Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,389

Taylor might be a good songwriter when it comes to words but most of her melodies are really forgettable. I don’t even remember how any of her songs after the lover singles sound like :dead:

• paws up 6

Pop-a-911-ster 25,794
On 3/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, corvus albus said:

Don't forget that Gaga, with the flop SL and the only one-week-old ROM, active BLM protests and in the middle of COVID mania, debuted with more units than ARTPOP and even Bangerz in 2013. So saying Miley doing worse in 2023 than with Bangerz in 2013 is normal, is not something I'd accept as an argument.

Gaga had bundles, that’s a huge difference. 120k without bundles is more than good

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 3/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Adarsh said:

Taylor might be a good songwriter when it comes to words but most of her melodies are really forgettable. I don’t even remember how any of her songs after the lover singles sound like :dead:

This. :rip:some of the lyrics are genuinely good but with Taylor, there are people who see big words and think "ooh impressive" 

• paws up 6

On 3/19/2023 at 10:07 PM, Arturo said:

Sorry but the "autumn chill that wakes me up / you loved the amber skies so much / long limbs and frozen swims / you'd always go past where out feet could touch" lyrics and melody are incomparable. washes Joanne easily.

Taylor is such a one trick pony. :billie:

On 3/20/2023 at 12:21 AM, Adarsh said:

Right? And so many of her songs blur together in my mind. :rip:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 3/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, Adarsh said:

She can't create memorable melodies :dead:

• paws up 5

Moderator 17,108
On 3/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Gaga had bundles, that’s a huge difference. 120k without bundles is more than good

We all know that bundles were not the reason Chromatica debuted at #1. It would've had a very impressive debut even without them.

My point was that 120K for Miley is neither a great success nor a huge letdown.

• paws up 4

The Popster 99
On 3/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

considering she closed her site during the release day it was still huge, she would have crossed 350K easily if it wasn’t for BLM. 

• thanks 1

Moderator 17,108
On 3/20/2023 at 4:10 AM, yomama said:

Yes, with tour and thong bundles. Y'all are in for a surprise.

Those are literally OGH arguments that have no basis in reality. The bundles were not as big as some of you might think :icant:

A Popster Is Born 13,389
On 3/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, derpmonster said:

This. :rip:some of the lyrics are genuinely good but with Taylor, there are people who see big words and think "ooh impressive" 

This is why I think she has a big fanbase in India because I know so many people who are only impressed because she uses heavy words in her songwriting :icant:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/20/2023 at 9:36 AM, corvus albus said:

Those are literally OGH arguments that have no basis in reality. The bundles were not as big as some of you might think :icant:

Yeah that sounded so OGH'd :rip:

Chromatica’s bow with 65,000 SEA units equates to 87.16 million on-demand streams of the set’s tracks in the week ending June 4.

She did great, but she's not clearing 200k next time around that's for sure

Popster to Popster 3,903

Katy get off the floor lol

Edited by Mario Spears

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/20/2023 at 9:53 AM, Mario Spears said:

Katy get on the floor lol

oh wow 70M streams 🔥🔥🔥 🔥🔥🔥 🔥🔥🔥 Katy WASHES that woman beating racist a** loser

42586732_10157847989029447_2977621369421

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 3/19/2023 at 11:42 PM, Adarsh said:

This is why I think she has a big fanbase in India because I know so many people who are only impressed because she uses heavy words in her songwriting :icant:

It's sad because I genuinely liked her as a kid during the Love Story/You Belong With Me eras... :bebe: but the quality has been very hit or miss since then. A few bops for 1989, then it starts going downhill, and then with folklore... :tiredaf:

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,108
On 3/20/2023 at 7:44 AM, yomama said:

Yeah that sounded so OGH'd :rip:

She did great, but she's not clearing 200k next time around that's for sure

Gaga debuted with over 200K with Joanne, which wasn't even that liked by her fans and predicted to do way worse initially. So why exactly would she never debut above 200K again?

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 3/20/2023 at 10:51 AM, Adarsh said:

No actually

Her lyricism & melodies are made for mass consumption, she makes the most accessible music. Thats why her success is so big.

There are better songwriters than her but they aren't accessible 

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 3/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, Mew said:

considering she closed her site during the release day it was still huge, she would have crossed 350K easily if it wasn’t for BLM. 

Y'all let this BLM excuse go. This sounds micro racist as well

• lol 2