Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Moderator 17,128
On 4/1/2023 at 12:25 PM, BloodyOreo said:

she did the opposite with Perfect Illusion talking about social media in radio interviews etc. 

The song is not about social media :awkney:

As far as I know, Miley also never explicitly said that Flowers is about Liam, but I'm not up to date on this kind of gossip.

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 4/1/2023 at 11:27 AM, corvus albus said:

As far as I know, Miley also never explicitly said that Flowers is about Liam, but I'm not up to date on this kind of gossip.

That's why claiming it is is the opposite of exploiting her relationships 

Popster for Sale 44,771

Bloody Mary really outdoing everyone's expectations on radio :giveup:

the way that guy on twitter, the one who got dragged because BM was not on TTH, turned out to be right about the radio support of this song

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 5
  • love 3

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/1/2023 at 3:57 PM, corvus albus said:

Literally all of Miley’s last 4 lead singles are about Liam :icant:

Bonus: 7 Things is about Nick Jonas :icant:

Edited by Adarsh

On 4/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, Zak said:

I love it too. It’s definitely different from her previous 2 albums. Also the aesthetics this era are amazing!!! Definitely her best. I just wish the packaging on the cd or vinyl were better 

Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw an unboxing of the CD, especially after K-12 and Crybaby's editions, which were pretty elaborate.

I gave the album a more thoughtful listen and I am starting to like some of the songs I didn't appreciate at first! Some of the songs are growers definitely!

Plus Melanie is having an amazing debut this time around! Deserved!

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 4/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, corvus albus said:

Perfect Illusion? Her most famous line from Five Foot Two? Gaga has exploited that side of herself and that's normal.

It's a very different scenario, she has never did it in a big explicit way like it happened with 'Flowers' that has been advertized with a whole PR campaign of media outlets talking about the divorce and its details in order to create more buzz for the song, that's for me it's exploiting, of course she can make a song about a break-up and love struggle but she has always did it with class maintaining her privacy at the end.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/1/2023 at 7:27 PM, Leptine said:

It's a very different scenario, she has never did it in a big explicit way like it happened with 'Flowers' that has been advertized with a whole PR campaign of media outlets talking about the divorce and its details in order to create more buzz for the song, that's for me it's exploiting, of course she can make a song about a break-up and love struggle but she has always did it with class maintaining her privacy at the end.

And Gaga has literally never dated a big celebrity. The closest she got to profiting off something like that was Shallow and that wasn’t even a real relationship so it doesn’t count.

• paws up 1