Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 3/2/2023 at 7:42 PM, monketsharona said:

still have faith for a BM sped up version on Spotify as it's included on the vinyl version. Maybe they'll launch at the same time ?

Yeah i think its all will be released on spotify/itunes/her website at the same time as vinyl ships. March 15 

I still think March 24-30 week would be better tho 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Off-topic but the Billboard Women in Music show was really entertaining last night. I had never heard of Doechii, but she ATE up all the other girls with this performance:

I think I may need to stan. She's giving Azealia Banks x Beyonce x Gaga.

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,894
On 3/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, monketsharona said:

Just a random question if they release the sped up version, will it count as a new seperate song or for original song (on Spotify streams and Billboard Hot 100) ?

Spotify different song, Billboard same song

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,900
On 3/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, monketsharona said:

Just a random question if they release the sped up version, will it count as a new seperate song or for original song (on Spotify streams and Billboard Hot 100) ?

If Butter hotter/sweeter/cooler remixes can be combined on the Hot 100, the sped up version better be combined too

A Popster Is Born 10,621
On 3/2/2023 at 6:11 PM, Big said:

It makes no sense for them to wait if the official sped up version already exists, just drop it. Morgan Wallen will debut at least 20 songs from his new album on the Hot 100 within two weeks and at least 5 of them will debut above Bloody Mary and the following week Miley will debut some songs from her new album too, and that's praying for that Drake, Future or one of those Lil's don't even think about dropping a record out of nowhere.

If they were a record company and not a circus they would release an EP at midnight including the sped up version, a slowed-down version, an instrumental version and the original version, to increase the song's streaming points to keep up with the great moment of the song on the radio, dampening or even nullifying the punches of the next few weeks' hot releases on the chart.

On the contrary I think releasing the sped up version later in March would be smart knowing they now have the radio support (alone) to keep it growing on Hot 100. That would give the streaming boost we need. And the Billboard new peaks we want.

I don't think Gaga team really want the frontloaded approach in the future anyway. And they didn't go for Bloody Mary since the start (and we were wrong expecting a lead single promo approach for this one).

And most of viral songs goes this way (except the RUTH example). Just look at how Die For You started trending almost a year ago and is now top 10 with new content still being released around it. 

Edited by monketsharona

Popster for Sale 41,900
On 3/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, BloodyMary said:

When she surprise drops BM music video tonight :icant:

Instead of performing BOS at the Oscars? A reverse The Cure expedition :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,399
On 3/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

They posted the presenters. So she’s not performing 

I thought the same thing :rip: they clearly moved on from announcing performers to presenters

we truly lost 

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,399
On 3/2/2023 at 1:14 PM, BloodyOreo said:

another day of "no Gaga no ratings" coping mechanism at least, hopefully :icant:

Nah they’ll rise in ratings ala the GRAMMYs thanks to Rihanna and it will just be another humbling for us :billie: Humble cat won today 

• sad 1