HAC (up to 10)

+60 spins

+0,201 ai

with MRL tonight we can secure another 0.600-0.800 update today 

• paws up 3
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,921
On 2/25/2023 at 3:47 PM, Leptine said:

Quality is subjective tho and if we look at the most successful longevity albums charts wise in the last years or the most streamed artists, there's no much quality in my opinion over that, the contrary.

ASIB sure has quality (and even timeless I would say) music but it managed to have longevity thanks to the success and exposition of the music through the movie that stayed in movie theaters for months and then released digitally, on tv, ecc, it managed to get spread to the audience in that way, but quality is not enough to sell an album and having longevity these days if you don't have the right label that makes the right choices, especially without radios and playlisting support.

If she would have released the same ASIB music without the movie, I doubt it would have had the same longevity and success, her label team would have found a way or another to make the wrong move and ruin the era in way or another.

Music taste can be subjective but quality is NOT subjective i’m sorry 

The artist u speak of with high Streams & low quality are either mass releasing (drake, midnights)  or carried by singles (doja, dua, ariana, ed sheeran, shakira), by quality work i mean a body of work not a song with 1.5B Streams but 20 songs with 200M each (if i had to explain it bases of Streams)

& asib songs are still stable in Streams despite not big peaks is bc they have quality, movie promotion ended on March, 2019. Meanwhile chromatica didn't age well bc the LYRICS are not relatable (although they are good) & production is absolutely dated. These two are tha major things which makes your music relatable/non-relatable. Why is the weeknd so viral these days? Why BM blew up? Why 2015 album from arctic monkeys is viral? Why lana del rey is Suddenly so big? The answer is relatable music (LYRICS or production). Lana never had a huge backup team but then 3 of her albums are on verge to enter Billboard charts after so many years.....its THE MUSIC QUALITY & TikTok era is the reason the past quality music which wasnt accessible to masses is now accessible to them. LG7 might not have big debut like chromatica if its not backed up by label & it might leave charts in 20 WOC in worst case scenario but one day it will get is resurgence if she brings the Top Tier quality like plastic hearts, ultraviolnce, NFR, hounds of love!. 

One more thing is that radio hits might give u a stable hot 100 song but radios doesn't help with album or RIAA certifications if u want that for singles

Shallow was not a radio hit but its the biggest song of 2018 for a Reason.

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,620
On 2/25/2023 at 11:35 AM, BloodyMary said:

I still have faith smth gonna be released to give it a higher peak around this time next month. :legend:

I doubt it's happening, I honestly moved on from BM since more than a month, I barely check the updates.

I would rather her to release a droplet or something new this Summer hopefully.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:37 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

POP

+116 spins

+0,357 ai

HAC (up to 10)

+60 spins

+0,201 ai

7K SPINS 

HELLOOOOOO LETS CELEBRATE THAT! 

i swear if its Bloody Mary of all songs that goes Top10 in a DECADE :oscar:

Our prayers are heard, pop radio darling ear candy Gaga is back :oscar:

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,101
On 2/25/2023 at 5:43 AM, BloodyMary said:

7K SPINS 

Took decades. 

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,181
On 2/25/2023 at 11:43 AM, BloodyMary said:

7K SPINS 

Of all solo songs* (ROM #10) but yeah feels surreal that Pop radio is supporting a Gaga song this much nowadays 

• paws up 1

On 2/25/2023 at 1:45 PM, Fame Romance said:

Of all solo songs* (ROM #10) but yeah feels surreal that Pop radio is supporting a Gaga song this much nowadays 

I meant solo Top10 on Pop radio. 

Last time we were there with Applause #4 in 2013 and #1 with Born This Way in 2011

If BM goes Top10 it will be first time a solo Gaga song in 10 years. 

