Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 7:34 AM, BloodyMary said:

Isnt it at 1.5M US units? A brand new single with x2 platinum alone adds 200k sps to album. Other ACT 2 songs could move the album units 2M overall. 

Nothing is impossible if you really want and go for it. 

But we know she wont do a thing tho. Lol

I don't see her making a reissue song into a single unless it becomes viral a la Bloody Mary. An ARTPOP reissue would be quite literally a gift for the fans

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426

HMH took over Judas in Gaga's top 10 roughly 2 weeks after Oscars. Today, that same time frame will have passed and Judas has been consistently outstreaming HMH since then (and in some days, HMH wasn't even 8th highest streamed daily, but 9th).

dean winchester waiting GIF

On 4/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I don't see her making a reissue song into a single unless it becomes viral a la Bloody Mary. An ARTPOP reissue would be quite literally a gift for the fans

I dont see it as well, just a wishful thinking :icant: 

b*ch barely release 2 singles for a brand new album. 

Her releasing new single with a music video for artpop act 2 is close to impossible considering the amount of energy she put on her latest brand albums :icant:

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 4/11/2023 at 11:59 AM, BloodyMary said:

We stan GaGa so ofc we gonna trash other artists who still care about their music career and their eras right? 

The b*ch couldnt find a day or two in herself to shoot Replay or Bloody Mary music videos. Which wouldnt really kill her to do it. 

She’ll beg for sales and streams for LG7 tho or it will end up like Love For Sale at this rate with half assed eras , let ups , set ups and disappointments since 2011. 

Since when she was supposed to film a video for 'Replay'? It's not that it was declared as single or went viral on TikTok, this is so random.

As for 'Bloody Mary' video, we perfectly knew she was preparing and filming a movie which is way more important, filming an entire multi million dollar movie is not an easy ride, you know that right?

This is truly giving me flashback of when certain monsters trashed her back in the day for not filming TC music video instead of doing ASIB.

A BM video would have been cute of course but do you really think it would have made big difference in streaming era?

The song and the trend started already to decline after Xmas, there was honestly no point to invest in a music video when the trend was over.

Gaga is up to bigger things nowadays, not chasing a hit at every cost.

• paws up 7

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 7:47 AM, Leptine said:

This is true. She has the chops and talent to reach into entertainment fields that others could only wish. However, I do think it's unnecessary to bash the hustle of artists who are trying to reach bigger things in music if it's the last thing they do. I know liddos would be so happy if our fave released a new album every year. I know you can't get into Taylor but she really is great in making the most of her momentum and that's why she keeps getting bigger every year in music to the point of being able to challenge Adele's commercial performance, and, possibly dethroning Madonna's all-time highest tour gross (which let's be real,most of us want the tour gross success for Gaga too).

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426

Not to mention she is also now outstreaming both streaming giants Ariana and Rihanna for quite some time now. Girl is hitting every metric in music and that's impressive even from just a commercial standpoint. She puts in the work, she earns her rewards for it, just like Gaga puts in the effort for her acting so she gets rewards for it.

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 4/11/2023 at 12:01 PM, chartgaga said:

You just seem bitter. A reminder Gaga shot videos while on tour back then…

I stated an opinion without being offensive, like I did other times when it comes to Taylor Swift and I will continue to, if you don't agree, it's not my problems since it's not the first time you quoted me for what I say about her.

There's a reason if I am in Lady Gaga forum as Lady Gaga stan and not in a Taylor Swift one.

• thanks 2

Moderator 17,056
On 4/11/2023 at 11:58 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Now compare their year-end peaks. 

Just looking at Germany, Ava Max has more solo top 10 YEC entries as Dua Lipa and same for Riri actually :icant:

Rihanna - Diamonds #7

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho #5

Dua Lipa 0

• lol 1

On 4/11/2023 at 1:47 PM, Leptine said:

Since when she was supposed to film a video for 'Replay'? It's not that it was declared as single or went viral on TikTok, this is so random.

As for 'Bloody Mary' video, we perfectly knew she was preparing and filming a movie which is way more important, filming an entire multi million dollar movie is not an easy ride, you know that right?

This is truly giving me flashback of when certain monsters trashed her back in the day for not filming TC music video instead of doing ASIB.

A BM video would have been cute of course but do you really think it would have made big difference in streaming era?

The song and the trend started already to decline after Xmas, there was honestly no point to invest in a music video when the trend was over.

She’s not filming Joker right now but we will still wont get anything from her. 

Let that sink in and dont make up excuses for her lazy a**. 

Popster for Sale 44,320
On 4/11/2023 at 11:58 AM, BloodyMary said:

She’s not filming Joker right now but we will still wont get anything from her. 

Let that sink in and dont make up excuses for her lazy a**. 

