Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,609

Elon Must was complaining about his tweets not reaching enough people and he had the engineers make an algorithm change to fix that. 

Some OGH engineer made it so Gaga's reach is being diverted towards the rat billionaire instead, I fear. 

spacer.png

Pop-a-911-ster 31,707
On 2/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, derpmonster said:

It's ok, pure art with complex imagery and metaphors is not for everyone. 

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Paparazzi MV is pure art with metaphors

MTN MV is … a mess 

spacer.png

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,609

Anyway, watch this masterpiece y'all 

Spoiler

I love Paparazzi, the MV, the VMA performance. But gorgeous will, you know, devour cute. 

A fantastical story about fame and killing your boyfriend vs. a real life tale of getting dropped from your label, sexual assault, trauma, abortion, and rising up and making your life again from nothing... 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 2/15/2023 at 9:13 AM, derpmonster said:

Anyway, watch this masterpiece y'all 

Reveal hidden contents

I love Paparazzi, the MV, the VMA performance. But gorgeous will, you know, devour cute. 

Her Magnum Opus MV along with BR 

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 2/15/2023 at 1:16 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Her Magnum Opus MV along with BR 

The way your taste has been impeccable lately :giveup: BR deserves the shoutout just because of how iconic and successful it is, but Marry The Night is the true queen at the throne. :giveup:she will never make anything like it, I fear. She tried with 911 (which was also good, don't get me wrong). But MTN is just immaculate with all the cinematography, music choices (Beethoven's Sonata No. 8, the distorted guitars before the song), the attitude, the choreo, everything :shine:

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,920
x3
On 2/15/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ayobabylon said:

The likes (outside gaga's page) are insane. something is wrong w her account.

You're wondering what's wrong with her account? 

Spoiler

Lady Gaga Makeup GIF by HAUS LABORATORIES

• thanks 1
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 2/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, derpmonster said:

The way your taste has been impeccable lately :giveup: BR deserves the shoutout just because of how iconic and successful it is, but Marry The Night is the true queen at the throne. :giveup:she will never make anything like it, I fear. She tried with 911 (which was also good, don't get me wrong). But MTN is just immaculate with all the cinematography, music choices (Beethoven's Sonata No. 8, the distorted guitars before the song), the attitude, the choreo, everything :shine:

As much as I loved 911 stylistically, in concept, it seems like a more digestible version of MTN. Bad Romance is flawless but Marry The Night, with it's flaws, has so much heart and sums up Gaga's thesis as an artist. To think she directed it herself :giveup:.

• love 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/15/2023 at 4:47 PM, Ayobabylon said:

The likes (outside gaga's page) are insane. something is wrong w her account.

Swifties already swarming the replies :icant:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 2/15/2023 at 9:30 AM, BloodyOreo said:

As much as I loved 911 stylistically, in concept, it seems like a more digestible version of MTN. Bad Romance is flawless but Marry The Night, with it's flaws, has so much heart and sums up Gaga's thesis as an artist. To think she directed it herself :giveup:.

MTN is richly produced and a good example of Gaga's artistry and representation of herself. i myself made similar comments back on GGD (you can imagine the meltdowns) about it NOT working as an actual MV and the fact i onyl ever watched it twice.

Stupid Love is like the opposite: It works very well as a MV but to me is not a good reflection of her and her capabilities (she didnt direct it for a start)

it's coming for 200k, it's defintiely not what you;d expect but it isn't out-liked by those other accounts :katy: A joaquin solo one will be where shade can be thrown that will probably make a lot more noise like the one in the barber @Ayobabylon

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 2/15/2023 at 9:35 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

MTN is richly produced and a good example of Gaga's artistry and representation of herself. i myself made similar comments back on GGD (you can imagine the meltdowns) about it NOT working as an actual MV and the fact i onyl ever watched it twice.

Stupid Love is like the opposite: It works very well as a MV but to me is not a good reflection of her and her capabilities (she didnt direct it for a start)

It's probably among my most-watched MVs of her but the length doesn't help its commercial viability for sure. Arts not the charts I guess. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 2/15/2023 at 9:40 AM, BloodyOreo said:

So many comments from the GP say they are looking forward to her "unHINGEd prEss tOur" for this film. That stupid narrative sticked.

She better give them nothing this time. :nicki_scream:

Well  Imagine this time all precursors and a smash film that isn't hidden til two weeks before release:giveup: HoG a distant memory :giveup: (although i saw the first Joker gave HoG tea on RT/MC)

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 2,982
On 2/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, Miaou said:

Why the title of JFAD in French tho ? 

Maybe "Joker : madness for two"

(Ils aiment bien renommer les titres ici, mais trêve de plaisanterie too)

Edit:  folie à deux :romance:

Edited by kékette
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,707
On 2/15/2023 at 11:17 AM, kékette said:

Maybe "Joker : madness for two"

(Ils aiment bien renommer les titres ici, mais trêve de plaisanterie too)

Maybe GODGA will sing in French :giveup:

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 2/15/2023 at 10:13 AM, Miaou said:

Why the title of JFAD in French tho ? 

Folie à deux is the official name of a disorder that involves two people. Basically, from what I understood, this disorder is when a person who has psychotic delusions and induces them in another person they have a (usually) close relationship with. The other person stops having those inadjusted beliefs if they are separated from the "dominant" member of the relationship. It's such an interesting disorder, looking forward to see how they explore it. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 4