Popster to Popster 3,903

25 years ago, Madge made HERstory and put out her 2nd best album 

Ray Of Light never dies! 🔥❤️🙌👑

Frozen still her best song btw!!! 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,620
On 2/25/2023 at 11:41 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Music taste can be subjective but quality is NOT subjective i’m sorry & asib songs are still stable in Streams despite not big peaks is bc they have quality, movie promotion ended on March, 2019. Meanwhile chromatica didn't age well bc the LYRICS are not relatable (although they are good) & production is absolutely dated. These two are tha major things which makes your music relatable/non-relatable. Why is the weeknd so viral these days? Why BM blew up? Why 2015 album from arctic monkeys is viral? Why lana del rey is Suddenly so big? The answer is relatable music (LYRICS or production). Lana never had a huge backup team but then 3 of her albums are on verge to enter Billboard charts after so many years.....its THE MUSIC QUALITY & TikTok era is the reason the past quality music which wasnt accessible to masses is now accessible to them. LG7 might not have big debut like chromatica if its not backed up by label & it might leave charts in 20 WOC in worst case scenario but one day it will get is resurgence if she brings the Top Tier quality like plastic hearts, ultraviolnce, NFR, hounds of love!. 

One more thing is that radio hits might give u a stable hot 100 song but radios doesn't help with album or RIAA certifications if u want that for singles

Shallow was not a radio hit but its the biggest song of 2018 for a Reason.

It's not about the "movie promotion", the movie itself is the promo for the music and the vehicle to reach audience.

Everytime it airs on television in some country or get added on a streaming service and so on, the music charts, that is what helped to maintain longevity, it's high exposition for the music.

Sure there is quality, the songs are good, the movie is good, that is why they became successful in first place, but without the movie success, I doubt the music would have managed to maintain longevity just because of quality alone.

Weeknd has always been successful on Spotify and charts in the last years, it's not surprising he has viral songs, Lana Del Rey has always had a good support on Spotify, but Lana having good recurrent streams from her past albums didn't translate in the same way in her last new releases.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,921

when you have lana type lyricism & the weeknd type production, masses with relate to tour quality

if your Quality is good but music is not clicking with gp then whats the worth?

u can try be a niche hyperpop artists like mitski & björk if thats what u want 

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/25/2023 at 11:54 AM, Mario Spears said:

25 years ago, Madge made HERstory and put out her 2nd best album 

Ray Of Light never dies! 🔥❤️🙌👑

Frozen still her best song btw!!! 

And here Madge and Britney being mother and daughter ❤️

Everytime 🤝 Frozen 

CPIphFF.jpeg

Spoiler

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,921
On 2/25/2023 at 4:24 PM, Leptine said:

It's not about the "movie promotion", the movie itself is the promo for the music and the vehicle to reach audience.

Everytime it airs on television in some country or get added on a streaming service and so on, the music charts, that is what helped to maintain longevity, it's high exposition for the music.

Sure there is quality, the songs are good, the movie is good, that is why they became successful in first place, but without the movie success, I doubt the music would have managed to maintain longevity just because of quality alone.

Weeknd has always been successful on Spotify and charts in the last years, it's not surprising he has viral songs, Lana Del Rey has always had a good support on Spotify, but Lana having good recurrent streams from her past albums didn't translate in the same way in her last new releases

The music Industry has SHIFTED though

Its the time artists can risk it at most bc TikTok is backing your sh!t up if you knock it out 

Its that time when u don't have to take care about massive singles to sell pure sales so that people buy your albums in stores

Its streaming era, Streams from individual songs count to your sales, people Stream songs now don't even watch mvs anymore, even pure sales artists era failing now

an album like Folklore or NFR would've tanked massively in 2010 but now they work very well bc of streaming, music is much more accessible & if TikTok catches it up thats cherry on top

& Yes in 2019 initial success helped the ASIB OST but in long run its surviving on its quality

Promo can help u temporarily but music will age well if its good & relatable

Same with born this way, its resurgence was imminent from very start

& Im saying relatable music for a reason bc lemonade is one of the greatest albums of 2010s but it aged badly with masses bc jay z incident passed away

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, BloodyOreo said:

A Britney Jean re-release? :dead: Who asked for this? 

😭💀

Popster to Popster 4,620
On 2/25/2023 at 11:57 AM, Ayobabylon said:

when you have lana type lyricism & the weeknd type production, masses with relate to tour quality

if your Quality is good but music is not clicking with gp then whats the worth?

u can try be a niche hyperpop artists like mitski & björk if thats what u want 

What about Drake, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber?

They're literally in the top6 of most streamed artists on Spotify and yet their music is totally basic and certainly not high quality.

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, Leptine said:

What about Drake, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber?

They're literally in the top6 of most streamed artists on Spotify and yet their music is totally basic and certainly not high quality.

Who even listens to JB anymore 💀