This is usually how this valid discussion goes south. We can be unsatisfied with her music related artistic output (or lack thereof) without resorting to insults. Calling her "lazy" is very uncalled for and untrue. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 12

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 4/11/2023 at 11:48 AM, chartgaga said:

but yeah she doesn’t owe us sh!t but still it’s ok to say she/her team messed up sometimes

yes - but stans over-egg the pudding a bit. For example they blame promo for everything, miley stans her new album is having 0 promo and thats why its tanking :icant: as online fomo it can be hard to be objective

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296

Don’t Start Now - 2.2B streams 

New Rules - 1.84B streams 

One Kiss - 1.79B streams

Levitating remix - 1.7B streams

Cold Heart - 1.46B streams

the fact that in 2024 she will have 5 songs above 2B streams :dead:

oh GODua the pop phenomenon that you are :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,056
On 4/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Now look at other countries. 

No solo top 10 YEC for Dua in France and #10 for Diamonds and #9 For Man Down for Riri :ohhh:

So Dua neither wins in France nor Germany, 2/3 of the biggest music markets in Europe.

Only in the UK do both Dua and Riri have one solo top 10 YEC entry with DSN at #6 and Only Girl at #4. Not even there Dua wins :icant:

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 4/11/2023 at 12:51 PM, Dean Judaster said:

This is true. She has the chops and talent to reach into entertainment fields that others could only wish. However, I do think it's unnecessary to bash the hustle of artists who are trying to reach bigger things in music if it's the last thing they do. I know liddos would be so happy if our fave released a new album every year. I know you can't get into Taylor but she really is great in making the most of her momentum and that's why she keeps getting bigger every year in music to the point of being able to challenge Adele's commercial performance, and, possibly dethroning Madonna's all-time highest tour gross (which let's be real,most of us want the tour gross success for Gaga too).

I didn't bash the hustle of artists who are trying to reach bigger things in music, this argument has actually nothing to do with what I said.

I repeat, I said that Taylor Swift filming a music video in the middle of her tour is not this big flex that some people think it is  as if she was doing this "exhausting" tour de force in performing with demanding singing and choreo like other people do with consequent need of more rest in the following days, when her tours are less demanding than others, of course she can find the time to film a music video.

It's not about get into Taylor Swift, it's not like she's a Bjork or Fiona Apple kind of artist that you need more listens or time to get into her, I find what she does mediocre, in everything, no matter how many albums she releases every year her or how much she gross, those are all stats or numbers that don't affect me or make me respect her more, because I value other things in an artist.

I've always respected Gaga's times and breaks for what she does, because contrary to others I'm aware there's a human person behind that and not a robot, you will never see a post of mine calling her lazy or stuff like that just because she's not releasing an album a year or tones of music videos.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,730
On 4/11/2023 at 9:55 AM, BloodyMary said:

No. There is no end to this fraudelent chart tactic. Billboard already did take action in the past couple of years and changed the rules many times because of them. Enough is enough. Simply there isnt any interest in their music in any metric except for mass buying from the suspicious funds. 

Its highly against the “biggest songs in the country” statement. 

then don't take into account sales in you biggest songs in the country statement, but the people that are "mass buying from suspicious funds [sic]" are literally buying the song, like it or not.

On 4/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, BloodyMary said:

When Permission the Dance blocked Lil Nas X’s Industry Baby from #1 debut. 

and When Industry Baby became most streamed song in the US in 2022. 

That is enough proof for me. In fact BTS should be banned forever from Billboard charts for ruining WAP’s and Good 4 U’s chart runs. 

this is plain delusion, purchases were made, fraudulent or not. they're, by far, the most sold singles of that week and, thus, the #1 song of that week according to, between other parameters, sales. you're just pressed.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, Leptine said:

I didn't bash the hustle of artists who are trying to reach bigger things in music, this argument has actually nothing to do with what I said.

That's fair that you didn't say it, but I have noticed a pattern of you criticizing Taylor extensively and always repeating how she's bland, mediocre, or basic and not for you, etc. And we're pretty much the same members in here so repeating it a lot kind of gives a different vibe from what you intend to say.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, Leptine said:

I've always respected Gaga's times and breaks for what she does, because contrary to others I'm aware there's a human person behind that and not a robot, you will never see a post of mine calling her lazy or stuff like that just because she's not releasing an album a year or tones of music videos.

And as the last 2 pages would show, there are also different shades in which different fans critique Gaga's process without having to resort to calling her lazy.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 4/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

This is usually how this valid discussion goes south. We can be unsatisfied with her music related artistic output (or lack thereof) without resorting to insults. Calling her "lazy" is very uncalled for and untrue. 

It's not the first time that user post those kind of problematic posts, especially when it comes to Gaga, there's a reason if he had being permantly banned from ATRL.

• paws up 2