Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 10,029

Chroma is a good album, I think most people had literal flashbacks of covid + the era being ruined that made the album less enjoyable

Chroma Ball really fixed it for me and it truly proved me that she was indeed passionate about it like she is for all her albums.

i do think new blood (pop not) is needed for her next project. I’d love a BURNS album seeing how immaculate his work on Chrom was

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 2/16/2023 at 12:23 PM, chartgaga said:

Chroma is a good album, I think most people had literal flashbacks of covid + the era being ruined that made the album less enjoyable

We can’t really  know what other people really think but I agree that covid overall ruined this era along with Gaga’s approach to the album’s rollout. 

And we can’t ignore the BLM movement starting on the very night she released the album. I still remember her being happy and posting videos of her dancing with Bobby jjst to find comments that she should read the room and shut up about her new album.

:scared:

It really broke my heart. 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, DonnieDarko said:

We can’t really  know what other people really think but I agree that covid overall ruined this era along with Gaga’s approach to the album’s rollout. 

And we can’t ignore the BLM movement starting on the very night she released the album. I still remember her being happy and posting videos of her dancing with Bobby jjst to find comments that she should read the room and shut up about her new album.

:scared:

It really broke my heart. 

Agree

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,894
On 2/16/2023 at 3:54 AM, nydedan said:

I think what Todd Philps is trying to do here is following Martin Scorsese's path in the 70s.

Joker is obviously a tribute to Taxi Driver (1976) and they both have Robert De Niro. And after Taxi Driver Martin made New York, New York (1977) starring Liza and Robert (again). The film was a jazzy musical about two sometimes paranoid and chaotic individuals (sounds familiar?) And we all know Liza is one of the biggest inspirations of Gaga and Gaga sings the song New York, New York for multiple times...

That's exactly what Grace Randolph said

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,081
On 2/16/2023 at 5:31 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Its not good enough enough and im being objective

We need to move on from chromatica 

Move where? Where are we going, sis? :arguega:  We got what we got for another year or so at least. Im still streaming it daily.....

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 2/16/2023 at 11:36 AM, Impossible Princess said:

RS has gone mad-

These lists are clearly a gimmick to get engagement on their socials and clicks on their website, I think we should stop sharing/reacting to them at all tbh

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 41,723
On 2/16/2023 at 11:17 AM, Adarsh said:

Not people saying Beyoncé is a good actor :mess: What’s next? Taylor Swift is a good dancer? :ohhh:

Taylor is actually a more nuanced dancer than Beyoncé. Her ballet is heavily underrated and is one of the best in the industry.

swift-grooving.gif

• lol 9

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 2/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, DonnieDarko said:

They’re a lost cause.

Its not ayochromatica for a reason dont drag me bc i try to keep it objective, LOST CAUSE is a big word imma throw hands:leap:

Spoiler

JK:nickiha:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,583

Yeah TF/BTW/ASIB are definitely more acclaimed overall than Chromatica don't let Metacritic scores fool you. Pop albums in general have much better scores nowadays. I think Chromatica is more acclaimed than Joanne and ARTPOP though.

Edited by BloodyOreo