Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 18,433
On 4/5/2023 at 5:22 PM, Andreu said:

Do you genuinely think Bloody Mary's reception made them consider changing the direction of LG7?

Bold of you to assume there is a direction of LG7 that they wanna go with.

Spoiler

I hope they did:oscar:

Popster for Sale 41,892
On 4/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, Stats4LG said:

Not Ellie Goulding saying that some of the lyrics on her new album are AI generated :icant:

ChatGPT coming for songwriting credits and royalty :horse_race:

ARTPOPster 1,510
On 4/5/2023 at 12:59 PM, BloodyOreo said:

just looked it up and I truly don't understand this common sentiment in the liddo fanbase

it sounds empty and the first half of the bridge sucks, I much prefer the officially released version

You just had to be there

lady gaga applause GIF

I will say the Sexxx Dreams one is arguable. But the way they BUTCHERED Manicure (especially the pre-chorus) is criminal

Edited by 0606060

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 4/5/2023 at 11:31 AM, 0606060 said:

Not another era where we learned she scrapped the entire concept and recorded a whole different album pls

angry clap GIF

WE WANT THE ORGINAL LG7 WITH THE SCRAPED BLOODGOD SONGS

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,853

Am I the only one that's excited but also quite apprehensive about LG7? I'm a bit afraid that this is the album we could see Gaga really start to leaning into being a legacy artist, at least as a pop musician. Chromatica era (or lack thereof) did a number on me. :icant:

Also more than ever the public seems to appreciate her early years, and will definitely judge whatever comes next against TF(M) and BTW. I fear she has to impress this time around. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 3
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 11,861
On 4/5/2023 at 2:07 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yaaaas cool. They changed the category from "Best musical moment" to "Best Song". The way it benefited Gaga is shocking :icant:

Good luck to all nominees and may the best song only one who attends wins!

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 4/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

Have you heard the MJH demos?

Her demos are good but we kinda have a reputation for always preferring them like annoying kids who just want what they can’t have :laughga: the PI tame impala tho >>>>

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,315
On 4/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Am I the only one that's excited but also quite apprehensive about LG7? I'm a bit afraid that this is the album we could see Gaga really start to leaning into being a legacy artist, at least as a pop musician. Chromatica era (or lack thereof) did a number on me. :icant:

Also more than ever the public seems to appreciate her early years, and will definitely judge whatever comes next against TF(M) and BTW. I fear she has to impress this time around. 

I mean yeah, the GP clearly doesn’t use her albums bar her early years and ASIB given the current streaming numbers

She needs to release her magnus opus, no more semi-successful albums like Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica

If she serves great quality it can actually do well, the music climate is favorable to females smashing (Shakira, SZA, Miley with Flowers, Taylor, Bey with Cuff It, even Nicki got a solo hit) 

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,640
On 4/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I am more concerned about when she's gonna release, I fear we have to wait until 2025 or even 2026.

For the rest, it's a big question mark, what she has in mind for the direction and the genre of the album, no idea what to expect, we will see if we're gonna have some producers Tea at least in the future.

But yes, I think people should not have big expectations, especially when it comes to numbers and chart performance.

• paws up 3
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178

Harry's nomination in the awards season...

:icant:

Please M3GAN win over him

Edited by emig_09
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 4/5/2023 at 7:20 PM, Fame Romance said:

I mean yeah, the GP clearly doesn’t use her albums bar her early years and ASIB given the current streaming numbers

She needs to release her magnus opus, no more semi-successful albums like Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica

If she serves great quality it can actually do well, the music climate is favorable to females smashing (Shakira, SZA, Miley with Flowers, Taylor, Bey with Cuff It, even Nicki got a solo hit) 

I think atm it’s a great time for females she helped to bring that in back in 2020, hopefully it continues for when Gaga does release. Like they’re getting solo hits and pop radio isn’t dropping them. it’s a sign of times, but I guess it could change.

@BloodyOreo 

Spoiler

I don’t think it’ll be a legacy album yet if they go for the right thing. Even using collabs if they have to, Gaga is working all the time to keep her star power going artists want to collab with her. Also she’s still big enough to go on TTH. But no more mistakes with leads, it is important. I think although ESV is flopped it’s at least showing who Miley is and presented well. With Joanne/chroma so much discussion about 1 or 2 MVs it feels messy on top of the numbers. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,853
On 4/5/2023 at 7:30 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think atm it’s a great time for females she helped to bring that in back in 2020, hopefully it continues for when Gaga does release. Like they’re getting solo hits and pop radio isn’t dropping them. it’s a sign of times, but I guess it could change.

@BloodyOreo 

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think it’ll be a legacy album yet if they go for the right thing. Even using collabs if they have to, Gaga is working all the time to keep her star power going artists want to collab with her. Also she’s still big enough to go on TTH. But no more mistakes with leads, it is important. I think although ESV is flopped it’s at least showing who Miley is and presented well. With Joanne/chroma so much discussion about 1 or 2 MVs it feels messy on top of the numbers. 

Yeah I'm not sure if she can take another underwhelming lead single. They need to go with something that screams "I'm back". Stupid Love is a cute song but it was not that at all, not to mention the mv. This scares me for their capacity to make good decisions. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 356
On 4/5/2023 at 9:59 AM, Fame Romance said:

Rain on Me MV: 385M views

————-——BARRIER————-

Anti-Hero + Lavender Haze + Bejeweled + All Too Well + I Bet You think About Me MV = 332M views 

:mess:

Hitlor youtube poison for years

OT: godga solo top 10 radio hiT

TQG's 4th day on Spotify: #2 WW (=) and #6 in the US (=) - Page 2 - Charts  & Sales - ATRL

ARTPOPster 1,510

It's kinda f-ed how her last 3 eras have had some annoying circumstances:

Artpop: obvious hate train, management drama, flop era, kinda speaks for itself

Joanne: deviated way too far from her usual sound, released twangy album when songs like Cheap Thrills, Closer, One Dance were smashing, poorly picked lead single

Chromatica: pandemic, highly politicized/election year, leaked music, another poorly picked lead, abandoned after 4 months

Hopefully next era we can at LEAST get a strong rollout during lead single and album promotions without interruptions and following a schedule regardless of what's happening. More live performances too ofc :prideheart:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1