Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,509
On 4/5/2023 at 2:58 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I'm surprised artists are still willing to go on Carpool Karaoke... it's funny cause when Gaga did it in 2016 I thought it was already off trend then :enigma:

Edited by 0606060
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,772
On 4/5/2023 at 8:06 PM, 0606060 said:

It's kinda f-ed how her last 3 eras have had some annoying circumstances:

Artpop: obvious hate train, management drama, flop era, kinda speaks for itself

Joanne: deviated way too far from her usual sound, released twangy album when songs like Cheap Thrills, Closer, One Dance were smashing, poorly picked lead single

Chromatica: pandemic, highly politicized/election year, leaked music, another poorly picked lead, abandoned after 4 months

Hopefully next era we can at LEAST get a strong rollout during lead single and album promotions without interruptions and following a schedule regardless of what's happening. More live performances too ofc :prideheart:

The thing is most of these things don't have to impact your music era, covid sure, but everything else was kind of up to Gaga/her team. There was a clear lack of drive to promote the album, which is why we should keep our expectations low for next era. Since I don't see Gaga putting much effort in doing an "era" anymore, I just hope that the quality is good so that it speaks for itself. Otherwise I'm afraid it'll be ugly chart-wise. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • sad 2

ARTPOPster 1,509
On 4/5/2023 at 3:12 PM, BloodyOreo said:

The thing is most of these things don't have to impact your music era, covid sure, but everything else was kind of up to Gaga/her team. There was a clear lack of drive to promote the album, which is why we should keep our expectations low for next era. Since I don't see Gaga putting much effort in doing an "era" anymore, I just hope that the quality is good so that it speaks for itself. Otherwise I'm afraid it'll be ugly chart-wise. 

They don't impact your era if you're a Taylor Swift type, but we've learned that Gaga is really just not that cut throat or willing to do anything to be on top when it comes to music. Which is totally fine. As a fan I just want to like the new music, get performances and some visuals. Whoever said she should do a visual album is on the money, that way she can just drop that and bounce (if she chooses to do so) and the fans will feel nice and full. I don't think she will ever have an era where there is absolutely no content *cough* renaissance

Edited by 0606060
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,283
On 4/5/2023 at 9:12 PM, BloodyOreo said:

i mean we litteraly know about tons that was planned before everything went to sh!t so not sure why we act like it was like this all along and take that as clue for future eras. Like sure different ppl will handle stuff differently, but all their plans had to be canceled several times, and that affects ur drive and so on. They planned big pre pandemic era and had to cancel everything. They tried to adapt to that but then she had to cancel everything again to "read the room". Not to mention she already had HOG lined up so she din't have much to work with. Like she did try to squzee quick lil award show performance and another video before moving to that

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 5
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,857
On 4/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, emig_09 said:

Harry's nomination in the awards season...

:icant:

Please M3GAN win over him

Ngl I thought the nomination for Best Villain would be "Harry Styles acting skills" :icant:

• lol 5

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 4/5/2023 at 8:20 PM, Fame Romance said:

She needs to release her magnus opus, no more semi-successful albums like Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica

I do agree but at the same time it's not that easy releasing something that it's immediately perceived as 'magnum opus', most of the times it happens casually or people need time to realize it.

When it comes to Gaga, she reached already some highs that are not easy to be topped again.

I think it's better to have low expectations in general.

Popster to Popster 3,171
On 4/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Am I the only one that's excited but also quite apprehensive about LG7? I'm a bit afraid that this is the album we could see Gaga really start to leaning into being a legacy artist, at least as a pop musician. Chromatica era (or lack thereof) did a number on me. :icant:

Also more than ever the public seems to appreciate her early years, and will definitely judge whatever comes next against TF(M) and BTW. I fear she has to impress this time around. 

After her DELIVERING so hard with ChromaBall, and her literally telling us she feels like her self again? IAW. :whatga:

• paws up 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,509
On 4/5/2023 at 4:00 PM, Replay said:

i mean he called her harley so its still joker era me thinks

Harley inspired album incoming

Dark Bawps only!!

I just realized that those posts are from today (one story post from 14hrs ago). She's giving Joanne era

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 4/5/2023 at 4:02 PM, 0606060 said:

She's giving Joanne era

Nah she's giving raw and dark aesthetic era