Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 3/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, Fame Romance said:

This is tragic in 2023 :rip:it’s as if Flowers never happened for the rest of the album 

Only 1 album track in the top 50, Chromatica had every track including interludes top 50 :rip:

The way it is tanking 💀☠️

• lol 1

The Popster 99

Biggest tank of the recent years methinks.  A lead single with more than 110M radio aud and at some point pulling 17M daily streams, a whole Disney Plus special on the release’s day, ads everywhere, a new music video… this is tragic!

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,641
On 3/11/2023 at 12:32 PM, Fame Romance said:

This is tragic in 2023 :rip:it’s as if Flowers never happened for the rest of the album 

Only 1 album track in the top 50, Chromatica had every track including interludes top 50 :rip:

I wonder with how many streams Chromatica would've debuted nowadays adjusted for inflation

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,641
On 3/11/2023 at 12:39 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

PH did 19M :laughga:

iirc PH basically didn't drop on the second and third day, the first signs of the amazing longevity it has to this day

let's see how this one fares, but I think it's just not as good as PH 

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 3/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Chromatica's debut was so amazing, to bad it's longevity sucked. We need both for next era :lesson:

It's true tho

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279

On 3/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, Mew said:

Biggest tank of the recent years methinks.  A lead single with more than 110M radio aud and at some point pulling 17M daily streams, a whole Disney Plus special on the release’s day, ads everywhere, a new music video… this is tragic!

also 270m playlist reach for Flowers

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 3/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Miley is a singles artist it seems. 

wouldn't RIver smash too then? I think ppl got used to flowers standard too quickly, looking back it really was massively helped by whole Liam narrative which then didn't translate to the album

Pop-a-911-ster 39,246

Miley numbers  :rip:

ugh, I love Miley and I was hoping she could get a hit album but…..:bradley:

edit: and ngl I think River is such an awful single choice, it’s not very memorable at all, much better songs on the album 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,061
On 3/11/2023 at 8:15 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I just remembered that with Flowers she had all these tracks charting on Spotify's 200 while this album had seemingly very little effect in her catalogue 

Something similar happened with Adele, the day of EOM release she pulled a Rihanna-type Spotify flood but the day of the album release there wasn’t much catalogue increasement

• paws up 2