Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 11,434
On 4/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, Leptine said:

If that it's the case, I'm pretty sure Interscope can find a deal or something if they want in order to release that material.

The question is, are they willing to?.. 

On 4/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, Replay said:

Do you remember what exactly it said?

This. People keep mentioning the leaked documents that she can't release. But what exactly it was? Like, show me actual screen shot, picture, gimme a literal quote, not some rumor. Maybe they're missunderstanding that. Or if she's tied by the contract, that would mean it's up to the label. Wouldn't it? 

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 4/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, Replay said:

Do you remember what exactly it said?

I can't remember word by word (I guess we can't make some researches to find it), but I remember well it was one of the things written on her contract. Like the fact she can't go into recording session before waiting 5 months after turning her previous album. Or like the fact she needs Interscope consent / approval before recording any music (and they have the hand on songs length, number of songs on album etc...) 

Edited by monketsharona

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 4/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, monketsharona said:

Like the fact she can't go into recording session before waiting 5 months after turning her previous album. Or like the fact she needs Interscope consent / approval before recording any music (and they have the hand on songs length, number of songs on album etc...) 

That's just sad...the label limits her endless creativity, which is one of the reasons her visions for ARTPOP fell apart

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 4/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, PanPikus said:

I think at the end it's up to her.

Gaga has gained a certain power and influence also when it comes to deal with her label, if she wants to release that material, I'm sure she can find a way easily, look how Taylor Swift easily managed to re-release her previous material and that was definitely a lot more complicated situation.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
On 4/8/2023 at 10:08 PM, Leptine said:

I think at the end it's up to her.

Gaga has gained a certain power and influence also when it comes to deal with her label, if she wants to release that material, I'm sure she can find a way easily, look how Taylor Swift easily managed to re-release her previous material and that was definitely a lot more complicated situation.

this

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 4/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, PanPikus said:

This. People keep mentioning the leaked documents that she can't release. But what exactly it was? Like, show me actual screen shot, picture, gimme a literal quote, not some rumor. Maybe they're missunderstanding that. Or if she's tied by the contract, that would mean it's up to the label. Wouldn't it? 

It's always in their hands of course, but let's not forget they're the ones which have full power on her releases.

They're the ones which decided to go on a Chromatica remix album only over getting new songs being included (BloodPop confirmed they fought hard for Babylon Haus Labs and they wanted new songs included on DoC, which didn't happen).

They're also the ones which NEVER decided to make any kind big celebrations of her past eras with releasing old unreleased songs. DWJS confirmed if it was in their hand, Act 2 would have been released long time ago and there would be 8 acts. 

I really don't know why Interscope is so close on the subject of releasing some old unreleased song when it's literally dead somewhere on a computer and making no money. 

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 4/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, monketsharona said:

I can't remember word by word (I guess we can't make some researches to find it), but I remember well it was one of the things written on her contract. Like the fact she can't go into recording session before waiting 5 months after turning her previous album. Or like the fact she needs Interscope consent / approval before recording any music (and they have the hand on songs length, number of songs on album etc...)

Sometimes these things are just contract formality, especially at the beginning, then concretely things work different and are less strict.

With her having a record studio in her home, pretty sure she can record whenever she wants and then making it official with Interscope in their terms, Gaga is one of their most profitable artists, they won't get mad if she record new music, however for how Gaga works there's definitely no worry that she is going to work immediately so early after releasing an album lol.

For the rest it's obvious that when she's about to release something they have a final word on those technical things, but it seems to me she's pretty free to do what she wants with them (in the limits of course).

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread, Lady Gaga announces she will starring in a movie called "House of Gucci"
A Popster Is Born 18,363
On 4/8/2023 at 3:18 PM, PanPikus said:

But do we have any proper conformation or it's just speculation? I think there was some talk about them not being able to release those songs without Troy's permission as he got some rights to them. But they could just simply make an agreement with him, idk. 

No way in hell they will strike a deal imo, both sides. But let’s wait and see. 

Also, I get your willingness to see the actual documents. I saw them years ago, can’t find them now, I tried multiple times and failed. And these are not rumors. I vividly remember people interpreting some of the issues there and one thing that stood out was that ARTPOP’s act II will never ever happen due to her contract. Sadly, it’s impossible to give you the direct quote, it’s annoying af, I know. Hopefull someone will track it down. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,363

At this point I can a remix? Or maybe DJWS will give us an instrumental or something. I can still remember his tweet where he said he will give us something special tho it won’t be something we expect the most.

