Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

The Fame Popster 333
On 3/8/2023 at 7:43 AM, Doncho said:

Pls. Nothing is coming and yall know it :icant:

We've def been here before and it's never ended well. However,
1. BM was sent to US Radio (ARUTW, INLA, 911, Free Woman say hi), 2. Gaga acknowledged it on TikTok (twice), 3. Artist / manager-owned Spotify assets (artist pick, vertical video) were updated, 4. Physical vinyls are on pre-order as early as Mar 15, meaning production began months ago, and 5. "sped up remix" showed up on the vinyl tracklist before being erased. There's no reason that'd happen (x4 as diff. shops went live) unless some site managers messed up/had to be contacted post-launch to make the change.

BM is also the 1st song since (Million Reasons? DWUW?) where Interscope updated Playiga and continued promo to Pop Radio. HMH, ROM, and SL were all removed at this stage and suffered massive drops on the format.

Some of us have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, but we'll see. Continued promo on Radio means it'll remain stable for ~2 wks when the vinyls ship + album bombs dissipate, which would put BM at 12 wks and in the Top 50/maybe higher. I don't expect a visual/anything official on YT, but a remix would be a big boost since at the very least, its Digital Sales have been hindered by how many people own BTW (A).

• hugs 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,827
On 3/8/2023 at 10:14 AM, JustJames said:

We've def been here before and it's never ended well. However,
1. BM was sent to US Radio (ARUTW, INLA, 911, Free Woman say hi), 2. Gaga acknowledged it on TikTok (twice), 3. Artist / manager-owned Spotify assets (artist pick, vertical video) were updated, 4. Physical vinyls are on pre-order as early as Mar 15, meaning production began months ago, and 5. "sped up remix" showed up on the vinyl tracklist before being erased. There's no reason that'd happen (x4 as diff. shops went live) unless some site managers messed up/had to be contacted post-launch to make the change.

BM is also the 1st song since (Million Reasons? DWUW?) where Interscope updated Playiga and continued promo to Pop Radio. HMH, ROM, and SL were all removed at this stage and suffered massive drops on the format.

Some of us have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, but we'll see. Continued promo on Radio means it'll remain stable for ~2 wks when the vinyls ship + album bombs dissipate, which would put BM at 12 wks and in the Top 50/maybe higher. I don't expect a visual/anything official on YT, but a remix would be a big boost since at the very least, its Digital Sales have been hindered by how many people own BTW (A).

Well yeah its a radio single. I meant "nothing" as in music video, performance, or any extra promo that some expect

Moderator 17,110
On 3/8/2023 at 12:28 PM, Bojana said:

Hot Hits Germany 2.5 million likes, Bloody Mary at #36

I-

My question is more, why now? The song has been absent from the charts and spotify charts here for over a month at this point, never sent to radio as well and suddenly they're doing something?!

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 3/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, 0606060 said:

This post a 20 second snippet of an unreleased song thing all these artists do nowadays is kinda smart and actually works, need Interscope to take notes :leap:

Twitter video with this snippet has 10,5M views (checked it yesterday) and the tweet 55M views...

she's coming 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 3/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, corvus albus said:

I-

My question is more, why now? The song has been absent from the charts and spotify charts here for over a month at this point, never sent to radio as well and suddenly they're doing something?!

Lift me Up, Lovely,Special are also there so the definition of Hot and Hit they use is very loose :applause:

Popster to Popster 2,984
On 3/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

@chartgaga tea? :enigma:

""Bloody Mary" vient d'être certifié single de diamant en France pour plus de 50 millions d'équivalent streams. Selon un communiqué de Polydor, "Bloody Mary" totalise donc 63,7 millions d'écoutes en ligne en France, dont 512.000 ces sept derniers jours. Au niveau mondial, le titre comptabilise 2,5 milliards de streams, toutes plateformes confondues. " http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Lady-GaGa/news-124224.html

Bloody Mary french sales:
Last week: 3,400 units (512.000 premium streams)
Total: 424,000 units (63.7M premium streams)

WW streams: 2,500,000,000 streams

The french sales from last week are accurate; the french total sales are totally impossible............; :icant:

Note, they didn't make the mistake of adding the youtube FR views since they say 512k listened last week, and it was 331K views on Youtube FR, so it's not a mix of youtube views & streams. But what mistake was made ?! I will tried to investigate. I will looked for evidence.

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/8/2023 at 3:37 PM, kékette said:

""Bloody Mary" vient d'être certifié single de diamant en France pour plus de 50 millions d'équivalent streams. Selon un communiqué de Polydor, "Bloody Mary" totalise donc 63,7 millions d'écoutes en ligne en France, dont 512.000 ces sept derniers jours. Au niveau mondial, le titre comptabilise 2,5 milliards de streams, toutes plateformes confondues. " http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Lady-GaGa/news-124224.html

Bloody Mary french sales:
Last week: 3,400 units (512.000 premium streams)
Total: 424,000 units (63.7M premium streams)

WW streams: 2,500,000,000 streams

The french sales from last week are accurate; the french total sales are totally impossible............; :icant:

Note, they didn't make the mistake of adding the youtube FR views since they say 512k listened last week, and it was 331K views on Youtube FR, so it's not a mix of youtube views & streams. But what mistake was made ?! I will tried to investigate. I will looked for evidence.

not 2.5B total streams for Bloody Mary

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/8/2023 at 3:41 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I wish for a pre taped performance but I think it’s also not happening.

Idk, that Variety article looks like PR to hype her up but it's on Sunday at this point...

• paws up 1