Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 31,892

Chromatica’s longevity is tragic :dead:

at least Gaga will have 3 songs above 1B streams (ROM, Shallow, ARUTW) from the streaming era, something that Katy, Beyoncé or Taylor can’t achieve :dead:

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,650

Loved the time Gaga gave us unreleased outtakes performances during her tours like Vanity, Glitter and Grease, Princess Die, Partynauseous.

She should made Frankensteined at JWT and a SOPHIE track at CBT. The hype for hearing those was big.

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,582
On 5/4/2023 at 3:16 PM, OliverDespechao said:

I hope he doesn’t,cause

He already announced once, he's retiring and quitting music only for him to come back with an album full of collabs a few months later claiming he never said he's quitting :mess:

Don't trust in that man words :laughga:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3
  • lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390
On 5/4/2023 at 2:45 PM, xo_hours said:

pfff this is such a random list

yeah, they only gave the award to local acts and fads so

looks like you have to buy it therefore gaga will never get itxo_hours

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390
On 5/4/2023 at 3:16 PM, OliverDespechao said:

I hope he doesn’t,cause

so that your fave randomly uses the same as progression as a flop song from a million years ago and they have to go to court even tho they have never heard it?

• shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, monketsharona said:

Loved the time Gaga gave us unreleased outtakes performances during her tours like Vanity, Glitter and Grease, Princess Die, Partynauseous.

She should made Frankensteined at JWT and a SOPHIE track at CBT. The hype for hearing those was big.

If only She released them 😭😭

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 266
On 5/4/2023 at 9:31 AM, Andreu said:

so that your fave randomly uses the same as progression as a flop song from a million years ago and they have to go to court even tho they have never heard it?

I know you ain't calling Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on" an unknown flop song because it's a classic. That's not a winning argument. 

In 2004, Let's Get It On was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame and cited by The Recording Academy as a recording of "historical significance".

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390
On 5/4/2023 at 3:49 PM, JevyDuty said:

I know you ain't calling Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on" an unknown flop song because it's a classic. That's not a winning argument. 

In 2004, Let's Get It On was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame and cited by The Recording Academy as a recording of "historical significance".

this song in particular is a classic of course, but if the case sentences Ed as guilty it would set a precedent for anyone to claim ownership of a chord progression 

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

The Fame Popster 266
On 5/4/2023 at 9:57 AM, Andreu said:

this song in particular is a classic, but if the case sentences Ed as guilty it would set a precedent for anyone to claim ownership of a chord progression 

I agree with you. That's ridiculous. They need to settle this issue once and for all because we have been hearing about these types of lawsuits for a long time now.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390

this being said, the fact we have to root for common sense this time, doesn't mean Ed sheeran is notsomeone who has already (at the very leastleast) one certified case of plagiarism

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,223
On 5/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, Andreu said:

Frank Ocean fan told to “destroy all footage” of divisive Coachella headline set

The filmmaker has been hit with a cease and desist from promoter AEG over a multi-cam edit of the set

https://www.nme.com/news/music/frank-ocean-fan-told-to-destroy-all-footage-of-divisive-coachella-headline-set-3437379

We :dead:

What drugs do to people is getting worse and worse...

and many times on social media we still have to see comments about what good and positive drugs are :katy:

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 5/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, emig_09 said:

What drugs do to people is getting worse and worse...

and many times on social media we still have to see comments about what good and positive drugs are :katy:

wait what drugs? 

Popster to Popster 3,084
On 5/4/2023 at 2:23 PM, Miaou said:

Chromatica’s longevity is tragic :dead:

Yes. There would be a ballad in the album, it would be a little better i think.

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 5/4/2023 at 2:25 PM, PanPikus said:

He already announced once, he's retiring and quitting music only for him to come back with an album full of collabs a few months later claiming he never said he's quitting :mess:

Don't trust in that man words :laughga:

me when i try to get people to care me as an artist :billie:

Katy releasing in gaga;s week or pretending her music is a collab with taylor teas :billiecat:

These GP'd artists what are they like

And here in England 'eyes closed' is still get SPAMMED to death... i think they think this one will stick like the others with consistent payola.. and im actually thinking it's going to end up doing that :katy:

Popster This Way 722

Today I am very nostalgic and I am remembering Chromatica days.

it’s true Chromatica wasn’t what we expected (I mean the era, the promotion etc) and has a couple of waste hits like Sour Candy and its music video, Coachella etc …

But I am remembering also all the hype we had, I think I have never had a hype as big as those weeks, and today I am enjoying all my memories.

Chromatica is truly a fantastic album and I think my favorite with Born This Way. 

I mean, listen Rain On Me, Sour Candy, Free Woman, 911, Replay, Enigma, Babylon etc for the first time all in the same week, that was EPIC.

Today I can’t wait for new Gaga Music and for #LG7. I think Gaga is working right now on her new album and we don’t know it. I want another dance album like Chromatica.

Listen a Gaga album for the first time is truly an experience. I think #LG7 is coming sooner than we expect.

• paws up 5
  • hugs 2
  • thanks 1
  • love 2