Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 4/14/2023 at 8:57 AM, corvus albus said:

It was certified 9x Platinum in 2015. We can expect the song to have gained 1M sales in the last 8 years.

yeah i got confused between the pure and SPS... i think it did 5.5m pure and was a 10 week #1. I just feel like britney stans are underrating Gaga's sales. Paparazzi sold more pure than a lot of #1s in the USA for example

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 316
On 4/14/2023 at 3:57 AM, corvus albus said:

It was certified 9x Platinum in 2015. We can expect the song to have gained 1M sales in the last 8 years.

It was certified 9x platinum with WW views like Baby. ChartData had it at 9.7m units a month ago

On 4/14/2023 at 3:55 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Here is the sales difference

Umbrella Vs. Poker Face
4.7m vs 7.7m in the USA 
200k vs 2.5m in South Korea 
100k vs 750k in Japan
890k vs 1.2m in the UK 
600k vs 1.2m in Germany 
90k vs 300k in France
50k vs 100k+ in Italy 
350k vs 600k+ in Australia (first song to reach 6x platinum since Elton’s song)

:dead:

RIhanna had this hitmaker reputation but that was quantity and her insane radio push. iirc We Found Love is inside the top 5 most played songs on American radio. i dont feel like her digital sales refelct her radio play

Lol double the sales everywhere but the knees will hide behind the S&m collaborator  

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 4/14/2023 at 9:41 AM, corvus albus said:

Good thing that Sophie Ellis Bextor's career is older than Amy's. Otherwise, it would be untrue :ohhh:

Reveal hidden contents

Sophie is definitely between the best ones, I literally lived her debut when she was smashing with 'Murder on the Dancefloor' and earlier with her iconic Dj Spiller collab, she has some amazing singles at the beginning of her career, but she has always been more a single and Dj vocalist artist.

I still consider Jessie Ware to be superior musically and vocally, especially when it comes to her albums as whole projects that are also critically acclaimed, she has some incredible gems between her album tracks.

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 4/14/2023 at 9:34 AM, Zak said:

Lol double the sales everywhere but the knees will hide behind the S&m collaborator  

in their mind Gaga debuted and erased their fave. 2008 with TF and Blackout would've been like chroma and FN, except Gaga is untouchable.  Imagine if rihanna won the oscar... they'd have been unbearable :gaycat:

Fun Tonight

Deezer:
#47 Romania (NE)

WHAT :giveup:

• lol 1

On 4/14/2023 at 1:44 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Where's the evidence that Britney stans are hiding behind Rihanna? Most of the hate toward Gaga comes from actual Rihanna stans on ATRL.  

Ahwn, plz there was no feud between Rihanna/Gaga fans until Katy started flopping. They used to hide behind Katy and then infiltrated Navy base once Katy tanked. Of course constant back and forth agitated real Rihanna fans as well in the process.  

During ASIB Britney stans on ATRL shamelessly hid behind different things from Venom, Glenn Close, and 21 pilots. 

There is a reason who don't accuse Madonna stans or Hive of doing so, they hate Gaga as well but they don't hide behind others like Britney stans.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:59 PM, zoldyck said:

Ahwn, plz there was no feud between Rihanna/Gaga fans until Katy started flopping. They used to hide behind Katy and then infiltrated Navy base once Katy tanked. Of course constant back and forth agitated real Rihanna fans as well in the process.  

During ASIB Britney stans on ATRL shamelessly hid behind different things from Venom, Glenn Close, and 21 pilots. 

There is a reason who don't accuse Madonna stans or Hive of doing so, they hate Gaga as well but they don't hide behind others like Britney stans.

Are you sure that you were on ATRL before 2017?

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 4/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Where's the evidence that Britney stans are hiding behind Rihanna? Most of the hate toward Gaga comes from actual Rihanna stans on ATRL.  

it's very common apparently for the generation before us to 'hide' who they stan. Madonna and britney stan have nothing to use on forums to join in. What makes it worse is Xtinct stans also jump on Gaga's receipts to fuel and make the knees suffer - ive seen it with my own eyes

monster bite off more than they can chew tbh but we always stand by Gaga thick and thin. I expect the Barbie movie coming out to be used against HoG, especially as it's Margot in it too.

I mean, it's pretty lame how all these stans switched on Britney after she started flopping in 2013. She was the ultimate pop star of the 00s, and everyone stanned her at some point. Now, they pretend like this never was the case. Even Gaga said that she was a Britney stan in the early 00s. Stans who completely reject their stanning history are pathetic. I don't actively stan Britney now since she's obviously retired but I was a big stan in the 00s, and there's nothing to be ashamed of.      

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 756
On 4/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, Leptine said:

Not even kidding here, but Jessie Ware is truly the best and most brilliant Biritish singer since Amy Winehouse.

vV3S7zq.gif

Hey, could you tell me which albums/Singles are a must listen? 

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 4/14/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jeroin2000 said:

Hey, could you tell me which albums/Singles are a must listen? 

Start absolutely with her debut album: 'Devotion' (Gold Edition) [85 on Metacritic and nominated at the Mercury Prize] that has bonuses and re-released singles like this one that it's one of the best tracks:

These are other two main singles from the album that are between her best songs:

Then proceed with her second 'Tough Love', be sure to check the deluxe detion also in this case, the bonuses are the best tracks.

The album contains her most famous track that was featured on '50 shades of Grey', 'Say you Love Me'.

The album contains other gems that were released as promotional singles:

This one, it's one of the best from this album:

Her production has always a very lush vibe.

Her third album 'Glasshouse' can be considered her weakest imo, it's still a very good but it misses some edge, very mature and cohesive, I would checking it only if you're really into her music.

Her last one 'What's your pleasure?' has no skip, a dance masterpiece. 

Edited by Leptine
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 4/14/2023 at 3:33 AM, BloodyOreo said:

So from what I gather her position entails basically advising on how funding should be spent in the funding of arts. It's strange that they would hire millionaire celebrities which are so insulated from the troubles of the common artist for this. Like I'm sure Gaga will do her best with good intentions but I find this whole thing to be pretty strange. 

It’s more than just funding. They will basically be in charge of all the artistic/cultural elements of the presidency. For example, cultural events at the White House, support for art galleries, museums etc.

• paws up 3