Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Moderator 17,129
On 3/19/2023 at 10:20 PM, Andreu said:

Sam really tanked :icant:

Yeah. I think Unholy just kinda spooked his usual base of 40-year-old women and you can't expect TikTok kids to stream the entire album :bebe:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,848
On 3/19/2023 at 10:15 PM, BloodyOreo said:

A lot better than sam, who did like 60k sps iirc

Edit: not 39k rip

As it should with his atrocious song Unholy 

Debut between 100-150k is not really that but Miley was literally heading into Katy/Christina/Demi trajectory with Younger Now, but she bounced back well enough. Also most of new artists like Dua/Megan/Camila can't open with 100k despite huge hits. 

For how long Miley have been in game, this is good. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 3/19/2023 at 6:04 PM, OliverDespechao said:

“it’s the Iraqi version” on the comments 

Someone needs a geography lesson

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/19/2023 at 2:01 PM, Gagacharts said:

From "streaming poison"to beeing the 7th most streamed female artist of all time.

Always more close to surpass Beyoncé, the moment she will surpass her, it will do a serious number on OGHs already fragile mental health.

ARTPOPster 1,869

I've made it a project to write reviews of my favorite albums. Below is a review of 1989 by Taylor Swift

Spoiler

I was never interested in Taylor Swift throughout the years in which I fell into the world of pop music, simply because she wasn't "pop". She was country, and though I had heard the teen-country-pop "You Belong With Me" incessantly in elementary school, and the electropop stylings off of Red in early middle school, by the time high school approached, I had yet to show my interest. Unlike other immature boys my age, I never thought her music was "girly", and so I had no reason to hate her. As 1989 would prove, I only had reason to love her.

Taylor Swift has always done what works out for her both creatively and commercially, and has always managed to maneuver that gap tightly and with precision. When it was time to go pop, she went pop and she did it well. The record kicks off with "Welcome to New York", a surprisingly solid effort at an anthem to the Big Apple (although she's no Alicia Keys) that washes away the expectations of anyone thinking the album would be anything but danceable. Hooks abound on the following tracks (and hit singles) "Blank Space" and "Style", the former of which is a subvertive confirmation of her romantic hit-and-runs; the latter of which is a melancholic-euphoric hybrid track that details one, ostensibly Harry Styles of the powerhouse that was One Direction at the time. It is with tracks like "Style" (the best off of the standard edition) that Swift strikes a powerful chord through the hearts of - and merges - the playful heartbreak of the effortlessly catchy "All You Had to Do Was Stay" and the ambient, dreamy reckonings of "Wildest Dreams".

There are bad songs here, albeit just two of them. Lead single "Shake It Off" is a stereotypical "f--the-haters" track that contains a horrendous bridge with the lyrics "getting down to this sick beat" in a spoken word format (need I say more?), and "Bad Blood" is a "f--Katy Perry-in-particular" track that details absolutely nothing more than the sheer pettiness of their pointless backup dancer feud.

These two songs, regrettably the most remembered, are also reminders that it is indeed difficult to tell meaningful stories and paint detailed imagery in a three-and-a-half minute dance track, but it is on songs such as "This Love" and "I Know Places" that Swift nonetheless manages to craft clever one-liners in a mainstream structure, lest we forget that there were five hit singles off of this album, a feat that is immensely hard to achieve on the Hot 100 using the traditional album rollout format.

The best track on 1989 is bizarrely found only on the deluxe edition. What a different font placement will treat you to is the beauty of "New Romantics", a song that finds its singer embattled by the press and acknowledging that she can overcome it all by finding resolve in her enormous base of loyal fans. This song is spectacular in composition, with a euphoric intro melody that reminds one of driving off not into a sunset, but a sunrise, where one will find new life and, typical of Taylor Swift, new love.

"I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me"

4.5/5

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Gaga´s daily Spotify streams:

• 11.03: +11.372.801
  • 12.03: +10.137.994
  • 13.03: +11.196.887
  • 14.03: +11.558.198 
  • 15.03: +11.556.776 
  • 16.03: +11.661.030
  • 17.03: +12.019.229 
  • 18.03: +11.462.411 [+90k compared to last week]

Total - 16.896.436.078

• paws up 5
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 3/19/2023 at 7:25 PM, Stats4LG said:

When did the forum become so dead :bebe:

Well it's had the same core users for quite some time, with no substantial new arrivals

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 3/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I just listened to Marjorie and it's better, but I'd never willingly listen to either

Joanne's title track isn't Gaga's worst, but it's by far her most boring. Her vocal delivery is so deadpan, which is uncharacteristic of her artistry. It's also put very out of place in the tracklist, it should have been the closer.

The reworked version with more instrumentation than just an acoustic guitar is much much better

Edited by IJustWorkHere

Sorry but the "autumn chill that wakes me up / you loved the amber skies so much / long limbs and frozen swims / you'd always go past where out feet could touch" lyrics and melody are incomparable. washes Joanne easily.

• thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/20/2023 at 12:19 AM, corvus albus said:

Don't forget that Gaga, with the flop SL and the only one-week-old ROM, active BLM protests and in the middle of COVID mania, debuted with more units than ARTPOP and even Bangerz in 2013. So saying Miley doing worse in 2023 than with Bangerz in 2013 is normal, is not something I'd accept as an argument.

Yes, with tour and thong bundles. Y'all are in for a surprise.

A Popster Is Born 10,101
On 3/20/2023 at 12:07 AM, Arturo said:

Sorry but the "autumn chill that wakes me up / you loved the amber skies so much / long limbs and frozen swims / you'd always go past where out feet could touch" lyrics and melody are incomparable. washes Joanne easily.

Not when Angel Down and Just Another Day exist tbh

• lol 2
  • love 1