Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,320
On 4/11/2023 at 11:03 AM, BloodyMary said:

I cant wait until LG7 opens with barely 97k - 108k range with a flop lead single. 

:icant:

We wanted to see music videos and new singles but she gave us more haus labs and more ads 

its what she deserve

Gaga's fanbase, once huge, is kind of on life support nowadays because of the lack of care from her/her camp. I don't think LG7 will necessarily do that badly but I think they should get their sh-t together or she'll become a GP-driven/legacy artist soon. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 4

On 4/11/2023 at 1:04 PM, chartgaga said:

I mean I don’t judge anymore but the constant hating on Taylor for… feeding her fans and caring about her music career is laughable

I know right. I’m sure this base would stream ‘Replay’ or ‘Babylon’ or ‘Bloody Mary’ x2 more if she actually took a day or two to shoot music videos. 

Replay and Babylon would be over 100m streams on Spotify right now and that would be much better look on her spotify page. 

She just doesnt care and fans simply set a red flag to Love for Sale. She had to debut with embarrassing first week numbers. Her team was expecting #1 :icant:

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,320

Actually if Gaga is on the studio for LG7, she should also find some time to record some ARTPOP side-b's for a re-release this year (that is actually interesting and not half-hassed like BTW), she should really do something to make her core fanbase happy and with Taylor we've seen how these sort of things have potential to re-ignite fanbases/do well. 

Reality: jazz cover christmas album :icant:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 4/11/2023 at 12:10 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Actually if Gaga is on the studio for LG7, she should also find some time to record some ARTPOP side-b's for a re-release this year (that is actually interesting and not half-hassed like BTW), she should really do something to make her core fanbase happy and with Taylor we've seen how these sort of things have potential to re-ignite fanbases/do well. 

Exactly. Like there’s nothing wrong with feeding your base with nostalgia a bit

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,320
On 4/11/2023 at 11:13 AM, chartgaga said:

There has been a big disconnect between Gaga and her material for the past few years. She herself said she "hates Lady Gaga", and it shows with how she runs from her catalogue etc. everytime she's given the chance, even making arguably the most monumental album of her career's tenth year anniversary all about other artists. Her more recent interviews give me a little bit of hope, but let's see. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, BloodyMary said:

She had to debut with embarrassing first week numbers. Her team was expecting #1 :icant:

The fact that they released different versions to boost sales and it still didn't make it. Yet they couldn't care to ship the vinyls/merch properly to secure Chromatica's week #2 which lost 1st spot by like 1k sales. :mess:

On 4/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, BloodyOreo said:

On 4/11/2023 at 7:13 AM, chartgaga said:

But that would harm her legacy :lesson:

No when you think about it, it's kinda sad like during ARTPOP when critics and the industry turned against her, she turned to her fans for love. Now she's a darling of critics she seeks to continue to please them more, which isn't a bad thing if her core fanbase isn't being forgagatten but you know. It's whatever. Legacy and all that sh!t.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 4/11/2023 at 12:23 PM, Dean Judaster said:

The fact that they released different versions to boost sales and it still didn't make it. Yet they couldn't care to ship the vinyls/merch properly to secure Chromatica's week #2 which lost 1st spot by like 1k sales. :mess:

No when you think about it, it's kinda sad like during ARTPOP when critics and the industry turned against her, she turned to her fans for love. Now she's a darling of critics she seeks to continue to please them more, which isn't a bad thing if her core fanbase isn't being forgagatten but you know. It's whatever. Legacy and all that sh!t.

The fact it is true. Like she barely interacts with us anymore. Just posts sth whenever needed

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Some of you are quite bitter, huh? 

We should be allowed to vent some frustrations every now and then, I hope.

In any case, despite what I said above, I also have changed my expectations completely because it's not up to me. I think it's possible and healthy to acknowledge that Gaga and her team has had missteps in the past and still be a fan.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

On 4/11/2023 at 1:23 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Well there is a chance for her to make artpop x2 platinum album with possible another Top10 peaking song this fall. 

If she really cared about her albums , she would release ACT 2 with new songs added to album and a brand new single on the radios with music video. 

But she wont do it. Hihihi. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/11/2023 at 7:29 AM, BloodyMary said:

Well there is a chance for her to make artpop x2 platinum album with possible another Top10 peaking song this fall. 

If she really cared about her albums , she would release ACT 2 with new songs added to album and a brand new single on the radios with music video. 

But she wont do it. Hihihi. 

I don't realistically see ARTPOP hitting x2 plat HOWEVER, I would love for there to be a reissue with 3-4 new songs for its 10th anniversary. Plus it already hit 1B on Spotify so I'm cool with that.

Popstanne 9,417
On 4/11/2023 at 7:28 AM, Dean Judaster said:

We should be allowed to vent some frustrations every now and then, I hope.

In any case, despite what I said above, I also have changed my expectations completely because it's not up to me. I think it's possible and healthy to acknowledge that Gaga and her team has had missteps in the past and still be a fan.

You are correct, of course, I'm sorry

I'm just kinda sick of these fans that think Gaga owes us anything

• lol 1

On 4/11/2023 at 1:30 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I don't realistically see ARTPOP hitting x2 plat HOWEVER, I would love for there to be a reissue with 3-4 new songs for its 10th anniversary. Plus it already hit 1B on Spotify so I'm cool with that.

Isnt it at 1.5M US units? A brand new single with x2 platinum alone adds 200k sps to album. Other ACT 2 songs could move the album units 2M overall. 

Nothing is impossible if you really want and go for it. 

But we know she wont do a thing tho. Lol

• thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 1:34 PM, Lazz Monster said:

You are correct, of course, I'm sorry

I'm just kinda sick of these fans that think Gaga owes us anything

Its not about she owe us anything or not , my god with this mentality this fanbase is doomed to flop forever. :icant: