Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 2/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Thrasher said:

Yeah but I think the focus here was more quality than quantity. Especially since LG7 could be her “last” popgirl era before she tones down with her music career (might be wrong but I have this feeling) then we’d like proper drive and execution for it, a kind of “last hurrah” like ANTi was to make an example (Chromatica era was probably designed to be something like that and it sucks that all the plans for it were cancelled and now we gotta wait). 

I agree. However, I think the only way Gaga can make LG7 her magnum opus is if it’s a self-written jazz influenced album. The critics will definitely eat that up. And she needs to merge genres like she did on BTW.

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/19/2023 at 6:22 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It seems that for Gaga the message, the artistry and the story behind each album is way more important than the numbers itself. Not that she doesn’t care but yeah, she’s not as involved as Taylor for example.

Also, imo she thinks of herself as a full on entertainer rather than just a music star, which keeps her mind off the numbers, computers and stats (as she said in that ARTPOP interview iicr).

She does care but up to a point (aka she is not obsessed with her numbers). I feel like Gaga's been there and done that and overall saw how toxic the music industry can be with these stats and numbers (literally see how Troy, Akon and other people reacted to her when she was "going down" with ARTPOP) ever since then I feel like she wanted to "do her" and be free more than to be a chart destroyer. Also she's obviously going to be happy if she keeps getting hits and stuff but if it doesn't happen then she's not going to cry about it if you know what I mean.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,920
On 2/19/2023 at 9:59 PM, chartgaga said:

I think she needs to be bolder with her lead singles too...

like girl had Alice, Replay and could have released them as lead singles of Chroma which would have helped the message better imo

but they went safe with Stupid Love

Alice don't even have a proper song structure to be a lead single

& Honestly she just needs top tier body of work like NFR, ANTI or even Folklore (not genre or sound, im speaking quality wise) 

Cheap radio singles age like milk, she needs more arutw, august or love on the brian in her albums 

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 2/19/2023 at 6:50 PM, LGMonster95 said:

She does care but up to a point (aka she is not obsessed with her numbers). I feel like Gaga's been there and done that and overall saw how toxic the music industry can be with these stats and numbers (literally see how Troy, Akon and other people reacted to her when she was "going down" with ARTPOP) ever since then I feel like she wanted to "do her" and be free more than to be a chart destroyer. Also she's obviously going to be happy if she keeps getting hits and stuff but if it doesn't happen then she's not going to cry about it if you know what I mean.

That’s why I specifically mentioned that ARTPOP interview from SXSW, where she explained her approach towards commercial aspect of the industry.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/19/2023 at 8:03 PM, DonnieDarko said:

That’s why I specifically mentioned that ARTPOP interview from SXSW, where she explained her approach towards commercial aspect of the industry.

Yeah and I always remember this tweet that she send to me, it felt like she was finally free 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, Bojana said:

What was the context? I cant remember 2014 at all :katy:

The ARTPOP app used to have a countdown (and stuff was going to be revealed like possible new single or music video etc) but it wasn't working anymore because Gaga broke up with her past manager who had the rights for that app, and yeah fans got p*ssed off and started to insult her and then I made that tweet and she saw it and replied to me.

It's kinda crazy how she started this new beginning in her career after that reply. I feel like in a way, I'm part of the history 

Edited by LGMonster95
  • thanks 1