Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 2/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, Adarsh said:

The songs are meant to aid the story, not become hits that we can stream. 

and you can do that with that type of music as well

with any time of music you can telll a story :mess:

Popster for Sale 41,886
On 2/16/2023 at 2:21 PM, Andreu said:

Billboard confirms a 140% boost, so definitely much smaller (percentage-wise) that Gaga's (8x :billiecat:)

That's not a big boost at all, no?

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359
On 2/16/2023 at 8:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

RideOrDie posted these on the Gaga base on ATRL:

« jazz-y outtakes from 2017... :bird: joker fad music... :bird:

that's all little munchers!! »

+

«original music. some of the lyrics though... i had to laugh :bibliahh: »

this makes me both excited, by the possibility that it's original music, and nervous, because why the hell would they be using outtakes from 2017? :dead:

I’m fine with any music as long as it’s original music!!!!!! Idk why anyone was expecting pop bops or any other than Jazz when they used C2C during the promo, obviously it was a taste of the music in J:FAD

honestly I’m really excited to have original Jazz music, praying that this is true! I would love it! Plus what a great way to get into the BOS race again with Gaga’s first original jazz music 

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 2/16/2023 at 3:10 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I’m fine with any music as long as it’s original music!!!!!! Idk why anyone was expecting pop bops or any other than Jazz when they used C2C during the promo, obviously it was a taste of the music in J:FAD

honestly I’m really excited to have original Jazz music, praying that this is true! I would love it! Plus what a great way to get into the BOS race again with Gaga’s first original jazz music 

I mean yeah I definitely wasn't expecting original music, let alone original pop music. I think it's very exciting to hear about original jazz music performed by Gaga, the outtakes part is what puzzles me. The lyric part as well, but that could be because of lack of context. 

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 2/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, Adarsh said:

The songs are meant to aid the story, not become hits that we can stream. 

Well you could say the same thing about Shallow. It didnt sounded like a smash but the GP made it one. Tbh anything can happen with the music. If its used in a creative and impactful way, Im sure it could do decent on charts

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359
On 2/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I mean yeah I definitely wasn't expecting original music, let alone original pop music. I think it's very exciting to hear about original jazz music performed by Gaga, the outtakes part is what puzzles me. The lyric part as well, but that could be because of lack of context. 

Yeah I think we also need to remember that if this is a musical then people should go listen to the lyrics of songs in musicals, it’s always goofy as hell. But that’s what makes Musicals awesome…I’ve actually been watching a lot of film musicals lately to get ready for Joker 2 and so that I can have an informed opinion about that aspect of the film.

Its gonna be very hard to judge the lyrics of some of these songs I’m sure because like you said, musical songs focus so much on the context of what’s in the scene and what’s going on story wise that a lot of the songs/lyrics you listen to seem completely goofy/out of place without that visual.

Im so excited for original music :giveup:

• paws up 3