Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 3/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Gaga is a perfectionist. If she's lost a lot of weight to play Harley, and she's not in that popstar mindset (or in proper voice) then yeah. We never should have expected her to perform. Im def a head clown here. :laughga: But I can see her not going for the same exact reasons. That's why, everyone saying she's attending seems wierd to me too. 

Reveal hidden contents

Stanning this woman is like the highest highs and the lows are in hell. This f@#$ing sucks.  So sad right now. :cry:

Aside from her not attending the Globes and Critics Choice, that have became the less prestigious awards-events, when I saw she didn't attend the Oscars Luncheon, it has always been blatant to me the strong possibility that she wasn't going to perform or attend the Oscars this year as well.

Aside from speculations, JFAD role is definitely very demanding and very important, she is putting all herself into that, I totally respect her decision, it's a lot more important that everything is on point with the movie than performing at the Oscars.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 3/9/2023 at 5:44 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The FADscars could've been opportunity for it to have its moment, but i guess if she is not got the time to prepare then there's no point performing for performance sake... it kinda adds to the low-keyness of the HMH era as a whole its not ending on a high and as a fan she gives all her singles a tv moment at least.
no important physical award has come from it either, unless the rare chance that she actually takes it on Sunday :enigma:

If there is no real acknowledging the song and she doesn't attend? And she DOES win and BP goes up to accept? It will be the worst day of my life. :laughga:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 3/9/2023 at 6:59 AM, Leptine said:

Aside from her not attending the Globes and Critics Choice, that have became the less prestigious awards-events, when I saw she didn't attend the Oscars Luncheon, it has always been blatant to me the strong possibility that she wasn't going to perform or attend the Oscars this year as well.

Aside from speculations, JFAD role is definitely very demanding and very important, she is putting all herself into that, I totally respect her decision, it's a lot more important that everything is on point with the movie than performing at the Oscars.

Correct. She said in that interview that she prefers solitude. Ma'am is IN IT. :laughga: 

To be serious for a second though, I don't like the optics of it all. For her fans and the Academy. It doesn't feel like a good thing, you know?  Of course we understand where she's coming from, but I feel most won't. 

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 3/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The FADscars could've been opportunity for it to have its moment, but i guess if she is not got the time to prepare then there's no point performing for performance sake... it kinda adds to the low-keyness of the HMH era as a whole its not ending on a high and as a fan she gives all her singles a tv moment at least.
no important physical award has come from it either, unless the rare chance that she actually takes it on Sunday :enigma:

The HMH era is officially over sis, it has been a lost occasion imo for multiple reasons, but oh well, it went this way, it's not big deal, she still managed to get an Oscar nomination out of it, for the rest we have so much better and interesting things to look forward in the near future when it comes to Godga :zoom:

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 3/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Correct. She said in that interview that she prefers solitude. Ma'am is IN IT. :laughga: 

To be serious for a second though, I don't like the optics of it all. For her fans and the Academy. It doesn't feel like a good thing, you know?  Of course we understand where she's coming from, but I feel most won't. 

The people working in the industry and so Academy members know what it means being totally committed and focus in a movie, if anything this gives her more props to be totally professional and her work ethic when it comes to a movie project

People in the industry will know she had to give up performing at the Oscars in order to give priority to her movie, this will only put her reputation with the movie industry even on a higher level because a director even for future projects know they can totally rely on her despite her superstar status.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 3,098
On 3/9/2023 at 7:19 AM, Leptine said:

The HMH era is officially over sis, it has been a lost occasion imo for multiple reasons, but oh well, it went this way, it's not big deal, she still managed to get an Oscar nomination out of it, for the rest we have so much better and interesting things to look forward in the near future when it comes to Godga :zoom:

We could technically blame Covid again. The movie was supposed to come out in 2020. :cry:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, zoldyck said:

Rich coming from Beyonce stan after acting like Renaissance is some sort of masterpiece 

It is a masterpiece 

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, BloodyOreo said:

on my first listen, Miley's record is not great

Yep, I'm very underwhelmed. I love the transition in the second half of Handstand and I also like River, but that's about it

A Popster Is Born 11,536
On 3/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, BloodyOreo said:

on my first listen, Miley's record is not great :bigbird:

Loved River though, hopefully it's another hit for her 

Ma'am, it's not out yet :ninja:

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, PanPikus said:

Ma'am, it's not out yet :ninja:

There are these things called time zones :ninja:

• lol 2