Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 3/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, BenG said:

Yeah these reviews are just pointless, it's pretty obvious that critics in general are afraid to go against her.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 3/18/2023 at 9:37 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah these reviews are just pointless, it's pretty obvious that critics in general are afraid to go against her.

her and her huge CULT base :billie:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, Leptine said:

I see, (but not really), I mean, in years and years that I follow pop music from all over the world, the big success of this woman as musician will always remains a mystery to me, because even from the songwriting point of view that is supposed to be her stronger point, I find her lyrics cheesy, childish, monotematic, for young white teenage girls.

Maybe It's a limitation of mine, but in her I see all the exact opposite reasons for which I stan Gaga instead.

I studied literature and she’s lowkey one of the best songwriters ever. Her depiction of scenery, her choice of words, the multi meaning of some songs. Yes some are bad or childish but her deep cuts are usually amazing

Gaga on the other hand can sometimes be too concept oriented that it doesn’t mean sh!t even if she tries to act like it’s some big meaning. Their audience is def very different, don’t expect Taylor to sing about big dicks or sex overall (few songs do but in a very romantic way) while don’t expect Gaga to go the full girl next door lyrics

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/18/2023 at 2:40 PM, FRANZGA said:

seriously, Taylor is just the embodiment of White Mediocrity :katy:

oops, sorry for the swifties here :billie:

I mean I saw the reputation moves, I love her but it killed me… like she gotta stop

everyone’s entitled to their opinion and I’m glad it’s not a whole cult mentality

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, chartgaga said:

I studied literature and she’s lowkey one of the best songwriters ever

She relies WAY too much on simile, and often uses corny, stereotypical love imagery, rather than more creative ways to showcase affection and/or heartbreak.

To say she's among the greatest ever is quite ludicrous. Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Joanna Newsom, Fiona Apple, Lorde to name a few are miles better

Edited by IJustWorkHere
  • paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I would NEVER pay to see Taylor Swift perform live but yes she’s an incredible songwriter let’s not be @Delusional :door:

She's great at what she does, but what she does does not place among the greatest ever. That's what the claim was

ARTPOPster 1,855

I could be conflating songwriting with lyricism again too. I'm great at writing lyrics but can't put them to music

ARTPOPster 1,685

Still discussing TSwizzle I c

WgFrKkq.gif

On 3/18/2023 at 4:37 PM, Leptine said:

It's neither bought nor the critics are threatened... what is it then?

It's time to accept that the USA stans Taylor Swift, which is understandable considering the kind of country the us is, I guess

WgFrKkq.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708
On 3/18/2023 at 2:41 PM, chartgaga said:

I studied literature and she’s lowkey one of the best songwriters ever. Her depiction of scenery, her choice of words, the multi meaning of some songs. Yes some are bad or childish but her deep cuts are usually amazing

We don’t call her “songwriting talent only artist” for nothing :cm:

she should be in the same room with Hillary or Diane :cm: not with Gaga, Bey, Doja…etc :cm:

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou

A Popster Is Born 10,464

Gaga's peaks on US radios since 2013 :

Applause: #6
Shallow : #10
Do What You Want : #10
Rain On Me : #14
Bloody Mary : #18
Stupid Love: #18
Million Reasons : #19
Perfect Illusion : #49