Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

I miss the time when people had to buy a song on iTunes and no one could force them to do so. Artist had to be creative and needed to create live performances to promote their music.

Nowadays you only need a sample and money to push your song on playlists (aka. I´m Good (Blue) with 300m playlist reach after 8 months).

• thanks 5

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 4/17/2023 at 11:32 AM, BloodyMary said:

The way Margan’s song is literally #1 song in the country yet its almost out of TTH. 

The more they treat him unfairly the more he will keep winning. 

Spotify is such a fraud. 

I think he's semi-banned by some streaming platforms?

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 4/17/2023 at 11:30 AM, Gagacharts said:

I miss the time when people had to buy a song on iTunes and no one could force them to do so. Artist had to be creative and needed to create live performances to promote their music.

Nowadays you only need a sample and money to push your song on playlists (aka. I´m Good (Blue) with 300m playlist reach after 8 months).

IMO Joanne will be her last era that monsters recognise in that way sadly... but that's why the OST path is perfect for her because it's adapting to those changes and trying to hold on to that promo vehicle that depends on media exposure

Moderator 17,129
On 4/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, BenG said:

I think he's semi-banned by some streaming platforms?

No. He was barred from country radio for some time but after his apology tour the industry decided he was fine again and the ban was lifted. The one and only time the country establishment did something to counter racism and they didn't even uphold the ban for long.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,896
On 4/17/2023 at 1:54 PM, Fame Romance said:

French Singles Chart:

#168(+22) Shallow [172 weeks]

No words :mess:

We will never let go of this song :mess:

I swear if it surpasses 200+ weeks I- :mess: 

not 1M sales in the country and still charting :mess:

Moderator 17,129
On 4/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, Doncho said:

Those POP updates... BM will be out of the Hot 100 in no time :katy:

Yeah. I don't see BM crossing 20 weeks after these updates over the last several days.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,022
x3
On 4/17/2023 at 2:59 PM, little legend said:

Those POP updates... BM will be out of the Hot 100 in no time :katy:

Yeah. I don't see BM crossing 20 weeks after these updates over the last several days.

Popster to Popster 4,676
On 4/17/2023 at 12:30 PM, Gagacharts said:

That is also the reason of why majority of streaming hits of the last years become forgotten and same for certain artists that came out during the streaming era.

Remember when Zara Larrson had at a certain point the most streamed album on Spotify for a female artist with tones of users on ATRL having her as avi? :toofunny: Now she's totally forgotten.

It's not casual that MR and ARUTW are outstreaming all the #1 songs of their respective years.

Popster to Popster 3,092
On 4/17/2023 at 1:54 PM, Fame Romance said:

French Singles Chart:

#168(+22) Shallow [172 weeks]

No words :mess:

We will never let go of this song :mess:

2021: 9 weeks

2023: 9 weeks (still charting)

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

• yaas, gaga 2