The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 5/9/2023 at 5:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Imagine going back in time and showing a medieval gay peasant Bad Romance MV

Do you think they'd be gagged? 

It's difficult to say for sure how a medieval gay peasant would react to watching Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" music video. Keep in mind that medieval society had very different values and norms than our contemporary society, particularly when it comes to issues of sexuality and gender.

While some individuals in medieval times may have had more open attitudes towards same-sex attraction, it's also possible that they may have been shocked or offended by the explicit imagery and themes in the music video.

Ultimately, the reaction of a medieval gay peasant to "Bad Romance" would depend on a variety of factors, including their personal experiences and beliefs, as well as their understanding of cultural and historical context. However, it's safe to say that the video would be a completely alien and bewildering experience for someone living in the medieval era.

• lol 7

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 5/9/2023 at 3:05 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

It's difficult to say for sure how a medieval gay peasant would react to watching Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" music video. Keep in mind that medieval society had very different values and norms than our contemporary society, particularly when it comes to issues of sexuality and gender.

While some individuals in medieval times may have had more open attitudes towards same-sex attraction, it's also possible that they may have been shocked or offended by the explicit imagery and themes in the music video.

Ultimately, the reaction of a medieval gay peasant to "Bad Romance" would depend on a variety of factors, including their personal experiences and beliefs, as well as their understanding of cultural and historical context. However, it's safe to say that the video would be a completely alien and bewildering experience for someone living in the medieval era.

Thank you, chatgpt

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 26,516
On 5/9/2023 at 10:05 AM, Andreu said:

I gues with these things there are so many factors and different possibilities that it's impossible to draw an actual conclusion, the same way there are smashes that are tanking in daily streams nowadays and song that flopped  back then having healthy streams.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:14 AM, Thrasher said:

I think it has to do with her being inactive at the moment and BR not being helped by TikTok trends.

JD, PF, Judas etc. kinda are, Shallow/ARUTW are organic, ROM is rising due to Pride Month incoming etc. 

On 5/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i think Bad Romance will thrive when Gaga comes back into the fold - its more linked to her.

Once she drops another organic hit with good curation or does a major promo spot, BR will shoot up on Spotify/YT.

PF and JD are really fitting in rn with tiktok and the other bangers come into fashion. GP are still as  unpredictable as ever when it comes to the MPGs lol @BloodyOreo

Yeah plus BR isn't really doing bad per se, it just looks relatively bad. I think another member already pointed out that BR is still growing in streams compared to last year. It simply hasn't gone viral

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,516
On 5/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, BloodyOreo said:

On 5/9/2023 at 11:05 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 11,578
On 5/9/2023 at 4:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

One way or another, sure. :gaycat:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I think Gaga could definitely release an album early next year and not wait until after J:FAD. She has plenty of time. 

Same, I don't think she wants to wait up untill 2025 for a new album herself, she has a lot of time untill the Joker movie comes out (and I'm pretty sure she has been working on her new album untill now too). Just because we don't know what she's doing currently doesn't mean she does nothing.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 5/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Same, I don't think she wants to wait up untill 2025 for a new album herself, she has a lot of time untill the Joker movie comes out (and I'm pretty sure she has been working on her new album untill now too). Just because we don't know what she's doing currently doesn't mean she does nothing.

Sis has hinted at working at her home studio for a couple interviews too :whatga:

Nothing is guaranteed and ultimately depends on whether she wants to release an album or not but I think it's possible.

If we don't have any solid rumours by the end of this year I wouldn't count on it coming next year though. Let's wait and see.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/9/2023 at 3:22 PM, boobatella said:

asdffnfjnds an estonian artist made her version of HMH for a local tv show :rip:

i’ve seen so many people on social media saying that "this is the best estonian song ever" or that it is the best song they have heard in a while :rip:

HMH you’ll forever be famous (as an estonian rip off) :applause:

Miss Hold My Hand you'll ALWAYS be famous :applause:

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,962
x3

Gaga's next album will be released in 2-3 years and probably it won't be a solid pop-dance album. 

Maybe Stupid Love will be her last pure dance pop lead single :cry:

A Popster Is Born 18,410

If we’re getting a new album in 2024, it’s going to in the first half of it, I’m sure. 2023 is, according to for example BZ, not looking promising. Last time I asked, he said nothing until q3 and he didn’t have any schedules for q4 of 2023 so yeah.

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Sis has hinted at working at her home studio for a couple interviews too :whatga:

Nothing is guaranteed and ultimately depends on whether she wants to release an album or not but I think it's possible.

If we don't have any solid rumours by the end of this year I wouldn't count on it coming next year though. Let's wait and see.

Yeah her recent interviews also gives me more hope that she has been working on a new album, I think in the end, we'll be surprised (in a good way) 

On 5/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, little legend said:

Gaga's next album will be released in 2-3 years and probably it won't be a solid pop-dance album. 

Maybe Stupid Love will be her last pure dance pop lead single :cry:

Stupid Love is quite decent so I'm fine with that.    

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,857

I really want Gaga in a MUSICAL movie. Not like ASIB, but an actual musical like The Greatest Showman or Hairspray. She would slay so much :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 16,838

ideally, Taylor and KPop Acts are the perfect acts to stan.. always feeding their cult bases regularly

SAD that TAYLOR is just BLAND, BASIC and MEDIOCRE.. and KPop is just in a downward spiral in quality :katy:

• sad 1