Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 3/2/2023 at 9:51 PM, monketsharona said:

What I meant is that she's probably having no other project / public appearances until Joker 2 is wrapped. 

She already said during HOG promo that when she taking a role she likes being in her character's shoes and not being distracted by anything. That could explain why she's she's so 'rare' for months now.

During HOG filmings she was seen doing other things like giving a speech for Elton John's Oscar party or rehearsing for Coachella while filming for ASIB so its not like this is a strict law either. 

Popster This Way 701

Lady Gaga has still not confirmed her appearance for Oscars Best Song performance. 

Two years back, all the five best original song nominees performed but that was shown on pre-show. That move was seen as disrespectful by many in the music industry. Following that, Van Morrison had declined to perform Down To Joy last year. Hence, it is left to speculation why Gaga has still not booked the performance as yet.

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/hollywood/story/lady-gaga-has-still-not-confirmed-her-appearance-for-oscars-best-song-performance-heres-why-2341127-2023-03-01

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,592
On 3/2/2023 at 9:50 PM, Doncho said:

The nightmare if HMH somehow wins and Gaga is not there :laughga::laughga::laughga:

GodGa evil plan. She’s on voters' mind because everyone wonders if she'll perform, cause she's the only one not confirmed. She stands out from the rest of BOS nominees. 

Genius move :creepin:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 57,447
On 3/2/2023 at 10:02 PM, Andreu said:

Sold out show like ava max :applause: shouldve booket the stade the france instead 

Let’s not go that far, L’Olympia is 2k capacity vs. 80-100k for Stade de France  :icant:

I did struggle to get my tickets this morning, she could do a second date there methinks

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,624

Unless I'm missing something, the voting members of the Academy include professionals from the entire industry, not just people affiliated with the Oscars. :enigma:

Gaga herself is a voter. Now imagine if another BOS nominee didn't show up. Would that bias Gaga against them in the future? No, because I can't see her personally caring about someone dIsReSpEcTiNg the Oscars. She doesn't work for them. :oscar:

Now it's possible there's a committee a la Grammys that could override votes but I'm not aware. 

Let me be delulu for a moment…Wouldn’t it be hilarious if a surprise Grammy win for ROM as she is filming HOGfather scenario, repeats itself by GODGA winning the Oscar as she is no show cause of filming schedule for Joker…

Get ready for Natu Natu Indian fans on our a** like bts stans did in 2020!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 3/2/2023 at 3:04 PM, DonnieDarko said:

^^
Are they really that dumb? She’s filming a movie. She’s busy. Like, what’s so hard to get?

it's India Today, not one of the reputable trades (Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter) so grain of salt of course.

• thanks 1