Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264

“Honestly, and this is not to pat ourselves on the back, because we’re very bad at that, but we’ve built up trust in the relationship with Gaga over the years,” Oscars executive producer Ricky Kirshner told The Hollywood Reporter. “I did the Super Bowl with her and Glenn has done many awards shows with her, including the ‘Shallow’ performance on the Oscars.

“She really wanted to do something,” he continued. “She honestly was shooting her movie — there was no trickery involved. And Thursday, at four-something, we got a text that she wanted to try something, didn’t have time to put together a big performance, but wanted it to be raw and people to see the real Gaga, and, with a voice like that, you don’t need much more than that.”

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • love 19

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 3/13/2023 at 8:41 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

“Honestly, and this is not to pat ourselves on the back, because we’re very bad at that, but we’ve built up trust in the relationship with Gaga over the years,” Oscars executive producer Ricky Kirshner told The Hollywood Reporter. “I did the Super Bowl with her and Glenn has done many awards shows with her, including the ‘Shallow’ performance on the Oscars.

“She really wanted to do something,” he continued. “She honestly was shooting her movie — there was no trickery involved. And Thursday, at four-something, we got a text that she wanted to try something, didn’t have time to put together a big performance, but wanted it to be raw and people to see the real Gaga, and, with a voice like that, you don’t need much more than that.”

She really id it for the public and fans. We love you Gaga :prideheart:

• hugs 1
  • love 3

ARTPOPster 1,619

She served in one night last night what she only hoped to the entire Joanne era. 

In the mid-2010s, she seemed like she was having a whole crisis about fashion, identity, and Gaganess. She tried to strip back with Joanne but it didn't last more than a few weeks. I love Joanne, but it felt like she was trying to balance everything a little too hard. None of the performances were nearly as real (except maybe Angel Down on release night). And when that T-Shirt and jeans thing didn't work, she went right back to the fashion except without the Gaga. And then for a few years she started serving, and I'm sorry to say this, some pretty basic standard Hollywood fashion. :bebe:

Last night, she was back. Her stripped down performance was effortless and natural. Nothing forced. Nothing contrived. All while serving Gaga realness by having a full red carpet look and 3 total outfits for the same night. :romance:

Spoiler

Tbf, there's Chromatica and CBT, so she's been coming back slowly. But last night was her serving 2011 levels of Gaganess at an award show for the first time in forever. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,619

It's like she's contractually obligated to post about Haus Labs any time she gets any attention by the GP :dead:

Spoiler

Missed opportunity to sing "addicted to love" instead :cry: she probably doesn't remember that lyric though

Edited by derpmonster
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 3/13/2023 at 9:20 PM, derpmonster said:

Last night, she was back. Her stripped down performance was effortless and natural. Nothing forced. Nothing contrived. All while serving Gaga realness by having a full red carpet look and 3 total outfits for the same night. :romance:

I am not saying it was forced but it was clearly a creative choice. She WANTED the performance to look effortless and stripped down while wearing a simple outfit with almost no make up. It was the intention

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,619
On 3/13/2023 at 5:46 PM, Doncho said:

I am not saying it was forced but it was clearly a creative choice. She WANTED the performance to look effortless and stripped down while wearing a simple outfit with almost no make up. It was the intention

Yes, and I'm saying there's a difference between intending that and achieving that. Last night, she did both of those things. 

Of course in the Joanne era, she also intended for it to look effortless and stripped down at times but it didn't work as well. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 25,802

Shazam HMH

#26 Croatia (+51)

#51 Czech Republic (+3)

#55 Austria (+3)

#55 Switzerland (+22)

#59 Japan (+37)

#62 Denmark (+70)

#62 Ireland (NE)

#71 Australia (+116)

#79 Argentina (NE)

#82 Portugal (+11)

#85 Germany (+52)

#87 Canada (+66)

#92 Uruguay (NE)

#96 Italy (+52)

#103 United Kingdom (NE)

#126 Taiwan (NE)

#129 Poland (NE)

#133 Singapore (NE)

#134 Worldwide (NE)

#151 Brazil (NE)

#158 United States (NE)

#182 Finland (NE)

#199 New Zealand (NE)

• paws up 11
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,925
x3
On 3/14/2023 at 7:43 AM, FRANZGA said:

:billie:

In Oblivia charts? 

A top 10 peak is amazing, considering that Katy's singles are absolutely smashing there:giveup: