Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 2/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, Thrasher said:

Also there were 4 albums among AOTY nominees that were clearly bigger than Renaissance and they tend to look at commercial performances

Just like last year, sure
Or how the user above me has no problem addressing Black people as N-word. 

0.thumb.jpg.8c1e3f2b583e31d117fe04947957

Edited by joesuda
Please refrain from using the N-word

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 2/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, yomama said:

Or how the user above me has no problem addressing Black people as "negroes"

oh gosh... You don't even type it right and I'm not even American BYE

On 2/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, yomama said:

Or how the user above me has no problem addressing Black people as "negroes"

Well I’m PERSONALLY talking about technicalities and how her team could have planned the era. 

Not every single post talking about her AOTY loss can be accused of racist implications :dead:

• thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:01 PM, Thrasher said:

Well I’m PERSONALLY talking about technicalities and how her team could have planned the era. 

Not every single post talking about her AOTY loss can be accused of racist implications :dead:

There's no point, I ain't winning this fight but you're right, white and old Academy members love their nominees folkish and  americanish

You still don't say NEGRO even if hehe I'm from Honduras hehehe I didn't know

On 2/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, yomama said:

There's no point, I ain't winning this fight but you're right, white and old Academy members love their nominees folkish and  americanish

You still don't say NEGRO even if hehe I'm from Honduras hehehe I didn't know

Idk why you keep bringing that word up replying to me like I agree with you but report it to mods instead of mentioning it while talking about dance albums 

Were Chromatica and the mental health theme and deep lyrics nominated for AOTY by the way? It’s just not that deep sometimes

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 2/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, Thrasher said:

For Bey let’s just say her team planned things meticulously for this era (and props for that), they knew she had no chances in GF/Pop so they helped her way to Dance categories wins (they probably weren’t sure about R&B as well). 

This woman's team dont f*ck around, they cant control side projects to the degree a studio era... However, the fact the Bey came back to traditional releases after a decade of hiding with such an unapologetically gay album only underpins that we as fomos have finally entered a good age

hopefully Gaga benefits from this with a future release too - her last era literally marked the start of what we see now imo and im so glad she got credit for this.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178

imo it's time Beyonce moves on... 

it's like she's begging for AOTY looking desperate and cmon she's and icon and a legend and does not even need it :lesson:

A Popster Is Born 10,117
On 2/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, yomama said:

Implying Beyonce can get the AOTY only at Black-based institutions is racist, just like saying b b b b b-but she's THE MOST AWARDED when 31 out of her 32 wins come from "black" or "urban" categories

stay in your lane much?

b689ba99e5446dd11a0b1edae70c98d5c07069fd.gifv

It's actually 25 out of 32

How is it racist when she not only is the most awarded artist in Grammys history, but she has more grammys not in her field than most female artists have at all (including one SOTY)?

She's a legend, we all know that, including the Grammys, saying they're racist is not a flex at all

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, Lazz Monster said:

It's actually 25 out of 32

How is it racist when she not only is the most awarded artist in Grammys history, but she has more grammys not in her field than most female artists have at all (including one SOTY)?

She's a legend, we all know that, including the Grammys, saying they're racist is not a flex at all

it’s the excuse the Hives always run to

• thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 2:20 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This woman's team dont f*ck around, they cant control side projects to the degree a studio era... However, the fact the Bey came back to traditional releases after a decade of hiding with such an unapologetically gay album only underpins that we as fomos have finally entered a good age

hopefully Gaga benefits from this with a future release too - her last era literally marked the start of what we see now imo and im so glad she got credit for this.

That was exactly my point, thank you :kiss: 

They curated her comeback good from the start and they managed to defeat the “no solo hit in over a decade” accusations. I still remember the constant change of songs on TTH based on what was more popular at the moment. 

They knew dance was about to have a favorable trend to comeback with a traditional release but maybe not enough for Grammys GF categories hence why the Dance categories “fraudery” since those were the categories where Renaissance could shine the most. This doesn’t mean Bey or her music are inferior to Harry, Adele etc. or racism implications chile. 

A Popster Is Born 13,405

They will attack every artist out there but are happy to be Taylor Swift’s bootlickers as if she’s not the literal embodiment of white mediocrity. I don’t know a worse fanbase.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/6/2023 at 2:31 PM, Thrasher said:

That was exactly my point, thank you :kiss: 

They curated her comeback good from the start and they managed to defeat the “no solo hit in over a decade” accusations. I still remember the constant change of songs on TTH based on what was more popular at the moment. 

They knew dance was about to have a favorable trend to comeback with a traditional release but maybe not enough for Grammys GF categories hence why the Dance categories “fraudery” since those were the categories where Renaissance could shine the most. This doesn’t mean Bey or her music are inferior to Harry, Adele etc. or racism implications chile. 

Pretty much 

A Popster Is Born 17,948
On 2/6/2023 at 9:40 AM, CountThatShitRight said:

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that DR LUKE, a rapist, wrote Break My Soul but she hid him from the album credits so she wouldn't get cancelled and would have bigger chances of taking AOTY home.

FoQo3kfWAAIqg41?format=jpg&name=small

Feminist?

Wait whaaaaat??? Lol:icant: is this fake? 

Edited by OliverDespechao