Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,651
On 2/24/2023 at 9:07 PM, Replay said:

DFY started charting on Spotify Global 200 in April 2022 :rip: 

It'll end up as one of his biggest hits. I think it's the biggest old viral phenomenon after Bush. 

On 2/24/2023 at 9:51 PM, OliverDespechao said:

Literally, nobody said that gret3.gif gret3.gifgret3.gif

Well then everybody didn't understand our major issues the last decade was 90% of the things she released being rejected by radios and having very meh callouts. 

Literally why her songs have zero longevity in US charts the last couple of years. 

If Bloody Mary is helping us having US radios being a bit more warm playing her, then it's a good point for next era. 

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,833

Notice how spotify didn't give a f*ck about Die For You when that song was getting like 3m updates/month but when the weeknd released the new remix with Ariana, it went straight on TTH. So yeah, Bloody Mary didn't really had a chance to be on that playlist (unless it was pulling a RUTH moment)

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:03 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Hope Gaga decides to collab with Woodkid for next era :bradley:

Wait he sings/wrote this song? ::-O:
Its so Iconic! His sound is so dark…omg imagine pairing that with GODGAs globally appealing melodies AHHHHHHHHH

Ohhh now I need to see them collab for at least one song to see what could they cook together

Ohhh french artists are just better collaborators for their classy and sophisticated aura!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 2/24/2023 at 5:56 PM, WildAmerican said:

the oscars need to stop cheapening their brand i s2g 

kids choice awards a** song 

Many here r sure Gaga and Rih will lose the Oscar based on NN won CC and GG... BUT both do not overlap any AMPA voter :laughga:

Edited by emig_09

On 2/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, Replay said:

we would probably get Kim Petrash remix or sumtn, so when I think about that I would rather have nothing :bebe:

I had a dream she released Bloody Mary (BloodPop Remix) :rip: 

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 2/24/2023 at 10:16 PM, Arturo said:

I had a dream she released Bloody Mary (BloodPop Remix) :rip: 

well if that could give us "new release" status to make its way to the TTH I woulnd't mind that

Inbefore we get Jeffree Star remix :rip: 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:50 PM, BloodyOreo said:

That makes sense so it won't happen.

Watch them drop the sped-up/visualizer after the song starts falling on radio :icant:

Well idk but i hope they do something later next month. Like March 24-30 tracking week should be a good date to push remixes and edits like sped up or smth. 

They cant be that stupid to ignore cute radio updates and knowing it has a chance to peak higher than what it is rn. 

in worst case it can be #40 hit with rising radio updates. 

in mid case interscope can release some remixes and edits EP to get a #20 peak for a week 

in best case someone pushes gaga to do  mv and release it with multiple remixes and edits on streaming platforms and maybe she can get a #10 peak with 50M airplay/12-13M streaming and 15-20k sales ( if all released in the same week)

On 2/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Notice how spotify didn't give a f*ck about Die For You when that song was getting like 3m updates/month but when the weeknd released the new remix with Ariana, it went straight on TTH. So yeah, Bloody Mary didn't really had a chance to be on that playlist (unless it was pulling a RUTH moment)

those things are paid, this narrative that spotify chooses song based on how they are doing is so bs

otherwise we wouldnt have songs that are #1 and cover on TTH the second they are released

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 2/24/2023 at 10:18 PM, BloodyMary said:

Well idk but i hope they do something later next month. Like March 24-30 tracking week should be a good date to push remixes and edits like sped up or smth. 

They cant be that stupid to ignore cute radio updates and knowing it has a chance to peak higher than what it is rn. 

in worst case it can be #40 hit with rising radio updates. 

in mid case interscope can release some remixes and edits EP to get a #20 peak for a week 

in best case someone pushes gaga to do  mv and release it with multiple remixes and edits on streaming platforms and maybe she can get a #10 peak with 50M airplay/12-13M streaming and 15-20k sales ( if all released in the same week)

I don't think remix EP would push it 20 spots unless there is feature involved (or spedup version somwhow catches up again which isn't very likely). Liddos aren't really fans to push 100k copies when remixes drop if u were aiming for that?

On 2/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, emig_09 said:

Many here r sure Gaga and Rih will lose the Oscar based on NN won CC and GG... BUT both do not overlap any AMPA voter :laughga:

more like the fact majority of the avg voter won’t probably even know what NN is and we already know how lazy voters get w these categories, name-checking either the most populous song and/or favorite film, hence the open case for an upset

• paws up 1

On 2/25/2023 at 12:21 AM, Replay said:

I don't think remix EP would push it 20 spots unless there is feature involved (or spedup version somwhow catches up again which isn't very likely). Liddos aren't really fans to push 100k copies when remixes drop if u were aiming for that?

Beyonce’s Cuff it remixes made her sell 80k and for sure i know Little Monsters wont but her sh!t. Maybe a cute extra 5k sales and 2M streams to what its doing weekly. 50m airplay 7k sales and 7-8m streams enough for a #20-#22 peak.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 2/24/2023 at 10:19 PM, sugden said:

those things are paid, this narrative that spotify chooses song based on how they are doing is so bs

otherwise we wouldnt have songs that are #1 and cover on TTH the second they are released

spotify curators get songs weeks before releases for that reason, sometimes they even get several songs and give their feedback, it also depends on the hype and previous success of the era. 

While some teams might do some illegal schemes to get there with mone, general rule is that it's based on demand, hype and so on, and payola narrative is usually just pushed by the fanbases who can't cope with their favs bombing, so let's not ride that train :bebe:

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 2/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, emig_09 said:

i mean it probably will still win, and no one will care outside of India