Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, CountThatShitRight said:

Yes... At the Soul Train Awards :ohyes:

Harry-Styles-2023-grammys-aoty-acceptanc

this r@cist reply.....bye!

On 2/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, BenG said:

maybe i missed something but how is that racist?

Implying Beyonce can get the AOTY only at Black-based institutions is racist, just like saying b b b b b-but she's THE MOST AWARDED when 31 out of her 32 wins come from "black" or "urban" categories

stay in your lane much?

b689ba99e5446dd11a0b1edae70c98d5c07069fd.gifv

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 2/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, Adarsh said:

You have a good accent though :jailga:

aw thank you sweetie.

Well im always amazed by how i could join stan culture in 2020, and us all talk english together. As a global community of monsters of course ( :billie: ) for 90% of people English isn't first language, so its impressive.

For example i love French but it'd take a lot for me to get it right - mastering a second or even third language like that is awesome.

Spoiler

But what i said about Harry:
In the UK we have this routed thing about 'class' i mean its really not important any more but people say things like 'they talk posh' or they call each other 'chavs' idk if that ecists in other countries :laughga: (it used to be a major thing like the film titanic :dead:)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178

Good for Harry Styles his album was one of the most I listened to in 2022

Beyoncé deserves an AOTY but cmon RenaisSAMPLES does not deserve... it's a meh album: 4, Beyonce (2013) and LEMONADE are so much better imo

• love 3

I knew Harry was going to win since this summer when everyone was still convinced about another Adele sweep :applause:

Adele took Pop Solo and that’s it, fair enough. Curious for her next moves musically now. I was very surprised about ROTY and SOTY too, didn’t expect Lizzo to win.

For Bey let’s just say her team planned things meticulously for this era (and props for that), they knew she had no chances in GF/Pop so they helped her way to Dance categories wins (they probably weren’t sure about R&B as well). 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,405
On 2/6/2023 at 6:10 PM, CountThatShitRight said:

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that DR LUKE, a rapist, wrote Break My Soul but she hid him from the album credits so she wouldn't get cancelled and would have bigger chances of taking AOTY home.

FoQo3kfWAAIqg41?format=jpg&name=small

Feminist?

Wait what? 

• shook 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 2/6/2023 at 9:40 AM, Thrasher said:

I knew Harry was going to win since this summer when everyone was still convinced about another Adele sweep :applause:

Adele took Pop Solo and that’s it, fair enough. Curious for her next moves musically now. I was very surprised about ROTY and SOTY too, didn’t expect Lizzo to win.

For Bey let’s just say her team planned things meticulously for this era (and props for that), they knew she had no chances in GF/Pop so they helped her way to Dance categories wins (they probably weren’t sure about R&B as well). 

They forced Silk Sonic to not submit AOTY and they could not even win without his biggest competitor being out of consideration:icant:

Edited by emig_09

On 2/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, yomama said:

Why though? Cause she and her music ain't as good as harry styles'?

Because both fields were pretty competitive and the album is full of credits, samples and the genre is not particularly GF categories baiting. Future Nostalgia won BPVA over folklore but she couldn’t make it to AOTY, for example. 

Also there were 4 albums among AOTY nominees that were clearly bigger than Renaissance and they tend to look at commercial performances (just like Gaga lost both categories to Encanto).

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 2/6/2023 at 9:44 AM, CountThatShitRight said:

Dr Luke = Lukasz Gottwald.

She's nasty.

oh Beyonce... she does not need to include him on BMS...

well I dragged Break My Salsa many times and I won't guilt anymore :icant: