptual. Knowing it was her post ARTPOP era time, it makes a lot of sense. And it fits with what RedOne said in interviews saying she was trying to feel better after a big hard time.

Gosh people are petitioning for ARTPOP 2.0 but I feel like we were a lot more robbed not having those songs from 2015. And she had the best team involved in the studio.

I mean, nothing is stopping you from starting a petition for Frankensteined :uhh: 

People wanted that Act II petition and were singing it and it made noise that Gaga talked about it. 

You're free to do the same :bow:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/12/2023 at 10:51 AM, Andreu said:

Shakira releasing a solo song finally

Andreu

@OliverDespechao we won

her first solo spanish song since 2017

Hide contents

the song is kinda mid tho BloodyOreo

Shakira never disappoints. She always serves hard!!! 👏👑

True QUEEN/MOTHER behavior 👏

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, BenG said:

Interesting that Spotify's 2022 revenue is EUR 11.7B and Apple Music's is USD 8.3B.

I think it's about which people use AM and which use Spotify. AM is used by people that use Apple products, which are a status symbol. Apple product users are more likely to spend more money on other Apple products, ergo increasing revenue. Spotify is a general use product, but mainly used by people who don't want to pay too much for music, revenue is naturally lower because of this group.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,932
On 5/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, corvus albus said:

I think it's about which people use AM and which use Spotify. AM is used by people that use Apple products, which are a status symbol. Apple product users are more likely to spend more money on other Apple products, ergo increasing revenue. Spotify is a general use product, but mainly used by people who don't want to pay too much for music, revenue is naturally lower because of this group.

That's AM revenue, not Apple.

Spotify's revenue is dragged down by free tier and countries with low exchange rates, I would say.

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 1:03 PM, BenG said:

That's AM revenue, not Apple.

AM is still an Apple product. Apple users, who often have a lot of money, don't use Spotify. That’s why AM can count on a large, loyal, wealthy consumer base.

Pop-a-911-ster 26,614
On 5/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, BloodyOreo said:

155 Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine 1,239,936

This masterpiece is charting because of being featured in Guardians of the Galaxy @boobatella talent won!

it's a masterpiece, it shouldn't have to need GotG feature but we'll take it :applause:

• yaas, gaga 2

On 5/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, corvus albus said:

I own an iPhone 14 Pro and other Apple products, but I don't pay for streaming services. I use the free Spotify version.       

Pop-a-911-ster 22,809
On 5/12/2023 at 2:33 PM, BloodyOreo said:

155 Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine 1,239,936

This masterpiece is charting because of being featured in Guardians of the Galaxy @boobatella talent won!

deserved :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,129
On 5/12/2023 at 1:38 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I own an iPhone 14 Pro and other Apple products, but I don't pay for streaming services. I use the free Spotify version.       

Read the comment again and tell me how the words "more likely" and "mainly" are used in their specific sentences. Small hint, they're not absolute statements.

On 5/12/2023 at 2:45 PM, corvus albus said:

Read the comment again and tell me how the words "more likely" and "mainly" are used in their specific sentences. Small hint, they're not absolute statements.

As someone who has owned plenty of Apple products, I speak from my own experience. Is there any data to back up your assumption that iPhone owners are more likely to pay for streaming services?  

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 5/12/2023 at 12:42 PM, boobatella said:

everytime i see @BloodyOreo mention me in a post, i automatically assume we are clowning over some fake rumours :icant:

dog days are over

dog days = no LG7 

omg LG7 is coming soon confirmed :darkmode:

• lol 1