Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 2/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, sugden said:

i thought p!nk had passed her but she is 66 even with a new album

damn she TANKED

It's been a steady decline for a long time now.

She had an impressive run on the charts but unless she surprises the public, I think her days of hit singles/albums are over.

• paws up 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, Fame Romance said:

Super Bowl week sales: Joanne + The Fame = 112k album units

Anti + Unapologetic + Loud + Good Girl Gone Bad + Talk that Talk = 111k

Don’t think Rihanna’s bottom 3 albums sold much so Gaga probably outsold overall with Born This Way and ARTPOP

Well, to be fair Joanne was only 11 weeks old when Gaga performed at the Superbowl. Anti is 7 years old, so it pulling 38k is impressive tbh.

• paws up 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:39 AM, Swallow said:

Well, to be fair Joanne was only 11 weeks old when Gaga performed at the Superbowl. Anti is 7 years old, so it pulling 38k is impressive tbh.

I feel like all these comparisons between rihanna and gaga superbowl effect lack context and nuance on purpose, like yeah gaga catalogue went up 600% and rihanna's like 130% but gaga at the time was doing less streams than tori kelly and rihanna was already one of the most streamed artists in spotify like of course she wasnt gonna grow 600%

Not to mention how different album sales are today compared to 2016, is like people here act oblivious to ignore the fact that rihanna's superbowl had way more effect, but if you say it they think you're a hater or something

but is just basic logic like... come on now

Edited by sugden

On 2/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, sugden said:

I feel like all these comparisons between rihanna and gaga superbowl effect lack context and nuance on purpose, like yeah gaga catalogue went up 600% and rihanna's like 130% but gaga at the time was doing less streams than tori kelly and rihanna was already one of the most streamed artists in spotify like of course she wasnt gonna grow 600%

Not to mention how different album sales are today compared to 2016, is like people here act oblivious to ignore the fact that rihanna's superbowl had way more effect, but if you say it they think you're a hater or something

but is just basic logic like... commom now

but catalog boost is more common these days, Gaga boosts was unprecedent at that time like none of previous performers experienced that type of boosts, and I am not talking about percentage but pure numbers.

Its easier to have catalog boost these days because people don't have to buy something, they just need to stream multiple songs for free

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/18/2023 at 12:54 PM, zoldyck said:

but catalog boost is more common these days, Gaga boosts was unprecedent at that time like none of previous performers experienced that type of boosts, and I am not talking about percentage but pure numbers.

Its easier to have catalog boost these days because people don't have to buy something, they just need to stream multiple songs for free

Plus it’s been a couple of years where each acts kinda go through a catalogue rise anyway… I love how some need to downgrade Gaga’s boost

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/18/2023 at 7:49 PM, sugden said:

but is just basic logic like... come on now

You said including DWUW Streams is embarrassing..

You said Rihanna will demolish Gaga's boost in BB200 and H100.. and now that Rih didn't, you're trying to undermine Gaga's percentage boost even tho UNIT Wise Gaga is still ahead..

You are acting like a HATER sweetie

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, FRANZGA said:

You said Rihanna will demolish Gaga's boost in BB200 and H100.. and now that Rih didn't, you're trying to undermine Gaga's percentage boost even tho UNIT Wise Gaga is still ahead..

Lady Gaga Nfl GIF by Mashable

On 2/18/2023 at 9:08 AM, FRANZGA said:

yeah it is embarrasing the woman literally took any trace of that sh!t from the internet cause she is singing with a known pedo in it

i just feel like artpop will reach 1bi eventually you dont need to count that when she herself is embarrased of it

and yeah rihannas effect was bigger and by the new updates by hdd all you guys clowning her for not going top 10 with any album are in for a surprise

On 2/18/2023 at 12:07 PM, BloodyOreo said:

It's been a steady decline for a long time now.

She had an impressive run on the charts but unless she surprises the public, I think her days of hit singles/albums are over.

I think P!nk should consider returning in her punk / rock pop roots. 

Her last two albums are bland. And I'm saying this while loving her so much. Everything she does lately sounds the same.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 2/18/2023 at 7:18 AM, sugden said:

yeah it is embarrasing the woman literally took any trace of that sh!t from the internet cause she is singing with a known pedo in it

i just feel like artpop will reach 1bi eventually you dont need to count that when she herself is embarrased of it

and yeah rihannas effect was bigger and by the new updates by hdd all you guys clowning her for not going top 10 with any album are in for a surprise

Reaction GIF