little legend

A Popster Is Born 12,807

Czech Republic
#159 (+4) Hold My Hand

Taiwan
#183 (Re-Entry) Sour Candy 

with zero promo wtf :giveup:

Belgium
#55 (+9) Shallow (not a 2018 song #55 they stan hard in belgium :dead:)

Switzerland
#83 (+27) Shallow
#145 (+39) ARUTW
#165 (+27) Bloody Mary

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 3/20/2023 at 3:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yes, this. We missed at least two prime time performances on awards shows and a secret Coachella set she was about to do. She would’ve definitely release another music video up to 8 weeks after the albums release. Yeah, the album would’ve done better.

Yeah no matter how you twist and turn this around you just can't ignore the fact that the world problems definitelly affected both Gaga and Chromatica (Gaga also acted the best she could in that time and I'm pretty sure that she was sad about the world problems but also sad about her album aswell bc she worked a lot for it and the fact that she still did the tour 2 years later kinda tells how much she cared about it).

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 3/20/2023 at 3:01 PM, DonnieDarko said:

The way she was about to announce the tour in the very same week Russia’s war against Ukraine started. They postponed that as well. 

I remember, a mess :toofunny:

I always say, in having the luckyness (because clearly aside from the talent you also need luck on your side to reach certain highs in life) in being one of the most powerful and famous woman on this Planet, at the same time she has been very unlucky in her department tones of times.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,628
On 3/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, Leptine said:

The thing more annoying is that Gaga is always targeted if she doesn't speak up or does something publicly everytime a tragedy or something bad happen as if she's the President of the United States that needs to release a statement on those issues, whereas you have people like Beyoncé who gets celebrated as activist by media despite her having an industry of unpaid slaves for her trash line of clothes and concretely doing less of the bare minimum.

Not gonna act like I know how crippling it is to have millions of people commeting your every move but I feel like in a way Gaga also puts herself in that position. She has to advertise everything she does as a part of some grand scheme to make the world a better place, even brand partnerships. 

Love how deeply she seems to care about the world but during Chromatica it felt like that was at odds with being an artist, and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 3/20/2023 at 6:29 PM, DonnieDarko said:

At this point thinking BLM and covid didn’t ruin Chromatica’s first week and following two or even three weeks is just wrong. Sure, the album was always going to be frontloaded given how the era was planned to last basically 5 months but the first month was bombarded with the world collapsing and they didn’t do the majority  of the things that were planned and we all know Gaga oś very promo sensitive. Oh well.

There are atleast 10 mainstream albums which worked very well in pandemic & less live promotion 

blaming BLM for its underperformance is insane 

• thanks 1
  • lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 30,363

Ava Max french certs:

Heaven & Hell - Platinum (100k sales)

Sweet But Psycho, Kings & Queens - Diamonds 

So am I, Salt, The Motto - Platinum

Torn, Alone,Who's Laughing Now, MH&MH, EveryTime I cry - Gold

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,980
On 3/20/2023 at 3:17 PM, Andreu said:

One hit wonder getting her 5th platinum (or higher) certified song in France :applause:

Wow, only 200k ?! I'm surprise with that highlighting in big playlists... 15 long months for 200k, hum, it's semi-ok.. just saying.

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705

Spotify US 

#05 [=] All Of The Girls You Loved Before
#11 [+2] Anti-Hero
#31 [+4] Lavender Haze
#57 [+6] Cruel Summer
#62 [+19] Don’t Blame Me
#85 [+13] Midnight Rain
#90 [+2] Blank Space
#94 [+31] Cardigan
#95 [+18] Karma
#102 [+13] Style

#114 [+5] Bejeweled
#115 [+37] Enchanted
#132 [+11] Lover
#143 [+26] You're On Your Own, Kid
#166 [+14] The Man
#176 [+22] Maroon
#179 [RE] August
#189 [RE] All Too Well (TMV)
#199 [RE] Champagne problems

Spotify WW 

#13 [+5] Anti-Hero
#16 [+1] All Of The Girls You Loved Before
#72 [+23] Lavender Haze
#78 [+19] Blank Space
#109 [+30] Don’t Blame Me
#111 [+52] Cardigan
#113 [+35] Style
#128 [+34] Cruel Summer
#133 [+50] Midnight Rain
#135 [RE] Enchanted

bye :rip:

Popster for Sale 44,628

It was almost like she was implicitly saying: this is just a silly pop album, we need to focus about the real issues going on in the world. Do I blame her for feeling that way as a human being? Not really, its understandable. Is it a disappointing attitude from my favourite artist? For sure.

• paws up 6

Popster to Popster 3,904

did the BLM movement take sales off doja, taylor and dua's eras as well? :billie:

I mean look at plastic hearts, that dbeuted with joanne streams now does 3m daily... quality and word of mouth is the best promotion in 2023

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,110
On 3/20/2023 at 3:26 PM, kékette said:

Wow, only 200k ?! I'm surprise with that highlighting in big playlists... 15 long months for 200k, hum, it's semi-ok.. just saying.

Considering it peaked at #60 in France, because it wasn't actually that well playlisted, that's pretty good.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705
On 3/20/2023 at 3:26 PM, kékette said:

Imagine thinking a song is a hit when it was certified only platinum 3 years after its release like So Am I or Salt in one country :rip: the standards are on the floor :rip:

• lol 1

Popster This Way 648
On 3/20/2023 at 3:22 PM, Ayobabylon said:

There are atleast 10 mainstream albums which worked very well in pandemic & less live promotion 

blaming BLM for its underperformance is insane 

But they were not RELEASED on the BLM week.

One thing is an album already working well which need to survive 1-2 weeks of BLM, and another completely different thing is releasing an album on BLM week. 

That's the point.

Edited by Andraslop
  • paws up 1