Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 3/29/2023 at 4:55 PM, BloodyMary said:

Stanning taylor is so boring. Imagine keep winning all the time. where is the fun?

We going from ARTPOP to Superbowl to ASIB era will forever be unmatched in my stan career. 

I’ll never forget forever. 

her biopic (if ever made) will be so bland.

+ She made accessible music for kids. Gaga aint that type of artist 

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/29/2023 at 2:31 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Oh fad labs 

This seems a great result considering it's about the new re-brand, less than a year than its launch and it's doing better than a Kardashian overhyped line, all the top10 brands are oldest.

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 3/29/2023 at 6:09 PM, Leptine said:

This seems a great result considering it's about the new re-brand, less than a year than its launch and it's doing better than a Kardashian overhyped line, all the top10 brands are oldest.

Also, there’s no way for them to know the actual sale figures. If Gaga had actually reported them, it would be a huge story covered by WWD. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,772
On 3/29/2023 at 12:25 PM, BloodyMary said:

Stanning taylor is so boring. Imagine keep winning all the time. where is the fun?

We going from ARTPOP to Superbowl to ASIB era will forever be unmatched in my stan career. 

I’ll never forget forever. 

On 3/29/2023 at 1:25 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah it would be so boring if Gaga was always successful in everything she does without taking risks, having up and downs definitely make the experience of being a stan more thrilling and then you enjoy so much more when a song or era smash, when she wins an award and all the wins in general.

It's like when you're on a diet or fasting, then you're gonna enjoy more the food when you can eat, having always success becomes stale and predictable, in Taylor Swift case that truly represents the state of her career as well: stale and always the same with no risks.

As a matter of facts, her stans wouldn't spend so much time in fighting or attacking other popstars if they were truly satisfied with what their fave is doing.

The way y'all talk I'd think Taylor didn't basically switch genres twice during her career. From country to pop, and from pop to folk, and now back to pop. After some time with Midnights I agree that it's a bit regressive for her, but other than that she's really not the mainstream artist to which these sort of accusations apply. Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, and Katy Perry come to mind as artists who refuse to evolve. Ed is particularly shocking because the talent is clearly there but I guess he's just too chart-obsessed. 

Gaga is probably the most impressive jack of all trades from mainstream pop artists, and she's definitely been brave throughout her career, in a way few people in her position would've, but let's not act like Taylor has been releasing the same album over and over again when that isn't true in the slightest. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 6

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/29/2023 at 2:45 PM, BloodyOreo said:

The way y'all talk I'd think Taylor didn't basically switch genres twice during her career. From country to pop, and from pop to folk, and now back to pop. After some time with Midnights I agree that it's a bit regressive for her, but other than that she's really not the mainstream artist to which these sort of accusations apply. Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, and Katy Perry come to mind as artists who refuse to evolve. Ed is particularly shocking because the talent is clearly there but I guess he's just too chart-obsessed. 

Gaga is probably the most impressive jack of all trades from mainstream pop artists, and she's definitely been brave throughout her career, in a way few people in her position would've, but let's not act like Taylor has been releasing the same album over and over again when that isn't true in the slightest. 

True true 

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 3/29/2023 at 6:15 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I think people easily put Taylor in the same category as Ed etc because she hardly ever changes her look. Which I know is unfair because we’re talking about music but to the normal eye, she has been looking the same since 2006.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Let's be real, most of her music sounds the same... even with the 'switching genres' it's all rooted in the same kind of style, which is exactly why her fanbase is unmovable. You could pluck album tracks from each of her eras, move them around and put them on different albums and hardly notice the difference. The only true switch up in her career was Reputation, and I'm pretty sure a lot of her fans don't like that album, so she went and made that other boring 2019 album that was in line with the music prior. That's not to say her staying in her lane is a bad thing, it's clearly working out for her.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/29/2023 at 2:45 PM, BloodyOreo said:

That's because she has never did pure country music, her "country" genre has always been more traditional pop infused, her switch to Pop wasn't very risky or different from what she usually did, her music has always remained very in line with her brand and style, same argument for the "folk" genre, there's no really much difference in my opinion.

• thanks 6

Popster to Popster 3,173
On 3/29/2023 at 3:15 AM, Adarsh said:

The way last year everyone was saying that Adele will be breaking all of Gaga’s records in Vegas. Well guess what :cm:
spacer.png

If Gaga came back to Vegas now? With a new pop show? She'd break her own record. Dying to see a new show. :gaycat:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 3/29/2023 at 9:04 PM, emig_09 said:

US Radio

#14 = Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary 44.92 +0.53

:party::abel_glow:

The way I asked for 45M AI, Top5 HAC and Top10 Pop

And now.. 2 out of 3 are likely to happen SOON :darkmode:

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 3/29/2023 at 6:09 PM, Adarsh said:

These numbers are based on social media value and not the actual revenue btw 

I hope so bc how tf rem beauty that high