Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 17,891

:whatga: wow 

Party In the U.S.A. now ties katyperry’s "Firework" and MariahCarey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" as the highest certified song by a lead female artist in RIAA history (each 12x).

• sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 265

Listened to River, Jaded and Rose Colored Lenses and I’m liking this so far. She sounds great and the songs are fun/interesting. 

Just heard muddy feet. I love it!

Violet chemistry very meh

Edited by plasticdeek
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,641

Flowers has been everywhere and everyone seems to know about it, it's not fraud it's just celebrity drama. It seems like everytime a song smashes unexpectedly it's tied to that (Driver's License, Flowers, Shakira's last 9331 singles etc.).

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 3/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Flowers has been everywhere and everyone seems to know about it, it's not fraud it's just celebrity drama. It seems like everytime a song smashes unexpectedly it's tied to that (Driver's License, Flowers, Shakira's last 9331 singles etc.).

This..

FLOWERS is a legit WW SMASH

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/11/2023 at 4:43 AM, Modern Ecstasy said:

blue getting sampled is helping bring that 90s sound back.

Wouldn't credit DJ Guetta for this (or, like, anything) but it's pure tech trance and it's exciting!

On 3/10/2023 at 6:48 PM, yomama said:

Wouldn't credit DJ Guetta for this (or, like, anything) but it's pure tech trance and it's exciting!

I agree that this is trance but it still kind of fits in the lane of EDM influenced Pop that isn't the usual chorus-instrumental breakdown structure that I'm Good is.

I only like Flowers and Handstand so far on ESV.  I can kind of understand why K-Pop is taking off so much, and why hip-hop is so dominant in the US. Midnights, Harry’s House, 30 and Endless Summer Vacation are all way too safe and predictable for the most part. 

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/11/2023 at 6:27 AM, Arturo said:

I agree that this is trance but it still kind of fits in the lane of EDM influenced Pop that isn't the usual chorus-instrumental breakdown structure that I'm Good is.

You right and I ain't  deflecting -- it is a pop song, structured to be the pop smash hit single.
It's good though, and also trance.

Edited by yomama

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 3/11/2023 at 12:00 AM, 0606060 said:

Don't most monsters like Dua though? I feel like y'all are doing the most with this narrative :banana:I mean besides mentioning her TTH residency no one is in here trying to drag her like that