Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 3/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, Ayobabylon said:

White gaga stsns act like BLM effected chromatica’s 1M debut sales. Like do the math. All she did was make her social media black, cancelled posting videos of her dancing to chromatica & gave her SM FOR BLM activism. Thats the bare minimum we should expect from an A list celebrity.

Stop making it all about race, we talk about charts and charts only. 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 3/20/2023 at 11:03 AM, chartgaga said:

I think no matter what Chromatica was gonna be frontloaded

it did affect a bit but not in the long run 

Chromatica's debut and free-falls,  the songs debuting dead last on callouts, and losing much of her effortless France slayage etc does show it didn't land - but the jam packed summer 2020 would've shown her as the pop star and made really tight chartuns for the first 6-8 weeks. Like BTW post TFM.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/20/2023 at 12:08 PM, Ayobabylon said:

White gaga stsns act like BLM effected chromatica’s 1M debut sales. Like do the math. All she did was make her social media black, cancelled posting videos of her dancing to chromatica & gave her SM FOR BLM activism. Thats the bare minimum we should expect from an A list celebrity.

I don’t remember what Beyonce did minus the Black Parade payola and remaining very silent

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Chromatica's debut and free-falls,  the songs debuting dead last on callouts, and losing much of her effortless France slayage etc does show it didn't click - but the jam packed summer 2020 would've shown her as the pop star and made really tight chartuns for the first 6-8 weeks. Like BTW post TFM.

Yes pretty much, maybe a few more units collected but it was always gonna fall flat in the end

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 3/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, BloodyMary said:

On 3/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, chartgaga said:

I don’t remember what Beyonce did minus the Black Parade payola and remaining very silent

Its not a competition babe..she must have done something too i didn't follow her that time 

Moderator 17,108
On 3/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, chartgaga said:

Considering the song is more focused on people joining her parade and her sitting on her throne, I'd say she handled the situation far worse than most celebrities.

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

On 3/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, corvus albus said:

Considering the song is more focused on people joining her parade and her sitting on her throne, I'd say she handled the situation far worse than most celebrities.

Yup. Beyonce is trash wbk. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, corvus albus said:

Exactly, she came off as very tone deaf. The way Selena Gomez did way more than her

A Popster Is Born 12,801

I'll Never Love Again:

Region Certification Certified units/sales
Australia (ARIA)[61] Gold 35,000double-dagger
Denmark (IFPI Danmark)[62] Gold 45,000double-dagger
France (SNEP)[63] Platinum 200,000double-dagger
Italy (FIMI)[64] Gold 25,000double-dagger
Norway (IFPI Norway)[65] Gold 30,000double-dagger
Poland (ZPAV)[66] 3× Platinum 150,000double-dagger
Portugal (AFP)[67] Platinum 10,000double-dagger
United Kingdom (BPI)[68] Platinum 600,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[69] Platinum 226,000[33]
Streaming
Sweden (GLF)[70] Gold 4,000,000dagger

double-dagger Sales+streaming figures based on certification alone.
dagger Streaming-only figures based on certification alone.

Probably missing a lot of certs too - never spent a day on TTH and does about 150-200k daily. This has the chance to go diamond in France. A reverse Tayonce OST release experience

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,735
On 3/20/2023 at 11:45 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Btw, today’s POP update is weird, almost every song got +100 spins

Reveal hidden contents

BM second wind cancelled

rolling over daylight saving

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 645
On 3/20/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ayobabylon said:

The fact that she didn't do listening party or didn't post her dancing to her song didn't hurt her sales 

u can say she cancelled her interactions with fans like every other popstar at that time

it didn't hurt chromatica’s longetivity wise in any way

closing her website got 1-2 days might have hurt 10k-15k bundles thats it 

Gaga's Team literally had to scrap their new Covid-friendly album roll-out plan (for example, the video series with Ariadna or Chromatica TV).

Gaga went on silence for 2 months and gave up her social networks to BLM activist. 

The release week is one of the most important weeks for an album, as its when it receives social and media attention, and it's when its supposed to solidify regular listeners from the GP who will carry the album onwards. Instead of that, everyone put their focus on BLM and Chromatica was payed dust. With everything that was going on, I highly doubt that the GP was even aware about Gaga releasing a whole new album.

Spotify literally had two days of the release week with only black music on its playlists. 

Chromatica was released literally on the worst possible week, and when everything went back to normality, Chromatica was already deeply hurt and it hadn't any promo in order to let the GP rediscover the album. And my personal guess is also that Gaga was heavily frustrated because firstly her plans were ruined by COVID, and then they were newly ruined by BLM. Maybe that's why she decided to give up and paid the era dust.

If Chromatica weren't released on that week, we would have had: Chromatica TV, more videos with Aria and probably an Insta-Tik Tok campaign, listening parties, interactions, full social and media attention, no blackouts on Spotify, more streaming stability, and a more motivated Gaga to carry on the era.

So yeah, BLM really f**ed up the era in many ways, along with COVID.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1