Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/18/2023 at 2:59 PM, yomama said:

It's neither bought nor the critics are threatened... what is it then?

It's time to accept that the USA stans Taylor Swift, which is understandable considering the kind of country the us is, I guess

WgFrKkq.gif

Telegraph actually made an article last year on how music critics are afraid to criticize certain artists like Beyoncé, Taylor Swift and Adele:

Why are critics not allowed to be rude about Beyoncé?

The fanatical fans of megastars such as Adele and Taylor Swift are making some artists unassailable

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/why-critics-not-allowed-rude-beyonce/

However I never doubt that in the US she is very loved, she obviously is.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/18/2023 at 5:23 PM, Leptine said:

The fanatical fans of megastars such as Adele and Taylor Swift are making some artists unassailable

Liddos should have been doing all of that when TinyMixTapes gave Born This Way a 0.0

WgFrKkq.gif

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 563

Taylor is likable and relatable, at least the image she portrays. I'm glad her fans got this massive fan service at her concert. It is what they are looking for and she delivered. I don't relate almost nothing to Gaga, i just admire who she is and her talents, besides liking her style of music (edm, pop) and songwriting (metaphor/concept driven). I guess there are two types of fans in the world... 

Also, I love Dua as well, let's not ignore the beauty factor in this. She is gorgeous and there could be people that like her because of this, among other factors. 

Edited by LaMaterialista
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 3/18/2023 at 3:12 PM, Fame Romance said:

Plz for having heard her live Dua is a much better vocalist than Katy Perry :laughga:

She always sounds fine and on pitch, whereas Katy Perry sounds like a dying goat half of the time

I wouldn´t say so. Dua´s songs are way easier to sing than Katy´s because she has nearly no belting in it.

Just compare Firework to Don´t Start Now or Levitating.

Dua has improved a lot over the past years but Katy has a much stronger voice (my opinion)

Yes, Katy sounds pitchy sometimes but at least she tries to belt sometimes.

Edited by Gagacharts
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,573
On 3/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, FRANZGA said:

Yeah, i think we can all agree that Miss Swift can WRITE..

even tho, we dont agree with the overuse of exes and lovers themes 

I used to love Taylor Swift a lot, but all of her songs on her last three albums are pretty bland and sounding the same. That's mainly why I kinda stopped listening to what she's doing new.

I'd put all the blame on her not switching producers. Jack Antonoff is boring as hell. 

I could also name P!nk as an artist I totally loved but let it go on the last albums for the same issue. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, Gagacharts said:

I wouldn´t say so. Dua´s songs a way easier to sing than Katy´s because she has nearly no belting in it.

Just compare Firework to Don´t Start Now or Levitating.

Dua has improved a lot over the past years but Katy has a much stronger voice (my opinion)

True, Katy washes Dua in the singing department but she also had a 10 years headstart

WgFrKkq.gif

Why wouldn't she get the memo after Dark Horse smashed the sh!t out of everything n everyone and she just kept belting... That's on her a**

WgFrKkq.gif

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, yomama said:

Liddos should have been doing all of that when TinyMixTapes gave Born This Way a 0.0

WgFrKkq.gif

Agree, I'm still mad at that disgusting review, I guess we're not that nasty and vile like those other fanbases after all.

WgFrKkq.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029

I mean at the end of the day, fans should be happy with what their artists deliver even if we don’t find it good

isn’t that the whole point? The 70k Taylor fans who attended the show loved it and spent a great time making memories with other people and Taylor

just like Beyonce stans will also share memories during the Renaissance tour

just like we created memories at the Chroma ball

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - Back on tracking Shallow
Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/18/2023 at 3:57 PM, Adarsh said:

Queen of punk Debbie Harry AKA Blondie praising Gaga omg 

We post it together at same time :laughga:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 3/18/2023 at 4:57 PM, Adarsh said:

Queen of punk Debbie Harry AKA Blondie praising Gaga omg 

OMG i love Blondie

a legend praising another legend :applause:

• yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
On 3/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

Trump isn't smashing. He's likely to be indicted very soon and a good chunk of Republicans are ready to ditch him (but not enough for him to lose the primary)

he still has massive support among them tho :bebe:

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/18/2023 at 4:05 PM, Stats4LG said:

Just saw a tweet saying that they played Applause more times at the Eras Tour than they did at the Chromatica Ball :icant:

Gaga doesn’t use like actual artists songs for her pre show playlsits

didn’t she use the Fame commercial on loop for Born this way ball

Popster for Sale 41,877
On 3/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, chartgaga said:

Gaga doesn’t use like actual artists songs for her pre show playlsits

didn’t she use the Fame commercial on loop for Born this way ball

Why didn't she do the same with Maus Labs?

Better than "ejaculation always the same", I guess