Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 2/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, monketsharona said:

“Gaga, Rihanna, David Byrne, they’re going to be on stage at the Oscars if this all works out. That is the plan. What we’ve seen so far—the set design, the red carpet, the lineup of presenters, this commitment to really digging into the disciplines of moviemaking… It’s going to be a really fantastic night.”

—⁠Academy CEO Bill Kramer

https://letterboxd.com/journal/best-in-show-mr-academy-on-miss-m3gan/

Please 🙏  I need a Hold My Hand chart resurgence ala Shallord. :giveup:

• lol 1
  • love 1

On 2/17/2023 at 8:57 PM, sugden said:

kinda embarrasing counting dwyw on artpop totals tbh

Other fans count songs that were not on the tracklist of the album when it was released (albums that actually are real playlist) and we counting a song that was on the original release is embarrassing??

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popstanne 9,920
On 2/17/2023 at 6:59 PM, Doncho said:

I can already see Gaga being submitted to the Drama category at the Globes just to LOSE, instead of getting an easy win in the Musical/Comedy category :katy:

I see we're being humble already :giveup:

• lol 3

On 2/18/2023 at 5:59 AM, Doncho said:

I can already see Gaga being submitted to the Drama category at the Globes just to LOSE, instead of getting an easy win in the Musical/Comedy category :katy:

If they’re doing that then her team is dumb :whatga: but it’ll prob happen 

On 2/17/2023 at 4:59 PM, Doncho said:

both BH & Elvis were submitted as Drama, just b/c there will be musical aspects in the film doesn’t automatically equate to “Musical/Comedy” placement, plus its far better recognition as a whole competing in Drama to the Academy voting bodies alike 

I just want to say that I am very happy about Bloody Mary. Yeah, the streams have decreased, but it is normal, the trend started at the end of November and all the hype of Wednesday and the trend has died. But the song it’s still doing great, it has 235 millions streams (it had like 65 millions streams back in November) and will continue increasing so quick. Also, the song is doing well on the radio. And also it has potencial to have a good recurrent streams when all of this it’s over because Halloween season, Wednesday season 2 etc

So we have to be so so happy about Bloody Mary and don’t be dramatic everyday with the decrease of streams. Once again, Bloody Mary has 235 millions streams, I still don’t believe it. 

I wish another random track of Gaga to go viral like Bloody Mary, I mean, imagine Donatella, Enigma or Diamond Heart for example at 200 millions streams 

Edited by BloodyRain
  • paws up 3
  • hugs 2
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/18/2023 at 12:56 AM, BloodyRain said:

I just want to say that I am very happy about Bloody Mary. Yeah, the streams have decreased, but it is normal, the trend started at the end of November and all the hype of Wednesday and the trend has died. But the song it’s still doing great, it has 235 millions streams (it had like 65 millions streams back in November) and will continue increasing so quick. Also, the song is doing well on the radio. And also it has potencial to have a good recurrent streams when all of this it’s over because Halloween season, Wednesday season 2 etc

So we have to be so so happy about Bloody Mary and don’t be dramatic everyday with the decrease of streams. Once again, Bloody Mary has 235 millions streams, I still don’t believe it. 

I wish another random track of Gaga to go viral like Bloody Mary, I mean, imagine Donatella, Enigma or Diamond Heart for example at 200 millions streams 

What happened to Bloody Mary is never going to be not a BIG WIN, Gaga literally got a new hit in her catalogue without any effort (and its peaks are just a bonus literally). Tbh I'm surprised that the US radios are actually giving her song a bit of support

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/18/2023 at 5:30 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Gaga coming to prove everyone wrong for the 3rd time in a row :oscar:

"The first “Joker” made $1 billion dollars worldwide. The fact that this sequel is a musical starring Lady Gaga makes me think that maybe it won’t be as popular a film as the first one."

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/qedyba046evs9tl9dvfl29v4wqdc3y

I mean, musical and Gaga are not exactly the addition that please the comic boys but let's hope the liddos and girls will show up

• paws up 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:49 PM, JennyWayne said:

Not quick enough. Kill it with a nuclear bomb instead.

Would all be avoided if Billboard Pop had a 20 weeks/Top 10 recurrent rule rather than 20 weeks/Top 15 recurrent rule

so annoying

On 2/17/2023 at 4:30 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Gaga coming to prove everyone wrong for the 3rd time in a row :oscar:

"The first “Joker” made $1 billion dollars worldwide. The fact that this sequel is a musical starring Lady Gaga makes me think that maybe it won’t be as popular a film as the first one."

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/qedyba046evs9tl9dvfl29v4wqdc3y

omg this guy Jordan Ruimy or whatever was the BIGGEST OGH during the HoG era.

flashback GIF

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/18/2023 at 9:01 AM, FRANZGA said:

38. UMBRELLA

43. DIAMONDS

that's NICE :applause:

Only 20% boost for LIFT ME UP.. 

Melon Raisins WON.. but then again, LMU was ignored