Aaand finally, I really loved ARTPOP and genuinely loved it more than her previous albums at the time but I have this strange feeling that I moved on so much since that album that I don’t even care that much. Sadly.

Popster for Sale 57,132

Most-streamed songs of all-time on Spotify Norway:

#5 Shallow (47M)

#23 Always Remember Us This Way (26M)

———-----—-BARRIER—------——-—

(#554 Chained to the Rythm)

#900 Anti-Hero 4M (her highest song)

• paws up 2
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 7

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 4/8/2023 at 4:55 PM, DonnieDarko said:

At this point I can a remix? Or maybe DJWS will give us an instrumental or something. I can still remember his tweet where he said he will give us something special tho it won’t be something we expect the most.

Aaand finally, I really loved ARTPOP and genuinely loved it more than her previous albums at the time but I have this strange feeling that I moved on so much since that album that I don’t even care that much. Sadly.

We'll know in a matter of months if anything is planned anyway but I pray for Monster to let it go forever if nothing happens.

I'm not ready for another decade of them (and DJWS) begging for ARTPOP 2 to happen for 20th anniversary. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 4/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, Dean Judaster said:

h0es chart activity suspended in observance of Holy Week?

Nope, I'm still getting my carpal tunnel exercise in

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
On 4/8/2023 at 5:13 PM, Fame Romance said:

Most-streamed songs of all-time on Spotify Norway:

#5 Shallow (47M)

#23 Always Remember Us This Way (26M)

———-----—-BARRIER—------——-—

(#554 Chained to the Rythm)

#900 Anti-Hero 4M (her highest song)

Destroying @Miaou's Dua Lipa propaganda campaign with just one post:dead:

:icant:

Popster for Sale 57,132

Most songs in the top 500 most-streamed songs on Spotify ever:

1. Ariana Grande, Rihanna - 10

2. Billie Eilish - 9

3. Adele, Dua Lipa - 8

4. Lady Gaga - 5

5. Doja Cat, Selena Gomez, Sia, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj - 4

6. Anne-Marie, Katy Perry  - 3

7. Taylor Swift, Camila Cabello, Demi Lovato - 2

Gaga, Adele and Rihanna the OG MPGs with the GLOBAL hitmaking strenght :crowned:

• paws up 8
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 17,671
On 4/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, Replay said:

@Leptine kworb has list too but it's even weirder (bey has 2b more) lmao https://kworb.net/spotify/artists.html

Gaga 25th and  5th female with most streams AS LEAD :ohhh: 

Spoiler

but 50th and 11th female including features :dead::rip:

#1 Taylor  - 41,847 M
#2 Ariana - 30,768 M
#3 Billie    - 26,540 M
#4 Rihanna - 22,920 M
#5 Gaga    - 16,735 M
#6 Dua      - 16,383 M
#7 Adele    - 16,265 M  
#8 B11       - 16,096 M
#9 Lana     - 15,088 M
#10 Katy    - 13,425 M

A Popster Is Born 17,671
On 4/8/2023 at 12:48 PM, Fame Romance said:

Most songs in the top 500 most-streamed songs on Spotify ever:

1. Ariana Grande, Rihanna - 10

2. Billie Eilish - 9

3. Adele, Dua Lipa - 8

4. Lady Gaga - 5

5. Doja Cat, Selena Gomez, Sia, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj - 4

6. Anne-Marie, Katy Perry  - 3

7. Taylor Swift, Camila Cabello, Demi Lovato - 2

Gaga, Adele and Rihanna the OG MPGs with the GLOBAL hitmaking strenght :crowned:

T-person :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 57,132
On 4/8/2023 at 6:58 PM, OliverDespechao said:

T-person :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

b-b-but she wasn't on Spotify for 2 years when Spotify was barely relevant!!11!1!1!!1:billie:

The way Gaga's top 5 on Spotify was either not released yet or in the 100M range when Taylor Swift came back to Spotify yet she has the bigger songs on the platform :crowned:

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 1