Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Ooh godga godga :applause: incredible performance that took us back to the joanne era, amazing vocals changed the melodes of the song etc :applause: making headlines for helping that photographer who fell, truly the jesus christ of our time :applause:

Can't be too mad at the Indian song winning, we knew gaga wasnt gonna take it and a flop getting it was the best possible outcome. I didnt want Rihsnna to win with such a mid song, as much as I love her. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,466
On 3/13/2023 at 7:52 AM, derpmonster said:

Wait... Could this performance have been prerecorded? :toofunny:  especially with how she wasn't introduced. I just noticed how she has longer dark roots on the red carpet than in the performance. Her hair looks very different. Like what if this was a rehearsal from like a month ago when she thought she was going to do it? Maybe it's just the angles though. I swear I'm not trying to give OGHs material. 

spacer.png

I don’t disagree you may be onto something but after the performance she changed her dress and her make up looked much different imo so Idk.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 3/13/2023 at 4:42 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

But here it looks like it wasnt prerecorded ⬆️

On 3/13/2023 at 7:52 AM, derpmonster said:

Wait... Could this performance have been prerecorded? :toofunny:  especially with how she wasn't introduced. I just noticed how she has longer dark roots on the red carpet than in the performance. Her hair looks very different. Like what if this was a rehearsal from like a month ago when she thought she was going to do it? Maybe it's just the angles though. I swear I'm not trying to give OGHs material. 

spacer.png

Idk but anyway i'll take a prerecorded performance (that was clearly live unless yall know who last year) over her not perforning like we thought would happen 24h ago.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,023
x3

Hold My Hand 

iTunes:

#3 United States (+30)

#5 Canada (+87)

#7 New Zealand (NE)

#8 Canada (+59)

#8 Czech Republic (-3)

#19 Switzerland (+12)

#20 Germany (+7)

#20 Mexico (NE)

#23 Australia (NE)

#24 France (+41)

#24 United States (NE)

#28 Brazil (NE)

#29 South Africa (NE)

#30 Brazil (NE)

#33 Poland (NE)

#37 Australia (NE)

#37 Mexico (NE)

#42 Austria (-17)

#46 United Kingdom (+56)

#51 Bahrain (-12)

#65 Netherlands (+106)

#84 Italy (-8)

#112 Hong Kong (NE)

#113 Spain (NE)

#172 Japan (NE)

#185 Italy (NE)

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899

Gaga’s performance was a MESS :rip: 

her vocals were really meh and sometimes it was not the right notes especially at the end :rip:

I guess I won’t rewatch the performance 

congrats to Rihanna for her first Oscar :applause: 

• lol 3

ARTPOPster 1,624
On 3/13/2023 at 12:43 AM, Miaou said:

Gaga’s performance was a MESS :rip: 

her vocals were really meh and sometimes it was not the right notes especially at the end :rip:

I guess I won’t rewatch the performance 

congrats to Rihanna for her first Oscar :applause: 

Girl what :rip: I'm usually really critical of singing performances and I could understand hating on her bending notes for CBT but this one? 

It was literally near pitch perfect except for like one or two notes and they weren't that far off. :bebe: if you have trouble with notes that are this slightly off... Idk how you listen to any music at all. You can always play back sin waves on your phone I guess :billiecat:

Spoiler

Every single human voice bends notes. We're not machines. It makes us human. And sometimes, discordance is pleasant. Stream this discordant masterpiece to fix your ears:

• paws up 5

ARTPOPster 1,624
On 3/13/2023 at 12:11 AM, DonnieDarko said:

I don’t disagree you may be onto something but after the performance she changed her dress and her make up looked much different imo so Idk.

Yeah now that I see it again, I think the difference is her hair is pulled back much more tightly on the red carpet whereas you can see it's looser in the performance (she had to take off that dress and put on that T-shirt so hair was gonna get messier), so the top is bunched up and roots stand out less. Crisis averted :laughga:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 3/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, derpmonster said:

Girl what :rip: I'm usually really critical of singing performances and I could understand hating on her bending notes for CBT but this one? 

It was literally near pitch perfect except for like one or two notes and they weren't that far off. :bebe: if you have trouble with notes that are this slightly off... Idk how you listen to any music at all. You can always play back sin waves on your phone I guess :billiecat:

Reveal hidden contents

Every single human voice bends notes. We're not machines. It makes us human. And sometimes, discordance is pleasant. Stream this discordant masterpiece to fix your ears:

Plssssss

discordance is not pleasant at all :mess: Dope, TIHTY…etc were for example songs that I literally can’t hear again cause it is not pleasant at all :mess:

I know she is literally filming Joker 2 and I applaud her for being such a pro to still perform at the Oscars but her vocals were not the tea 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,624
On 3/13/2023 at 1:05 AM, Miaou said:

discordance is not pleasant at all :mess: Dope, TIHTY…etc were for example songs that I literally can’t hear again cause it is not pleasant at all :mess:

Oh ok. I always used to wonder why people made shady comments towards you here but now I get it. I'm sorry for all the amazing art you have to miss out in life because of... *points in general direction of this post*

flavor of love wtf GIF

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1