Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster This Way 638
On 3/10/2023 at 8:05 AM, Arturo said:

The production on River is very good. Not sure how it will do. Sounds like something that would do well in 2010.

It’s really sounds like late 00s pop. Like Disturbia, Can’t Be Tamed, etc

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,941
On 3/10/2023 at 2:05 AM, Arturo said:

The production on River is very good. Not sure how it will do. Sounds like something that would do well in 2010.

OMG I thought the same thing:icant:

The production is so good in some parts and so bad-outdated-generic in others:katy:

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 3/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, zoldyck said:

Endless Summer Vacation is giving Rare/Chromatica vibes, very underwhelming. 

The interlude being the best thing about the album.

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 3/10/2023 at 8:54 AM, Leptine said:

Exactly my point in my previous posts.

But can we just keep these in the drafts or something?? Cause it might not look good to some :katy:

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

Wow I'm so under-whelmed with Miley's album. I had such high hopes, Plastic Hearts was amazing and I really like Flowers. Basically no memorable songs on this album for me, no song made me go ''wow this is a good song, lemme add it to my playlist''. Maybe the album will grow on me when I listen to it multiple times. :cry:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,620

A Gaga wax figure that actually looks like her? I'm impressed. 

Also, Miley's album was OK. Not what I was hoping for but maybe it's a grower. It felt a bit like the Weekend's last album. Musically a bit generic. The only song I really liked was Muddy Feet. The WTF Do I Know of this album. :romance: and the pre-chorus vocals and production? Giving Nina Simone tbh.

A Popster Is Born 12,827
On 3/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Plastic Hearts was amazing, i think that was a case of 'do or die' for her she had to put out quality record and now after that she is in flowers where she is getting 6 week #1s and probably big debut for this one. I like some of the tracks.

like rare/chromatica it will free-fall and selloff one single if GP dont like it so we will see. don't forget about tiktok and the B side factor... 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 3/10/2023 at 8:14 AM, FRANZGA said:

But can we just keep these in the drafts or something?? Cause it might not look good to some :katy:

It's not big deal at the end, it's just a speculation, however that is why I posted it in here and not on ATRL.

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 3/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, BloodyOreo said:

You-River-Headstand is a pretty good run 

River, Flowers and Headstand are pretty good. 

At first listen it is okay. 

Plastic Hearts was better 

Edited by Mario Spears

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 3/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Plastic Hearts was amazing, i think that was a case of 'do or die' for her she had to put out quality record and now after that she is in flowers where she is getting 6 week #1s and probably big debut for this one. I like some of the tracks.

like rare/chromatica it will free-fall and selloff one single if GP dont like it so we will see. don't forget about tiktok and the B side factor... 

Rare & Chromatica also had 1 successful single but GP didn't stick with deep cuts

i think ESV will do atleast 50WOC bc flowers is a lot bigger than ROM & LYTLM 

Rivers is a mess, violent chemistry or 1000 miles can serve moderate success if released as singles, i didn't LOVE LOVE them but they are not bad. I really loved the production on Interlude but that can't be a single. pH remains her best album by miles. The worst song on PH is better than best on ESV.

Thats why i always want my favs to have quality deep cuts than 1 cute hit single but filler tracks. One thing i noticed that GP likes opposite of what  EuropeanWhite gays do. I know they are gagging over violent chemistry but its just another dated pop song.

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 3/10/2023 at 7:53 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Never forget who the REAL Queen of Disney is:

I said what i said. Too sad she stopped making music after Dignity. She literally was about to become the American Kylie Minogue, but she blew it! 🙄😓

Thots? @Adarsh @emig_09 @BloodyOreo

Edited by Mario Spears

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 3/10/2023 at 12:48 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Maybe, but nothing from Rare/Chromatica was nearly as successful as Flowers. Also, she promotes the hell out of her music with performances. We'll see. I personally don't think it's similar to Chromatica sound/concept wise or in terms of how it'll perform.