Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,880
On 3/20/2023 at 9:26 AM, 0606060 said:

mini viral tweet spilling tea

It's a shame that that might actually be an "unpopular" opinion now

I might not like all of her music but she's right up there with Madonna, Cher, and Judy Garland

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 3/20/2023 at 1:11 PM, chartgaga said:

Yes the initial run of promo for Chroma was gonna be huge: Coachella, Chromatica TV, probably award shows to perform her singles, probably big magazine covers and heavy support. Don’t’ get me wrong I could see her team actually pushing a Beyonce radio moment and sending the chèques despite the bad callouts

Would it mean the album would still be charting today? Probably not but it would have scanned 15-20 more weeks I think in the US

in’the end the blessing was the tour being pushed for summer 2022; better visuals and more dates 

i think  @Ayobabylon  was getting criss-crossed about things, he meant about the longevity perhaps vs. the chartrun.  As i said I remember that Chromatica fell harsher WW vs. US on Spotify for the first week, but it was more about the botched rollout and interactions, she legit had a terrible first month to release she'd have milked her base to secure the seocnd week #1 if not for example.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/20/2023 at 2:30 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i think  @Ayobabylon  was getting criss-crossed about things, he meant about the longevity perhaps vs. the chartrun.  As i said I remember that Chromatica fell harsher WW vs. US on Spotify for the first week, but it was more about the botched rollout and interactions, she legit had a terrible first month to release she'd have milked her base to secure the seocnd week #1 if not for example.

The last minute poster that got cancelled anyway

• sad 2

Popster to Popster 4,833

IMO Chromatica would have done better overall if the world was not having a hard time back then, Gaga would have done more promo (and we all know how promo sensitive Gaga can be) which would have helped the album do better on both Billboard 200 and streaming aswell (the album will probably still be frontloaded but the hold would have been better) 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 18,443
On 3/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, LGMonster95 said:

IMO Chromatica would have done better overall if the world was not having a hard time back then, Gaga would have done more promo (and we all know how promo sensitive Gaga can be) which would have helped the album do better on both Billboard 200 and streaming aswell (the album will probably still be frontloaded but the hold would have been better) 

Yes, this. We missed at least two prime time performances on awards shows and a secret Coachella set she was about to do. She would’ve definitely release another music video up to 8 weeks after the albums release. Yeah, the album would’ve done better.

• paws up 3
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,677
On 3/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Yeah a lot of it, while good intentioned, was unnecessary and a bit disrespectful towards her fanbase imo

Sadly we live in a time in which whatever you do as public figure, you get backlash on social media no matter what, if she would have celebrated her music they would have roasted her and called insensitive despite her being one of the most woke and social aware popstar-celebrity, forgetting that just a month earlier she organized the Covid fundraiser.

At the same time, it wasn't even right acting like the era didn't exist, disappointing part of her fanbase that supports her, it was a very lose-lose situation.

The thing more annoying is that Gaga is always targeted if she doesn't speak up or does something publicly everytime a tragedy or something bad happen as if she's the President of the United States that needs to release a statement on those issues, whereas you have people like Beyoncé who gets celebrated as activist by media despite her having an industry of unpaid slaves for her trash line of clothes and concretely doing less of the bare minimum.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

In conclusion we need to drop the essays and pray (or keep of fingers crossed to each their own) that miss GodGa will go all-in for her next era like she was meant to do with Chromatica :arguega:

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 13,422
On 3/20/2023 at 7:00 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

It's a shame that that might actually be an "unpopular" opinion now

Literally nobody would say it’s an unpopular opinion. 

• thanks 1

Lets not forget iheartradio live performance with ariana grande. 

+ the album originally was going to be released on april 10 = the week stupid love reached #18 on overall radio. 

The album boost would give SL extra weeks inside Top20 along with Rain on me being #1 on the charts. 

You have no idea what kind of disaster this album received from Covid. 

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 3/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

So you are saying that GODGA should have followed Beyonce’s footsteps instead, release a song like Black Parade with an extra 6 remixes, payolad on top of TTH of Spotify and Apple Music to exploit the BLM movement and George Floyd’s death and still fail miserably to crack 1.5M streams on her debut day?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I just checked and its total spotify streams as of now are 66M :rip:

but i also have to say i'm surprised it managed to debut/peak top40 on the hot100

On 3/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, Andreu said:

In conclusion we need to drop the essays and pray (or keep of fingers crossed to each their own) that miss GodGa will go all-in for her next era like she was meant to do with Chromatica :arguega:

In b4 WW3 aligns with her next era

A Popster Is Born 18,443
On 3/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, 0606060 said:

In b4 WW3 aligns with her next era

The way she was about to announce the tour in the very same week Russia’s war against Ukraine started. They postponed that as well. 

• shook 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 1