Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

TW

Spoiler

I don't see the chromatica ball film release making much noise tbh. It will give us fans some content and that's more than enough of course, but I fear it'll kind of be like DoC, and its hype will last a week among the fanbase. But it's not Gaga's fault I feel like this kind of releases never make a lot of noise? Maybe its that they are focused on streaming services mostly aimed at North American audidences or simply that the people from my surroundings doesn't use them but I've never seen people who don't stan said artists move for these concert releases, sadly.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,209
On 4/11/2023 at 8:53 AM, boobatella said:

sad to see people call Gaga lazy considering how much she’s constantly doing in different fields. She was so excited and passionate about Chromatica, engaged with fans, shared memes etc and they clearly had a lot planned before it all turned to sh!t. Hopefully she will be as passionate about LG7 and deliver a strong album along with performances and a well thought out PR plan. 

I thought we all learned our lessons about calling Gaga lazy when in 2018 she was working on ASIB, L4S, 2 vegas shows, and Chromatica and we didnt know. I swear, little monstrosities have the memory of goldfish and constant sand in their cooch. Gaga was on her porch contemplating suicide and people were online demanding serves. Like, just unstan already. You don't get her at all. She's not the fav for you. :eyega:

• paws up 7
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 4/11/2023 at 3:17 PM, Andreu said:

TW

Reveal hidden contents

I don't see the chromatica ball film release making much noise tbh. It will give us fans some content and that's more than enough of course, but I fear it'll kind of be like DoC, and its hype will last a week among the fanbase. But it's not Gaga's fault I feel like this kind of releases never make a lot of noise? Maybe its that they are focused on streaming services mostly aimed at North American audidences or simply that the people from my surroundings doesn't use them but I've never seen people who don't stan said artists move for these concert releases, sadly.

I kind of agree. Like it'll be a cute 5% WoW increase for her discography across the board, everything else is a bonus/will depend on how good it is and it if manages to cross over into social media (like tiktok) in the form of shortclips but I don't see many "viral-worthy" moments in TCB. I think it could be really good for her legacy as a performer though - which I guess ultimately is what they're aiming for. Like a performer of the caliber of Gaga should have already gotten a few touring specials on streaming platforms. Let's hope it comes out. 

Edited by BloodyOreo

Pop-a-911-ster 26,621
On 4/11/2023 at 11:17 AM, Andreu said:

TW

Reveal hidden contents

On 4/11/2023 at 11:28 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I kind of agree. Like it'll be a cute 5% WoW increase for her discography across the board, everything else is a bonus/will depend on how good it is and it if manages to cross over into social media (like tiktok) in the form of shortclips but I don't see many "viral-worthy" moments in TCB. I think it could be really good for her legacy as a performer though.

Having missed Gaga on both Toronto and LA, I want to watch a high quality version of her tour that is easily accessible. But the whole era is just so unfortunate that everything is always up in the air and always dependent on something else that it's so much easier to pretend it will never happen.

That said it would definitely be more for fans.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,209
On 4/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I kind of agree. Like it'll be a cute 5% WoW increase for her discography across the board, everything else is a bonus/will depend on how good it is and it if manages to cross over into social media (like tiktok) in the form of shortclips but I don't see many "viral-worthy" moments in TCB. I think it could be really good for her legacy as a performer though.

Depends on what they do with it. Since it's been 8 months, they could have done some special stuff with the interludes and presentation of it all. And HBO? That gives me hope about the production as a whole. Also, there are technically millions of fans all over the world that didn't get a chance to see the show. And the recent Joker hype? Perfect timing. It could go either way. Chroma Ball served way harder than I expected it to, personally. I'm hopeful. 

Edited by Imtired1616
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 4/11/2023 at 3:36 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Depends on what they do with it. Since it's been 8 months, they could have done some special stuff with the interludes and presentation of it all. And HBO? That gives me hope about the production as a whole. Also, there are technically millions of fans all over the world that didn't get a chance to see the show. And the recent Joker hype? Perfect timing. It could go either way. Chroma Ball served way harder than I expected it to, personally. I'm hopeful. 

I also recall that TCB happened right before Gaga surging on tiktok, which ultimately lead to a big catalogue boost in the long-run. Maybe something similar will happen? Who knows. I'd be very happy to get it even if it doesn't impact her streaming numbers, obviously. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,209
On 4/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I also recall that TCB happened right before Gaga surging on tiktok, which ultimately lead to a big catalogue boost in the long-run. Maybe something similar will happen? Who knows. I'd be very happy to get it even if it doesn't impact her streaming numbers, obviously. 

Oh. So if we're talking about it boosting Chroma the album, that feels like fan hopium. I think its more likely to boost TF/TFM and the ASIB ballads. Per usual.  :icant:

• paws up 1