Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,609

Even though I didn't like Miley's new album much, I'm sad about the underperformance. She squandered the comeback of decades on this. I've always felt she was underrated and after Flowers smashing streaming records left and right, I thought the album would do 400k units. Instead, we get to deal with Morgan Wallen again.:rip:

Imagine if PH had never come out and instead of ESV, she released Plastic Hearts as the album with Flowers as the lead single... It deserved so much better. :flirtga:

Edit: I wonder how many bandwagoners are now going to pretend they never liked Miley :laughga:

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 3

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 3/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, FRANZGA said:

:arguega:

This video always cheers me up but it's also quite sad to know that there really won't be another moment like this. Leaks are everywhere now, but more importantly, Gaga's fans from this time have grown up and are now adults. I was 12 when Aura leaked, and had my own moment of joy (although not quite as loud as this one lol) and now I'm 21. The mediums through which fans interact have changed, as have the fans themselves, and Gaga herself has changed too, although not always in ways we anticipate. ARTPOP, Joanne, A Star is Born, and Chromatica have all radically shifted the fanbase. Some fans have left after years of stanning, disappointed by the material or even lack thereof. I know that is not fair to Gaga but I can understand where they are coming from. Her first three albums were revelations, and all fans unite around them, but her passions have changed, and she now seems keen on focusing on an acting career. That is wonderful for her, but I'll always feel nostalgic for the early years. I hope Gaga, in whatever she does, continues to gain fans and appreciation for her hard work. She has changed and shaped my life and those of countless others around the world.

I would've loved to have known other Gaga fans when I was younger, and in a sense, through this video, I get a glimpse. The joy they felt and the common love they shared is heart melting. So thank you Timothy Alexander Cox, for bringing together other fans to capture this iconic moment that will live forever in Gaga lore and pop culture.

And thank you, Little Monsters, for supporting each other through all sorts of times and always having fun.

And most of all, thank you, Mother Monster, for being our idol, our inspiration, and our hope. Many of us would not be here without you, and we will always love you.

Paws up forever!

• love 3

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 3/12/2023 at 1:17 AM, FRANZGA said:

:arguega:

True, but it's calling 'growing up', 'becoming an adult', priorities and mind change.

How Gaga behaved at the beginning of her career fit a young woman in her early 20s, it was natural and spontaneous, times passed along with her life experiences and professional ones as well, she's now an adult woman and she behave like that and thank God for that.

Madonna or Katy that still trying to act like when they were younger are just cringe, there's a time and a place for everything.

Art wise she can still serve and deliver, she still has it in her.

Ads-promotions are just deals that every artist in her position gets but at least she can put her art also there, see the last Dom perignom promo campaign, it was very in good taste.

• paws up 9
  • thanks 5

The way Doja Cat was treated and treats her fans before and after her few controversies the last few years shows why artists as big as Gaga move the way they do nowadays. Combined with age, I'm not too shocked at how she has changed to preserve herself... that being said, I do think music has been in the backseat since ASIB smashed :dragon:

• paws up 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:51 PM, OliverDespechao said:

No Oscar for JFAD :dead:

the same “bosses” who were 100% sure that Boseman was gonna win BA and save the category last instead of per usual Picture :ohhh:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2